Super Bowl Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Our coach and entire offense fell flat on their face in the biggest game of their lives. Who's fault is that??

McVay got his crap pushed in by Belichick today..and Goff had his opportunities to step up and lead the franchise to a SB win, and he played like garbage.

No way around it, Goff isnt an elite competitor. You dont go out like a straight bitch if you are..you make plays and get beat. We handed them this win, they didnt take it.

Boy genius got embarrassed to the highest level.

Get the fuck out of here. Seriously

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Another vent. Blythe was very, very poor tonight. I was very upset we let Jamon Brown, as were many others, as offensive line depth is so so so so important. I was more so thinking about injuries, but even with Blythe being healthy, it sure would have been nice to try another option tonight at guard when he was struggling...

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Vent thread.

Are we really going to have a new fucking thread for venting?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our coach and entire offense fell flat on their face in the biggest game of their lives. Who's fault is that??

McVay got his crap pushed in by Belichick today..and Goff had his opportunities to step up and lead the franchise to a SB win, and he played like garbage.

No way around it, Goff isnt an elite competitor. You dont go out like a straight bitch if you are..you make plays and get beat. We handed them this win, they didnt take it.

Boy genius got embarrassed to the highest level.

By god, man, this is a lot of crazy. Do you remember when Peyton Manning and the Broncos lost 43-8 to the Seahawks in the Super Bowl? Was Peyton Manning not an elite competitor? Sometimes, the other team is simply fucking better that day.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Great pass followed by the worst one all year . You can't throw it up for grabs to a 5'10" receiver against an all pro .
Game over
He defineitly should have put more on the ball.

Goff got his ass kicked tonight and he rushed a lot of throws.
That was one of them

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
I’m devastated. I was at the game. It was a home game for the Cheatriots. We just never got it going. I do believe though, trying to be optimistic, that this is a great learning experience for our very young team. I just resent the arrogance Pats fans have that gets justified from an overall poor performance from both sides offensively. I missed it but apparently there was PI on Cooks on the TD drop? Cooks dropping those passes were brutal. Also, there’s no way Gurley wasn’t hurt the entire playoffs.

On that third and 2, I forget what quarter, we elect to pass. Why? Why get “creative”? Just run it down their damn throats! My god! It was frustrating to say the least. The Super Bowl was an incredible day experience but I’m truly truly upset about this. I don’t know if I can even watch highlights. The only thing I got right now are you guys quite frankly. Let’s learn and grow. Outside of this game it was truly a magical season.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Another vent. Blythe was very, very poor tonight. I was very upset we let Jamon Brown, as were many others, as offensive line depth is so so so so important. I was more so thinking about injuries, but even with Blythe being healthy, it sure would have been nice to try another option tonight at guard when he was struggling...

I’m still puzzled by letting Jamon go.

Psycho_X

Legend
Great pass followed by the worst one all year . You can't throw it up for grabs to a 5'10" receiver against an all pro .
Game over

This is true. All though I felt that was an awful play call. Going the same place with the ball as the last time? Really? I was begging all game for a screen to Gurley and that would have been a great time to pull one off. sigh.

TexasRam

Legend
not gonna complain because we had a hell of a year.

But this was a game where we needed Cooper Kupp. A guy who can break ankles and catch the TD passes.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
While we are venting....

McVay was completely out coached. Even if Gurley was hurt, CJ is a capable back with big game / super bowl pedigree. Use him. Why so many passes vs. runs? Why no runs to the outside to keep their vertical defense honest, which was combatting our horizontal pre-snap motion to great effect? True, Anderson might not be the best outside runner. But if Gurley was hurt, why not run Cooks on a jet sweep or something? I counted two outside runs all night - one to Gurley and a jet sweep to Woods. Both were successful. Why not try other or similar plays? Why so many play action passes when the run game wasn't even working and it was clear that the Pats were getting pressure... long developing plays were not the answer.

Goff was not nearly good enough. The pass protection was even worse.

If Gurley was fully healthy, McVay has committed an almost fireable offense for being so pass happy yet again and refusing to use him. On his limited carries, Gurley looked dangerous. But for a weak holding call it briefly seemed like the Rams were going to get right back into the football game on the back of TGIII. As good as McVay is, I fear his few flaws might be severe and fatal.

Stuff in BOLD is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.