Stl Should Embrace La History, Not Fight It

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Really, you all should be bowing to the supremacy of Florida Rams Fans.

Recognize.

CMON MAN!! when you live in the hell that is the bastion of the evil empire that is when you are a true fan!!! I suffered enough in the Bay area during that stretch of 17 straight loses to the 9 ers. Then those forks in the NFL offices move the hawks to the NFC west after and I live there now!!! That is enough suffering for anyone's lifetime but I still REPRESENT!!!

I even get called out in church for wearing my rams jerseys on Sundays!! Now THAT is fanatical!!!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
CMON MAN!! when you live in the hell that is the bastion of the evil empire that is when you are a true fan!!! I suffered enough in the Bay area during that stretch of 17 straight loses to the 9 ers. Then those forks in the NFL offices move the hawks to the NFC west after and I live there now!!! That is enough suffering for anyone's lifetime but I still REPRESENT!!!

I even get called out in church for wearing my rams jerseys on Sundays!! Now THAT is fanatical!!!!!
Ha! Too cool. Hey man - if the timing of the game up in Seattle works out, interested in meeting a few of us NW Ram fans for the game? I'm going to go to two games depending on timing. The Tampon game and the shecocks game. It'd be fun to have a Ramsondemand get together at both of them.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Ha! Too cool. Hey man - if the timing of the game up in Seattle works out, interested in meeting a few of us NW Ram fans for the game? I'm going to go to two games depending on timing. The Tampon game and the shecocks game. It'd be fun to have a Ramsondemand get together at both of them.
Sure sounds like fun! The last one I went to here was the 4thQ come back win. Those hawks fans were laughing it up for a while but in the end it was pretty quiet (For them) coming out of there!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sure sounds like fun! The last one I went to here was the 4thQ come back win. Those hawks fans were laughing it up for a while but in the end it was pretty quiet (For them) coming out of there!!
You talking 2004? My dad flew up from CA and we went to that game. Sure were a bunch of obnoxious fucks around us until 5 minutes left in the game.:heh:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
You talking 2004? My dad flew up from CA and we went to that game. Sure were a bunch of obnoxious fucks around us until 5 minutes left in the game.:heh:
Yeah I rode the train from Edmonds with a friend who lives in Kingston. His sister got us the Precor tickets in the club section. It was awesome being surrounded by all those faithful fans for the first 50 minutes yukking it up. Then on the way out there were Rams fans everywhere chest bumping and high 5-ing. The train was quiet except for me snickering every once in a while, I couldn't help it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
RamsVsSeachickens'04B.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I HAD to keep THAT ticket. I've been to many Rams games. That and when we played the OJ Simpson Bills were probably my most memorable.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

We're haters because we don't tolerate the nagging of the "Rams back in LA" crowd.

I love former greats like Dickerson and Youngblood. Those guys were awesome. But "embracing" means being totally OK with people saying the Rams are leaving STL for LA, my answer is NO. Not happening. It's bologna, anyway. It has no merit to it besides a small group of LA fans still like them and don't troll any other former LA team. No I'm not OK with that at all.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
We're haters because we don't tolerate the nagging of the "Rams back in LA" crowd.

I love former greats like Dickerson and Youngblood. Those guys were awesome. But "embracing" means being totally OK with people saying the Rams are leaving STL for LA, my answer is NO. Not happening. It's bologna, anyway. It has no merit to it besides a small group of LA fans still like them and don't troll any other former LA team. No I'm not OK with that at all.

Bashing LA as a city is not right. Who really gives a shit what other people think/say? everyone is entitled to there opinion and if others don't agree with others then be the bigger person and move on. This whole LA fans vs STL fans of the same team is absurd, we are all rooting for the same team here people.

In the end you have no say so if Stan wants to re-locate and nor do they the "Rams back to LA" people so fighting about something that is out of your control is just stupid.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

(Sorry guys... had to bump it because I just saw this.)

That came from BR, of who I don't care for. If he said it then he contradicts himself in another peice. I can't post links from my phone but if you Google

"Bernie Bytes: Dickerson Rips LA Market" then you'll have my opinion on LA as well as Dickerson's. :wink:

(This comes from 2 credible sources via TMZ and STLtoday... not BR.)

