Super Bowl Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
The O looked like a salute to the Fisher era.
Rams had a chance to win the game until the Goff interception, late in the game. He will learn from it.
13-3 won the division
2-0 in playoffs won the NFC Championship.
McVay was out coached on the biggest stage. He will learn from it.
Future looks very, very bright

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is the kind of loss that makes a team come back hungrier, stronger and better for it.
Rams will be back.
With a vengeance

Tano

Legend
Missing open guys? Please do share. I saw the Pats covering up everything and the WR's dropping a few of the passes they got when they finally got a step open.
Sorry I should probably state it better.

He was throwing to covered guys quite often when there was a wide open person underneath.

One - the throw deep down the left side, he had a wide open Woods crossing the middle that would have gone to the 20 yard line easy.

Two - the interception. He had a wide open guy crossing to the right side that would have gained easily 10 yards. I will admit that blitz messed him up but he should have looked short instead of deep on that play. Sometimes he goes deep more often than he should.

Three - he was late on a throw to a wide open Cooks in the end zone

There are quite a few more plays where I was telling my wife - he threw to the wrong guy. (I will have to rewatch the offense on the all 22 to state those plays.)

I can see that happening on a couple plays a game where you missed a wide open player but he had way too many during the game.

He succombed to the pressure and wasn't seeing the field as well as he usually does.

I think he does a much better job of that with more experience. I still see good things with Goff in the future.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I've done my morning of mourning

I'm ready to move on

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Sorry I should probably state it better.

He was throwing to covered guys quite often when there was a wide open person underneath.

One - the throw deep down the left side, he had a wide open Woods crossing the middle that would have gone to the 20 yard line easy.

Two - the interception. He had a wide open guy crossing to the right side that would have gained easily 10 yards. I will admit that blitz messed him up but he should have looked short instead of deep on that play. Sometimes he goes deep more often than he should.

Three - he was late on a throw to a wide open Cooks in the end zone

There are quite a few more plays where I was telling my wife - he threw to the wrong guy. (I will have to rewatch the offense on the all 22 to state those plays.)

I can see that happening on a couple plays a game where you missed a wide open player but he had way too many during the game.

He succombed to the pressure and wasn't seeing the field as well as he usually does.

I think he does a much better job of that with more experience. I still see good things with Goff in the future.

We had endzone seats and this is spot on.

Jared seemed very fixed on covered receivers while others were wide open. Brady found his open receivers where Jared didn’t seem to be looking.

Jared floated the pass to Cooks as wide open as any receiver had been during game.

Looking up at the stats on the score board at the half was startling how bad the Rams were performing. 12-2 in first downs. And yet tied at 3.

The future is very bright as much as today it’s difficult to see thru this fog.

Great season!

GO RAMS!

fearsomefour

Legend
I saw very few errant throws if that what he meant by missing open guys. I did see a few times where Goff didn't see and throw to the open guy if that is what was meant by missing open guys. Reynolds for example was wide open on the deep in later in the game and Goff didn't see him throwing Deep to Cooks I believe who stopped his route. But those type of plays we could point out with any QB in any game. The first few reads I think Goff was seeing pretty well, but the defense did a lot of confusing things both with pressures and changing up their man scheme to zone at just the right time specifically just before the snap so Goff couldn't decifer what they were doing.

Overall in my book Goff had a solid game vs a Championship defense and mastermind scheme. He played smart without forcing the turnover and gave us at the end with some nice throws, unfortunately his WRs couldn't hold on to the winning TD's.
Goff was terrible.
The pass were Cooks was standing by himself after running uncovered down the seam for 40 yards is a prime example. Goff didn't see him and when he did (very late) he threw a dead dead wobbler that gave the DB time to come knock it away. That is a TD all day long. A blown coverage free be. On the roll out....the first time the Rams picked up a first down or two....Goff rolls to his right and has nearly 5 seconds to throw the ball away and take a sack anyway. Giving up 15 yards of field position for no reason. That is rookie level play. Hell a kid in high school would get reamed for this.
A lot didn't work on Sunday. Plenty of blame to go around. I've supported Goff and still do.
But he has a lot of growing to do. He locks onto receivers and doesn't come off of them.
The Pats took away the run....McVay helped in this. Then they took away McVay chatting to Goff in the helmet by having the Rams break the huddle late.
So, McVay was out classed on Sunday.
This doesn't mean anything long term.
But, he for sure has tendencies in his offense.
I would expect to see a lot of 5 man fronts next year until the Rams can beat it.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Thanks for all the fun this year, I'll see you guys in April or August, right now it hurts like hell and I need to step away and focus on other things that bring me joy

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
What is funny after this loss is all season the narrative that defense was dead and most especially ours should be put to death. Then we get the lowest scoring SB in memory because two defenses played very good games.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thanks for all the fun this year, I'll see you guys in April or August, right now it hurts like hell and I need to step away and focus on other things that bring me joy

Always good to take a break when you need it.

Hopefully you return quicker than that. I’m in a fog right now, but... give me a few days and I’ll start thinking of the combine.

nighttrain

Legend
What is funny after this loss is all season the narrative that defense was dead and most especially ours should be put to death. Then we get the lowest scoring SB in memory because two defenses played very good games.
not just good, absolutely great...
train

TXRams86

The Infamous
Alright so it’s the morning after and I’m pretty “whatever” about the loss now. Hats off to the Pats (...cringe), they had our number and we were thoroughly outcoached.

The Rams homer in me says we should be back here soon but the realist in my says we probably missed a golden opportunity to start building our dynasty. I hope McVay and Goff learn from this and not obsess about the loss. They both took it VERY hard, I’ve never seen them so defeated.

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
It was frustrating but it sure is nice that preseason starts in a mere ~7 months and we're just now switching gears to 2019 vs talking about the draft and everything else since late October.

Hopefully McVay doesn't press in 2019 like Martz did in 2002.

RamWoodie

Legend
Tell you what folks...I appreciate how Mcvay just stated the facts because they were true...he was out coached.

He took responsibility...and he's partly responsible for Goff's performance too.

It's easy to see in McVay's system he needs to have generic adjustments that his QB can go to like hot reads, sight adjustments because right now...he has Goff depending on him to get the play in. I have no doubt that Goff sees things he that tell him a play wont work...but it seems he has no way to totally change the play based on what he sees.

Having said that...Goff also accepted responsibility for his play. He needs to spend the off season looking at this game because he went against the master in Bellicheat.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
not just good, absolutely great...
train
The defense played it's guts out. Very proud of them.

McVay got outcoached by probably the greatest NFL head coach in history. No shame in that.

What would be a shame is if he doesn't learn from that and improve.

Experience counts... a lot. If I drive into a town that I've never been to before, there's all kinds of things that can cause me problems. If I've been there before, I have a much better feel for what I can do and what to avoid.

My hope is that he learns from this... that all the players learn from this so that next time (and, yes, there will be a next time) they'll know that town they didn't know before and can get the most out of it.

McVay and the players will go through that game hundreds of times in the days ahead.

They know more know... experience counts!

Onto next year!! Go Rams!!

Status
Not open for further replies.