Super Bowl LIII: Patriots / Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right now I'd say Goff is not worth a cap-hogging contract. Not close.
He is 24 just played the biggest game of his life we would t even have hit here if it wasn’t for him .. say what you want about the pats .. they are the best team And prove it year after year with the greatest coach to ever grace the game we got beat .. they beat a lot of teams in this game every year

Zodi

Hall of Fame
And if they don’t call a bs hold on Sullivan, Rams are 1st and 10 at the Pats 40

Not gonna play this game, especially after the NFC championship. Our offensive players and coaches didn't execute when needed. It falls on them. Nobody else.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
I think we win if we still had Kupp, who is our Edleman. But we don't......

GhostTide

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It just sucks. All those miserable years I never felt this bad. As the LA Rams we are 0-2 in the SB. To have to wait so long for so few opportunities just to have the offense not show up is extremely depressing.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Proud of a defense I often maligned this year.

Just don't know what to say aout the offense.

Haven't seen such an inept playoff performance by a Rams team since Dieter Brock and the 85 Rams offense got all beat to shit and shut out in that year's NFC title game.

mst1981

Rookie
Great post in a very cancerous thread.

Exactly. It hurts but I'd rather lose in a superbowl than be an also ran. It's been an exciting season and it's so easy to lose sight of how bad this team was just a couple of seasons ago.

DrRage46

Rookie
Name
DrRage46
Goff can't perform facing pressure, that is a fact. His accuracy goes to crap and he cant read defenses. How are we supposed to win the big game with this type of QB play?

The media criticism Goff takes is well warrented IMO. Hes not an elite competitor and I was hoping for that much at least.
I agree he looked way to laid back and had no energy about this game.

GhostTide

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I worded that weird... the entire o-line to the right of Whitworth was awful tonight. But you're right, Havenstein and Blythe were particularly bad.
They were pretty bad and they are the most experienced OL in football. Now I assume we will have to replace several of them next year. That's why there are no guarantees we will get back to the SB next year.

fearsomefour

Legend
I know Goff didn't have a good game, but Romo trashed from the beginning. First he said he shouldn't pass at all at first unless its just short passes, then said "he's coming back out" like he thought he should be benched, then "Goff is cut" after the other announcer said he had a cut on his hand. I didn't know Romo hated Goff but apparently he does.
Doesn't hate him.
He played badly.
He didn't see things and left big plays on the field.
The Rams couldn't over come a couple of things tonight and one of the things was Goffs play.

fearsomefour

Legend
They were pretty bad and they are the most experienced OL in football. Now I assume we will have to replace several of them next year. That's why there are no guarantees we will get back to the SB next year.
C maybe.
I assume Whitworth will be back.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Two words people .. Jeff Fisher .. anyone want to give him his job back ? Yeah didn’t think so

Antonius

Pro Bowler
He is 24 just played the biggest game of his life we would t even have hit here if it wasn’t for him .. say what you want about the pats .. they are the best team And prove it year after year with the greatest coach to ever grace the game we got beat .. they beat a lot of teams in this game every year

You're right. But right now, to me, Goff's legacy is throwing a pick to end the Super Bowl. We'll see what the future holds!

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This game was 100% on Goff. Yes he was pressured, but only a few of those were immediate. Several hits he took were from him holding the ball too long.

And he missed way too many wide open WRs so we can't blame it on Kupp being out.

WRs were open, RBs ran well, OL blocked okay, defense played out of their minds. And hard to blame McVay when there were so many open WRs.

I'm confident that Goff can improve, but we need a better backup anyway.

Bring all this D back if we can. Will need a few OL, QB, and CB depth. Fill any defensive departures in FA.

GhostTide

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did you watch the NFC championship by any chance? Jesus christ.
Saints aren't the Cheatriots and not the SB. And so where was Goff today? 3 points? Really? He was as bad as it gets. Wide open receivers running around and he can't see them.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we win if we still had Kupp, who is our Edleman. But we don't......
Love Kupp, but we don't have that dominate TALL #1 WR....I wonder if an Antonio Brown would have done it?

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're right. But right now, to me, Goff's legacy is throwing a pick to end the Super Bowl. We'll see what the future holds!
Yeah that’s the thing ... a bird in the hand is worth two in a bush .. I ain’t shitting on them .. they feel twice as bad as us

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It's not just that - this was an absolutely horrific game from Goff.