Super Bowl Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasRam

Legend
Cools dropped two TD passes.

BS call on holding when the Rams were taking control of the game.

Billecheck should have been banned after spy gate or deflate gate. take your pick.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
CATCH THE freaking TD PASS TO TIE THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh. The DB was holding Cook's left arm down. Not easy to catch with one arm while running that fast.

Last edited:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
No venting...However; people were questioning Wade Phillips. He kept them to 13. Our O failed us... It is what it is.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Gutted. But I will wait to find out Gurley's health status before forming any opinions about this season. The offense truly does run through him. If he was seriously injured, I can't honestly say this team is Super Bowl calibre, especially with Cooper Kupp sidelined.

Ellard80

Legend
Wade Phillips and Marcus Peters showed up today... not sure about who else did... but those two did.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Dude that mentality is why we lost, we were not ready to win this game.
Sure we were. The defense played lights out, and we were one missed catch from tying the game late in the 4th. They absolutely were ready to win this game. But hey, we lost. Someone had to, and odds were it wasn't gonna be the team that has been to 9 of these games. The team that's 3 years removed from being 46-113 the previous 10 years before McVay arrived gave a hell of an effort, but it just wasn't enough.

This time.

Cory

UDFA
Im more numb than sad.

Happy with the defense but man, can Goff see the middle of the field? That will be his next step in progressing as a QB. If he doesn't learn to handle the pressure better and see the field more, I think a lot of people will turn on him.

GhostTide

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sad but not defeated, this was an amazing year with so many happy memories. I'm really glad I found this board too it's been a blast. I'm really proud of how far this team has come in just 2 years and can't wait to see what next year brings. Horns up Ramily
I agree. But the only way to improve on this past season is to actually win the SB. So it's going to be very hard to top this season. Very tough task.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mahomes and Reid put 31 second half points on this so called 85 Bears defense . No excuse for 3 points in 60 minutes
Every drive looked the same

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
No real vent here. Bummed for sure, but not angry.

We just did not adapt on offense today. Their defense had answers for everything, we did not have answers for what they were doing for most of the game. That being said, I'm convinced there is more to the story with Gurley, and not having your best offensive weapon at full strength or at least good strength certainly affected what we could do. Would have also been great to have Kupp in this game. Mostly, we just got outcoached, and while I am disappointed, I know McVay is the type that will really dig into what happened and figure out how to counter it eventually. It just wasn't done tonight, unfortunately.

Defensively, I'm pretty damn proud of their effort. They played good enough to win. They just held the Patriots to 13 points in a Super Bowl, and did it on a day when they were getting little help from the offense. Nobody who watched that game can credibly blame our defense for this loss, even with some of the plays toward the end. They made things very uncomfortable for Brady much of the game and forced him into a number of bad throws. And to single one guy out, I thought Marcus Peters played a pretty damn good game. He looked like the guy we traded for last offseason.

Hopefully they can keep enough of their nucleus together to make another run next year. I do expect some turnover on the defense, which concerns me a little given how well they have played in this postseason. But some changes might need to be made nevertheless. If we can field a solid OL, we will have a talented offense again, getting Kupp back but with the benefit of other guys having gained a lot of valuable reps.

Overall, I'm still very happy with the way this season played out, undesired ending aside. Two years ago we were 4-12 and in the last year of The Great Suck. But the Rams are 24-8 in regular season since 2017, 2-2 in post season and have a Super Bowl appearance. And a lot of the guys that got them there are still on the ascending side of their respective careers, many under contract for several more. So despite the loss today, I'm still looking at the glass as half full - hell, well more than half.

GhostTide

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No venting...However; people were questioning Wade Phillips. He kept them to 13. Our O failed us... It is what it is.
Wow. Just thinking about that. 13. Our defense held them to 13 points. If I'd had known that before the game I'd say we win easily. Just wow.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
“I know there’s been a lot of concern about my knee, but I’m fine” -Todd Gurley after the game.

If that’s true......McVay has some explaining to do.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Gut punch. We won’t see a Super Bowl every year, but I think this is a beneficial crucible, giving the Rams a lot to learn from. We still have a bright future.

Now let’s all take whatever medicine we need and be thankful for a good season, and all these great people in this forum. Fuck it and put it behind us.

Bright future, and a great Ramily.

Now drink up/smoke out. No more sniveling.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Im more numb than sad.

Happy with the defense but man, can Goff see the middle of the field? That will be his next step in progressing as a QB. If he doesn't learn to handle the pressure better and see the field more, I think a lot of people will turn on him.
Brady, the GOAtt sucked tonight. But he always had an outet in Edleman. Who did Goff have?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
O Line couldn't block.
Cooks dropped 2.
McVay didn't have nuts to call 3 runs in a row.
Can't see a Superbowl win with this formula!

GhostTide

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mahomes and Reid put 31 second half points on this so called 85 Bears defense . No excuse for 3 points in 60 minutes
Every drive looked the same
Right. Chargers put up 28. Chiefs 31. Rams (best offense in the league) 3. No excuses whatsoever for the team led by the offensive genius McVay.

Status
Not open for further replies.