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I usually try to stay out of this shit, but I guess I won't on this one. St. Louis does embrace L.A. Ram history. They honor L.A. Rams and the teams history in L.A. all the time. Everyone cheers. It's just hard for some people to relate to it's history, because it was in a COMPLETELY FUCKING DIFFERENT CITY! I don't know of anyone that dislikes any Ram fan in St. Louis too, unless they think we don't deserve the team or is hostile about this dumb shit.

Btw, not that I don't agree with the general premise of the article (by the way it's written though, I'm not really sure wtf that is...) but this article is fucking dumb. I'm sorry it just is. Talk of fucking facebook likes, a picture of Qwest Field, a dumb analogy that applies to absolutely nothing logical in the real world lease/stadium/team moving situation. Dumb article is dumb.

moklerman

Warner-phile
(Sorry guys... had to bump it because I just saw this.)

That came from BR, of who I don't care for. If he said it then he contradicts himself in another peice. I can't post links from my phone but if you Google

"Bernie Bytes: Dickerson Rips LA Market" then you'll have my opinion on LA as well as Dickerson's. :wink:

(This comes from 2 credible sources via TMZ and STLtoday... not BR.)
Both Dickerson quotes come from TMZ so if you accept one, you gotta accept the other, right? The one he said more recently seems like it might represent what he currently feels. Bernie pulled his quote from an article that was 5 years old.

But remember, I was just cautioning you about using Dickerson's word about what the Rams should do. Whatever you do, don't ask Fred Dryer.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Huh? I have nothing against the Rams past in LA. I'm didn't watch much of Jack Youngblood, but I followed them in the Everett years.

Heck, the Rams and the Chiefs were actually the teams I followed as much as I could via. television broadcast after the Cardinals left.

I know you're thinking, why the Chiefs? Two reasons actually, one being that they obvious broadcast more Chiefs games being that they are in Missouri, and the other being the game that Christian Okoye absolutely ran right over the 49ers. That made me happy.

My point is, that had I ever cared about the Cardinals much back then, I might still follow them to this day, and I enjoy the diversity of opinions on this site from around the world actually.

But to hear the constant pining over the team moving back to LA (which is rare here compared to other sites) just irks me. Why? Because I like to go to the games when I can. Just my honest me first perspective :)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Both Dickerson quotes come from TMZ so if you accept one, you gotta accept the other, right? The one he said more recently seems like it might represent what he currently feels. Bernie pulled his quote from an article that was 5 years old.

But remember, I was just cautioning you about using Dickerson's word about what the Rams should do. Whatever you do, don't ask Fred Dryer.

It's OK Dickerson flip flopped. It's nog like he's a politician. Just don't think you won that... lol. I didn't know he fished from both sides of the bank. (I'm sure that's not what you were warming me about.)

Now if you show me something that looks like an NFL stadium in LA I'll be impressed... ;)

nighttrain

Legend
Let's get one thing clear. In the 70's and 80's, the Rams were a top draw in LA. Only in the 90's, as Georgia and Shaw were preparing the way for the move to St Louis, did attendance suffer.

No one calls my Dodgers lovable losers. #fighting words
this is the truth, Georgia destroyed the faith of every Rams fan even before leaving town, all after Carroll died
train

moklerman

Warner-phile
It's OK Dickerson flip flopped. It's nog like he's a politician. Just don't think you won that... lol. I didn't know he fished from both sides of the bank. (I'm sure that's not what you were warming me about.)

Now if you show me something that looks like an NFL stadium in LA I'll be impressed... :wink:
I'm not the biggest Dickerson fan anyway. Certainly appreciate what he did but never liked his personality. But when you want to use a guy's quote to support your POV, gotta be ready to have that quote challenged. In this case, Dickerson used to think LA didn't deserve a team but years later, now he does. Don't think you can currently use him to support your point.

I think this is a good topic and agree. The Rams are too starved for a fan base as it is so I don't think they can afford to lose any of them. In terms of flip-flopping, I've done that myself on where the Rams should play. Of course, I've always wished they had never left but even I got caught up in the mania during the GSOT. Packed houses and rabid fans all led me to conclude that the support there was of more benefit to the team, especially compared to what it would have been had they continued in Anaheim. Not because of the locale but the circumstances.

