The Goff-season Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
No surprises there. McVay knows what he's doing. (y)

HellRam

Starter
McVay was asked today about his comments yesterday, and to clarify the "QB right now" chatter. Rodrigue just tweeted his response 2day, this was specifically how he answered the question about his Goff comment:

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1350942833704902660?s=20

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1350943130334490628?s=20

Damn...considering Goff played pretty well these playoffs thats not very encouraging in regards to how McVay feels towards his QB.

I won't make too much of it. But the optics don't look great.

Shuie3225

Starter
Damn...considering Goff played pretty well these playoffs thats not very encouraging in regards to how McVay feels towards his QB.

I won't make too much of it. But the optics don't look great.

Yea Goff played well last game, you cant fault him for our loss vs GB. And vs SEA he stepped up in a big way... so I agree its odd how McVay has been addressing him to the media. That tells me more than anything he just wasn't happy with how he performed this year, and maybe last year too. But he's not holding back his punches anymore with the media thats for sure.

Two new reports on Watson today..one from Adam Schefter. I really wonder if we're going to make a legit run at him:

View: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1350877652291383300?s=20

1610927790433.png

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You just defined a lot of this board and sports fans. And there are people around here who've stated they want him to get a HC job because of yesterday.
They must've forgotten about our consistently middle of the pack defense

nighttrain

Legend
if jrry32 is on the money with his QBR stuff, Goff currently has a career of 91 avg, if it raises 10 points higher, gives him a QBR of 101, which by chance, is the exact rating Goff had in his SB year, hmmmmmmmmmm
train

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea Goff played well last game, you cant fault him for our loss vs GB. And vs SEA he stepped up in a big way... so I agree its odd how McVay has been addressing him to the media. That tells me more than anything he just wasn't happy with how he performed this year, and maybe last year too. But he's not holding back his punches anymore with the media thats for sure.

Two new reports on Watson today..one from Adam Schefter. I really wonder if we're going to make a legit run at him:

View: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1350877652291383300?s=20

View attachment 43013

I have no doubt we will. I still think it's going to be hard for us to make it happen unless Deshaun ties their hands or Miami isn't interested.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay was asked today about his comments yesterday, and to clarify the "QB right now" chatter. Rodrigue just tweeted his response 2day, this was specifically how he answered the question about his Goff comment:

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1350942833704902660?s=20

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1350943130334490628?s=20

Guarantee he doesn't say this if the initial question was about Donald. If he can upgrade Goff he's gonna do it.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
IF the Rams move on from Goff, more of a realistic option would be Sam Darnold.

I give it 70% chance Goff is our QB next season.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Guarantee he doesn't say this if the initial question was about Donald. If he can upgrade Goff he's gonna do it.
Without thinking too much into what he said, I agree. It’d be hard to imagine him saying something like this if he was asked about the DT position.

Shuie3225

Starter
I have no doubt we will. I still think it's going to be hard for us to make it happen unless Deshaun ties their hands or Miami isn't interested.

I think it will be hard as well given no 1st round pick this year. But what's even more important IMO, is McVay being the head coach, our organizational stability, and the fact we are in the 2nd biggest market in the US in Los Angeles. Because Watson has the no trade clause, he can essentially choose where he wants to go, or in essence force Houston to deal with a team he wants to go to.

He won a national championship in college, the guy is a winner.. I really doubt he chooses a bad franchise or someone that needs a full rebuild like the Jets or the Jags. Even though they have a lot of draft capital. Not sure what the tampering rules are in the NFL, but if McVay/Snead could somehow get word to Watson's team that the Rams are very interested and would love to have him.. and are putting together a big trade package to get him - Watson could be excited by that and make his intentions known that he wants to come to LA.

Snead/McVay have been very aggressive with trades when they want to get a player.. so maybe we could pull it off. I think Miami will be a big competitor though. I just don't want to see him go to SF that would be demoralizing.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
I don’t gamble but if I did I would put my money on Goff being the Rams starting QB next season!

Last edited:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I just don't see how we make a trade for Watson work with the cap ramifications as well as our lack of draft capital and players we could send to Houston.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Without thinking too much into what he said, I agree. It’d be hard to imagine him saying something like this if he was asked about the DT position.
Not to mention, he could've said "Goff is my guy but I wanna add depth at the position". He didn't say that. In fact he hasn't said anything secure about Goff in a long time

TXRams86

The Infamous
Not to mention, he could've said "Goff is my guy but I wanna add depth at the position". He didn't say that. In fact he hasn't said anything secure about Goff in a long time
His “coach speak” on the QB position and Goff in particular has certainly changed as the season went on. Coach knows what he’s doing and he kind of double down on creating speculation with his comments today. Could be big or could be nothing. But I think it’s safe to say nothing in his comments screams “Goff is definitely the guy going forward.”

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His “coach speak” on the QB position and Goff in particular has certainly changed as the season went on. Coach knows what he’s doing and he kind of double down on creating speculation with his comments today. Could be big or could be nothing. But I think it’s safe to say nothing in his comments screams “Goff is definitely the guy going forward.”
Yep. That single comment could've cooled off the whole off-season. Mcvay chose not to.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well the qb that won is a mobile move the pocket and gets first down with his legs in Josh Allen. Did you watch that game and see how he kept plays alive. Did you notice that. I didn't say a Lamar was the answer but if you look at a Josh Allen that is the makeup of the new generation of quarterbacks
Well we should just go get one. They're a dime dozen - aren't they?

TXRams86

The Infamous
Yep. That single comment could've cooled off the whole off-season. Mcvay chose not to.
Come to think of it. McVay continued to give Gurley praise and even blamed himself for some of his struggles up until the day that he got cut. He didn’t say anything remotely close to what we’ve heard coming from his about Goff recently. Again, could be telling or could be nothing - the situation is completely different between QB and RB to be fair.

…..

Legend
Wasnt there a time this season where Goff audibled out of a play and McVay was clearly upset? Or am I imagining things?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tells me Wolford and Perkins aren't the answer because they're already on the roster. He said he wants more competition and if two guys on the roster now don't provide that sounds like he'll bring somebody in for their spots to compete.