TE Temarrick Hemingway Looking to Make An Impact

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I think that Hemingway is going to open some eyes this season.

I agree, I foresee him having 2-4 catches a week. With one of those catches being a keep drive moving play

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...t-of-every-nfl-teams-offseason-so-far#slide18

The Biggest Standout of Every NFL Team's Offseason so Far
BRAD GAGNON

Los Angeles Rams: TE Gerald Everett

53dff9c4b6107ac7f236aa5eb9d0928c_crop_exact.jpg

Chris Carlson/Associated Press

Dispatches from Myles Simmons of the team's official website indicated the Los Angeles Rams have been rolling on offense throughout OTAs, and it sounds as though second-year tight end Gerald Everett is a big part of that.

The second-round pick caught only 16 passes while backing up Tyler Higbee last season, but a strong run could help him leapfrog Higbee on the depth chart.

"Gerald Everett's been one of the guys that's stood out really throughout the offseason program so far in terms of getting better," Rams head coach Sean McVay said, per Cameron DaSilva of Rams Wire. "You see the overall athleticism; he's getting better with the attention to detail."

As Kristen Lago of the team's official website pointed out, Everett is more confident this offseason.

"I don't have to think as much," he said. "Last year, I was spinning to say the least. But now that I can finally relax and just compete, it feels pretty good."

Everett vs. Higbee will be fun to watch in July and August.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Gerald Everett;

"I don't have to think as much," he said. "Last year, I was spinning to say the least.
But now that I can finally relax and just compete, it feels pretty good."

This will be true for all three of our very young tight ends, in my opinion.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Everett looks like a wide receiver/tight end tweener.

But at 6-3/245 lbs. is built like a linebacker.

Good luck to the cornerbacks and safeties trying to bring him down at full stride. :D

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
Now that Hemingway knows what it is like to have and have not he understands for whom the bell tolls.

This season could be a moveable feast for Hemingway provided there is no farewell to arms.

Like Goff, Hemingway understands that the sun also rises and he will be like an island in the stream and declare himself the undefeated.

This is the most epic thing I have read all week.

Cheers, hombre.

HellRam

Starter
Everett looks like a wide receiver/tight end tweener.

But at 6-3/245 lbs. is built like a linebacker.

Good luck to the cornerbacks and safeties trying to bring him down at full stride. :D

He definitely has that hybird look to him. Last year he kinda looked like a overgrown RB to me. Athletically that is, and he's got some shifty moves.

I'm excited to see what Everett does. I usually have tempered expectations for younger players but I like what I've seen from Gerald.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Everett sort of reminded me of a Fisher pick in that he came from a small program and was a workout wonder similar to a Brian Quick.
The biggest difference between the two second round draft picks?

Evaluation and coaching.
I think Fisher did a bad knee jerk/desperation evaluation on Brian Quick.

Brian Quick did not have the coaching to properly develop his talents.
Everett had to have had the approval of McVay.

Everett definitely will be developed properly.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Everett's body of plays look similar to Anquan Boldin. He's difficult to bring down and he's shifty.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Everett sort of reminded me of a Fisher pick in that he came from a small program and was a workout wonder similar to a Brian Quick.
The biggest difference between the two second round draft picks?

Evaluation and coaching.
I think Fisher did a bad knee jerk/desperation evaluation on Brian Quick.

Brian Quick did not have the coaching to properly develop his talents.
Everett had to have had the approval of McVay.

Everett definitely will be developed properly.
I saw a lot of good qualities in Quick but still think we reached on that pick. Better offensive coaching could have possibly made a big difference but he is one in a long line of players that never quite matched up to expectations. I think the shoulder injury also was a huge obstacle to him reaching his potential. It's really hard to say if he would have made it with this team. McVay seems to value execution above all else and he very well could have been a casualty regardless.

As far as Everett goes, he looks to have a great opportunity to take his skills to the next level. Let's all hope he does because if he doesn't, I think this regime will have a short fuse for athletic abilities over execution.