10 years later and I've changed my mind. I think the honeymoon stage for St. Louis is over and that the Rams will generally just have an average situation there. There are certain benefits to being in a small market but for me, I'd rather the Rams had the advantages of being in a large market. I would also like the rivalry games to not be so spread out. I enjoy regional rivalries and think that St. Louis is just too far away to be in the NFC West. I would like to see them change divisions when they likely stay in St. Louis. I'd really have a hard time with them in the AFC but the regional rivalries are there to put them in the AFC South if , for example, the Jaguars move to LA.

fearsomefour

Legend
So the Lakers should leave then? Or how bout them lovable losers the clippers and Dodgers cause they always won right.

When you have multiple titles there is leeway obviously. Like the Cardinals in St. Louis. A team that has been very successful, over time. The Clippers had empty seats for years. The Angles as well. This is why when I read things from writers about the Clippers being "the new kings of LA" I know they must not reside, or have ever lived in, So Cal. Los Angeles is and always will be first a Laker city, then a Dodger city and those two are interchangable.
The Clippers will always be the Mets so to speak. The Angels are popular but not like the Dodgers. They reside in Anaheim anyway....NOT the same as LA for the people who live there. When Georgia moved the Rams to Orange County that began the downward spiral. The Rams were a big draw for decades in LA. The Raiders left LA because their owner who never say no to a sweet heart deal.....same reason they left Oakland. If a team moved to LA it would succeed even if it didnt win. There are empty seats in a lot of stadiums. Owners dont make the bulk of their money from tickets, although it certainly helps. The value of a franchise would like the Rams, Raiders or Jags would increase day 1 being in LA by huge amounts. The biggest road block to a team returning is the government in LA. They can screw up a wet dream. So, they will continue to not get out of their own way....everyone looking to pad their pockets instead of getting it done and the Rams will stay in St. Louis. The Rams would have an advantage over other franchises if they moved back....there are a ton of fans still there. Probably more than are in St. Louis just based on population. It is what it is. It is sad to me an owner was so driven by greed she moved the team out of one of the great American cities, it is sad to me that the politicians in that city were so inept as to not prevent that from happening. So it goes. The Rams are the Rams. I will follow and love them whether they play in LA, St. Louis or Mars. But dont bash LA or its fans, you dont know what your talking about.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm not the biggest Dickerson fan anyway. Certainly appreciate what he did but never liked his personality. But when you want to use a guy's quote to support your POV, gotta be ready to have that quote challenged. In this case, Dickerson used to think LA didn't deserve a team but years later, now he does. Don't think you can currently use him to support your point.

I think this is a good topic and agree. The Rams are too starved for a fan base as it is so I don't think they can afford to lose any of them. In terms of flip-flopping, I've done that myself on where the Rams should play. Of course, I've always wished they had never left but even I got caught up in the mania during the GSOT. Packed houses and rabid fans all led me to conclude that the support there was of more benefit to the team, especially compared to what it would have been had they continued in Anaheim. Not because of the locale but the circumstances.

10 years later and I've changed my mind. I think the honeymoon stage for St. Louis is over and that the Rams will generally just have an average situation there. There are certain benefits to being in a small market but for me, I'd rather the Rams had the advantages of being in a large market. I would also like the rivalry games to not be so spread out. I enjoy regional rivalries and think that St. Louis is just too far away to be in the NFC West. I would like to see them change divisions when they likely stay in St. Louis. I'd really have a hard time with them in the AFC but the regional rivalries are there to put them in the AFC South if , for example, the Jaguars move to LA.

I don't ever remember quoting a guy that said the exact opposite of what he previously said lol. I don't think I'll ever quote him on again.

LA is hungry for football. I think an expansion team will satisfy them. e a brutal back stab and I wouldn't even watch football anymore. I'm a Missouri/STL fan... nothing else will do. I'd just focus on the STL Cards and say forget football. I don't really get the attention LA fans spend on the Rams. STL didn't focus on the ARZ Cards when they left...

I didn't even know STL had a football team before the Rams but I was young.