TE Temarrick Hemingway Looking to Make An Impact

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
A second-year player dropping a few passes?
It's been known to happen.
Especially when you put a lot of pressure on him as a rookie to be the number one TE on an NFL team.

I would expect a bit of a breakout season for Higbee if anything.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Before preseason started last year Hemingway was considered by many to being the likely starting TE on the Rams, including many here on ROD. So because he got injured some of you are ready to write him off? Oh and @flv where did you hear he was still being affected by his injury from last year? Because I don't remember reading anything saying that.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And this stuff about Higbee not catching with any kind of tight coverage is a silly exaggeration. He drops some but he catches some.

Personally I'm excited to see what these two young studs do this year.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
A second-year player dropping a few passes?
It's been known to happen.
Especially when you put a lot of pressure on him as a rookie to be the number one TE on an NFL team.

I would expect a bit of a breakout season for Higbee if anything.
Sorry but two years in a row of dropsies in traffic, it's kind of hard to keep the faith.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe

Remember people:

You can have other opinions than mine... But you'd be wrong.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hemmingway looked damned good at the TC practices I attended last season. I was really bummed when he got hurt in pre season. He was getting the ball and getting snaps. He was on his way to making the team.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
You're right I missed that somehow. By training camp he'll be fine, as unfortunately I've been through that twice; once playing football, the other playing basketball.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Sorry but two years in a row of dropsies in traffic, it's kind of hard to keep the faith.
If Higbee came in as a rookie third tight end and had a couple of on the field mentors, I would agree.

He didn't though.

He has not had the ideal development process when you consider that Fisher/Boras didn't know how to use or develop a tight end to an offense where the tight ends are primary receivers.

He has not had the ideal development environment you would expect/want/need.

I see all 3 of our tight ends being used much more extensively as a offensive scheme changeup.
If for no other reason than the wide receivers were used so extensively last year.

It could be a huge addition to our arsenal when you consider Gurley can catch out of the backfield as well.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
How did he have chances totaling 103.09% ? I thought sports books were heavy on the math?

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
If Higbee came in as a rookie third tight end and had a couple of on the field mentors, I would agree.

He didn't though.

He has not had the ideal development process when you consider that Fisher/Boras didn't know how to use or develop a tight end to an offense where the tight ends are primary receivers.

He has not had the ideal development environment you would expect/want/need.

I see all 3 of our tight ends being used much more extensively as a offensive scheme changeup.
If for no other reason than the wide receivers were used so extensively last year.

It could be a huge addition to our arsenal when you consider Gurley can catch out of the backfield as well.
I'm sorry, but catching the football is not a developmental thing. Route running blocking and blocking schemes, now that is developmental, but not catching the ball in traffic is good old fashion fear, fear of getting hit while you're trying to catch the ball. Now don't get me wrong, I like Higbee, especially how he became a very good blocker in the latter part of the season, and how he catches the ball when he's open, but down around the goal line you have to be able to catch the ball in traffic, or you can't be used at all down there as a TE, where a good catching HE is needed most.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Now that Hemingway knows what it is like to have and have not he understands for whom the bell tolls.

This season could be a moveable feast for Hemingway provided there is no farewell to arms.

Like Goff, Hemingway understands that the sun also rises and he will be like an island in the stream and declare himself the undefeated.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I'm sorry, but catching the football is not a developmental thing.
I'm sorry but I totally disagree.

Once the offense becomes a second nature aspect for a player rather than learning a new offense every year, that player can concentrate better and will drop less passes.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I'm sorry, but catching the football is not a developmental thing. Route running blocking and blocking schemes, now that is developmental, but not catching the ball in traffic is good old fashion fear, fear of getting hit while you're trying to catch the ball. Now don't get me wrong, I like Higbee, especially how he became a very good blocker in the latter part of the season, and how he catches the ball when he's open, but down around the goal line you have to be able to catch the ball in traffic, or you can't be used at all down there as a TE, where a good catching HE is needed most.
Fear can be overcome, so one could develop that to be better.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
The extra 3.09% accounts for the sports books' winnings. Got it.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I'm sorry but I totally disagree.

Once the offense becomes a second nature aspect for a player rather than learning a new offense every year, that player can concentrate better and will drop less passes.
I hope you're right, but that is not generally the case. I could understand if it was something he did whether or not he was in traffic, but that just isn't the case, he's hearing foot steps. Remember this was the same reputation he had in college, which is why the Rams were able to draft him so late.

Again I hope you're right, but I'm just not planning on it.