Super Bowl LIII: Patriots / Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GhostTide

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Your worried about his legacy after three freaking years .. how many did years did it take Tom terrific to win his first ? He has gone from bust to leading the one of the top offenses in the to the playoffs to the Super Bowl in three freaking years
Brady won in his first season as starter. How can you forget? Rams were the loser in that one as well.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
I don't care if Goff was late. The ball landed in both of his hands. This is the freaking Super Bowl. You pull it down.

I know everyone’s frustrated but the way he was hit, it’s almost impossible to pull that down when you’re holding it with two hands and someone forcibly separates your arms. You should care that Goff was late, because we wouldn’t be having this conversation

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brady won in his first season as starter. How can you forget? Rams were the loser in that one as well.
She how old was he .. how long did he sit behind Bledsoe .. I wasn’t following football back then

GhostTide

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He also threw two touchdowns that were dropped.

Like I said, it's just lazy to blame it on Goff.
First one was too late and too soft of a throw. Cooks had to stand and wait while the DB ran over. Second one was on Cooks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know everyone’s frustrated but the way he was hit, it’s almost impossible to pull that down when you’re holding it with two hands and someone forcibly separates your arms. You should care that Goff was late, because we wouldn’t be having this conversation

We also wouldn't be having this conversation if our #1 WR made #1 WR plays. He had the ball in his hands. This is the Super Bowl. Sometimes, you have to make superhuman plays. Cooks had two chances tonight and let both slip through his grasp. Either one changes the game.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They were pretty bad and they are the most experienced OL in football. Now I assume we will have to replace several of them next year. That's why there are no guarantees we will get back to the SB next year.

Goff made them look much worse than they really were. They didn't play their best game, but not their worst either.

GhostTide

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
She how old was he .. how long did he sit behind Bledsoe .. I wasn’t following football back then
He sat behind Bledsoe for 1 season. Became starter his second year.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
We also wouldn't be having this conversation if our #1 WR made #1 WR plays. He had the ball in his hands. This is the Super Bowl. Sometimes, you have to make superhuman plays. Cooks had two chances tonight and let both slip through his grasp. Either one changes the game.

The second was bad, just a straight up drop unfortunately, wish we had one of those superhuman WR’s

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This game was 100% on Goff. Yes he was pressured, but only a few of those were immediate. Several hits he took were from him holding the ball too long.

And he missed way too many wide open WRs so we can't blame it on Kupp being out.

WRs were open, RBs ran well, OL blocked okay, defense played out of their minds. And hard to blame McVay when there were so many open WRs.

I'm confident that Goff can improve, but we need a better backup anyway.

Bring all this D back if we can. Will need a few OL, QB, and CB depth. Fill any defensive departures in FA.

This game wasn't 100% on anyone. The defense is the only unit that gets to avoid blame. The entire offense stunk. Robert Woods is the only guy who showed out imo.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not gonna play this game, especially after the NFC championship. Our offensive players and coaches didn't execute when needed. It falls on them. Nobody else.
Huh?
Not playing any game.
That happened. And as much as people wanna have a pity party, the Rams were right there after getting their azz kicked all game.
Gronk makes the big catch that cooks doesn’t.

Poppinfresh

Rookie
He also threw two touchdowns that were dropped.

Like I said, it's just lazy to blame it on Goff.

There are 3 culprits:

1) Goff
2) McVay
3) Blythe

That's it. Yes, Goff had ONE good throw that should have been a score (though there also should have been a PI flag, but...well, it's the Patriots), but he was consistently terrible all game. Yes, people were in his face after 2 seconds all night (see culprit number 3), but if you take a look at the replays from a birds eye perspective...there was almost ALWAYS someone open that he missed. The tight ends, especially. And for his one good throw, he had at least a dozen that were absolutely terrible.

Ever since Kupp went down, he's looked like a different quarterback. And, given how he seems to want to funnel the entire offense through Reynolds now, even though Reynolds is the worst receiver on the field most of the time, it signifies he's got a problem with tunnel vision.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Huh?
Not playing any game.
That happened. And as much as people wanna have a pity party, the Rams were right there after getting their azz kicked all game.
Gronk makes the big catch that cooks doesn’t.

Yep. I'm happy we made it. We'll be back. At the end of the day, our offensive guys failed to make the tough plays. There's did.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff was not good tonight but it is ridiculous to put it all on him.

Cook dropped a TD pass.
Reynolds dropped a beautiful back shoulder inside the 20
The Oline was awfull is pass protect
There was no run game thanks to McVay not pressing it.

Yes Goff was bad. Now riddle me this. Who was good on offense?

Woods, Whitworth, Reynolds, Cooks, and Blythe/Saffold/Hav were average.

Reynolds didn't drop anything...he was open and the throw was behind him. Defender knocked it away. Cooks did drop the TD but he still had a good game overall.

Everyone played at least winning football on offense and defense except for Goff

And that's fine - but we will need him to be better.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
There are 3 culprits:

1) Goff
2) McVay
3) Blythe

That's it. Yes, Goff had ONE good throw that should have been a score (though there also should have been a PI flag, but...well, it's the Patriots), but he was consistently terrible all game. Yes, people were in his face after 2 seconds all night (see culprit number 3), but if you take a look at the replays from a birds eye perspective...there was almost ALWAYS someone open that he missed. The tight ends, especially. And for his one good throw, he had at least a dozen that were absolutely terrible.

Ever since Kupp went down, he's looked like a different quarterback. And, given how he seems to want to funnel the entire offense through Reynolds now, even though Reynolds is the worst receiver on the field most of the time, it signifies he's got a problem with tunnel vision.

Got to ask. Where do you come up with players open all night. Were you at the game? Because what you claim was no shown on the telecast.

GhostTide

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tough being a Rams fan for 40 years. First SB we lost to the Steeler dynasty after leading through 3 quarters. Then the frustrating 80's where we usually got invited to the party, but couldn't take the next step. When we actually had decent teams, we ran into a all-time great defensive team (85 Bears). Then you think 89 might be the year and we get destroyed by the Forty Whiners in the NFC title game. Then we disappear for years and the team moves. We finally get the team back and make a SB only to have the offense not show up. So frustrating for us old Rams fans...

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Huh?
Not playing any game.

What'd everyone say after the NFC championship game? Something along the lines of "one call doesn't lose a game" or "don't leave it in the hands of the refs" or whatever? The last fanbase in the NFL that can bitch about bad calls is us right now, imo.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This game wasn't 100% on anyone. The defense is the only unit that gets to avoid blame. The entire offense stunk. Robert Woods is the only guy who showed out imo.

Goff played worse than anyone else though. I think Reynolds played well, and Cooks too considering he had Gilmore most of the game. OL played what I would consider to be average - I would wager that our DL was winning quicker than theirs, but Brady gets it out quicker than Goff.

Too many missed WRs the past few games from Goff. I'm not ragging on the guy - but swap him out with a number of QBs tonight and we win this game. He's young and will improve - and he needs to.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Woods, Whitworth, Reynolds, Cooks, and Blythe/Saffold/Hav were average.

Reynolds didn't drop anything...he was open and the throw was behind him. Defender knocked it away. Cooks did drop the TD but he still had a good game overall.

Everyone played at least winning football on offense and defense except for Goff

And that's fine - but we will need him to be better.
Reynolds had a perfect back shoulder throw to him. Straight drop.

Cooks dropped a sure TD. You cant expect a QB to make all throws and then excuse a WR.
The OLINE was awful on pass protect. Cant even see how that is an arguement. How do you call that winning football?

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
What'd everyone say after the NFC championship game? Something along the lines of "one call doesn't lose a game" or "don't leave it in the hands of the refs" or whatever? The last fanbase in the NFL that can bitch about bad calls is us right now, imo.

Yeah, completely agreed...We can't bitch about the Refs.. Lose with honor

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Did the TEs catch a ball all night? Heck, outside the one target to Everett I didn't see them involved at all. This is unacceptable in a game where our young QB needs large reliable targets in easy windows.
I recall Martz also refused to incorporate the TE position in the game plan much and it cost us dearly also.

Sean McVay needs to own up to this serious issue........

~ArkyRamsFan~