Stl Should Embrace La History, Not Fight It

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
3bDno6g.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Pffftt.

I wish they would stay in So Cal and quit migrating down here.
I'll do you one better PhxRam...i wish the football Cardinals had stayed in the Lou,and the Rams had moved here instead! :heh:
They probably would've changed the Blue and Gold to reddish and white though...lol. Red horns? I wonder how long the Rams would've been stuck at Sun Devil stadium...

On topic: I support franchise over location anyway. As long as the Rams are in the Lou i hope they stay there and build a winning culture. LA Rams fans don't seem to have been very supportive since the move. I guess thats a natural reaction...initially. One would hope that by now they'd stop griping and either support the Rams or move on to a different team...or get involved in getting a new franchise.

Short story relative to topic: I've been a die hard Rams fan since '79,and also being a Phoenix native i supported the Cardinals as a secondary team when they moved here in '88(unless they played us),but when the divisions got realigned in 2002(?) my home town allegiance and support for the Cardinals died. It had too. I will not root for a division rival,obviously. I have many close friends here(Cards fans) that i simply can't watch a game with when the Rams and Cards play.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I don't expect a love-in between STL and LA fans, but there should be some empathy. I mean, both cities lost football. The fans of the Big Red should understand where LA fans have been. Bidwell supposedly left because he wasn't getting fan support; Georgia allegedly left LA for similar reasons. Both fan bases know it was about money.

But there's a lot of coveting going around. Some envy. The OP has it right. We're all Rams fans. And in this place, where most opinions are respected, someone expressing a desire to see the Rams back in LA shouldn't be responded to with derision or defensiveness. Most of the LA Ram fans know the chances of the Rams return to LA is unlikely.

Again, this place is supposed to be a haven from the baggage of other sites.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
What about the fans in Cleveland???

All this non sense about they should have stayed or I hope they stay can all be solved with a few million $$$ Kronke is going to do what is best for himself and his team. If the people in StL don't get a proposal together that entices him to stay put the LA stories will continue to be an issue. Winning record or not the seats need to be filled to "support" the team.

I live in western Washington, and used to live in SF Bay area but have been a Rams fan since the mid 60's I really don't care where they play they are my team and I will always root for them because that is how most of my generation was raised. Loyalty to your team counts.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Honest question for you. Rams have been gone from LA for nearly twenty years now...what keeps you motivated to root for the Rams?

Because that's my team :wink:, I want them to succeed wherever they are. I have no problem that they are in STL, it really does not bug me one bit.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Let's get one thing clear. In the 70's and 80's, the Rams were a top draw in LA. Only in the 90's, as Georgia and Shaw were preparing the way for the move to St Louis, did attendance suffer.

No one calls my Dodgers lovable losers. #fighting words
This is exactly correct. As a Ram fan since the late 60's, I can tell you that almost all the kids grew up worshipping the Rams. Also, until Georgia and Shaw started orchestrating the move with absolutely ridiculous player dealings and building pathetic losers while milking every last dollar and publicly lambasting the fans, the Rams had pretty decent numbers even when playing in the worst football venue I've ever seen - the Big A. The Rams moved from the Coliseum in response to stricter blackout rules. The Coliseum held over 100,000 fans and was virtually impossible to sell out or modernize.

I have never advocated for the Rams to move back to LA as it really doesn't matter to me anymore where they play and I wouldn't want St Louis fans to get jobbed like we did by Georgia and Shaw. I DO however believe that we are all Rams fans here - no matter where we're from.

If the Rams move, I will still be a Ram fan. If the Rams stay, I will still be a Ram fan.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Because that's my team :wink:, I want them to succeed wherever they are. I have no problem that they are in STL, it really does not bug me one bit.
Cool. Next question...did you ever wear a watermelon on your head? I did once. It was fantastic. :lol:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Most the LA fans including myself support the rams wherever they are. Why do we still support? Because we are ram fans with no need or want of a secondary team, a concept I cannot comprehend. Watching a team that your dad and grandfather took you to watch from birth until 30 establishes a connection. I couldn't imagine rooting for another team, the fact that some on this thread would suggest or wish such a thing is myopic. My dad has been gone for awhile now and I still feel connected to him too.
Thanks to all ram fans for being supportive of the team I have supported my whole life and win or lose I will continue to support. To be COMPLETELY CLEAR I hope my fellow fans from St Louis never have to deal with losing another team. Hello to all my LA RAM fans still supporting on this thread. Stay Classy.

Last edited by a moderator:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Honest question for you. Rams have been gone from LA for nearly twenty years now...what keeps you motivated to root for the Rams?
Honest couple questions back at yuh. I don't know how old you are Mojo so ... Anyway, were you a fan of the Cards when they were in St Louis? If the Rams left St Louis would you still be a fan of the Rams?

I can get behind those being faithful to their city OR their team. I respect both - so it's really just a question out of curiosity.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Really, you all should be bowing to the supremacy of Florida Rams Fans.

Recognize.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Honest couple questions back at yuh. I don't know how old you are Mojo so ... Anyway, were you a fan of the Cards when they were in St Louis? If the Rams left St Louis would you still be a fan of the Rams?

I can get behind those being faithful to their city OR their team. I respect both - so it's really just a question out of curiosity.
I think i explained all of that a few posts earlier my friend.
I'm 44.
I grew up in AZ without a pro team so i latched onto the LA Rams in '79. The Cardinals arrived here in '88 and as a hometown guy i rooted for them also as a number two team. Went to games etc...until the the realignment that put both teams in the same division. Since then i have no allegiance to the AZ Cardinals.

I will be a Rams fan till my dying day no matter where they play. The Zimbabwe Rams? I'm a fan.

Nathan Ibarra

I'm from Los Angeles and there is a huge Ram fan base out here. I hope the Rams come back to LA and what i hear there is a possibility they will be returning in the year 2015

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Cant say I have but I love me some good watermelon! :bigup:
I'd always hoped that the LA melonheads would become as popular as the cheeseheads in Green Bay.
My friends cut one out for me to wear at the SB34 party. Messy as hell but quite liberating. I'm superstitious by nature,and my friends cut another one out for me to wear for SB36 and i shrugged it off. Ooops.
When the Rams get back to the promised land i'm wearing a watermelon on my head. Thats a promise :juiced:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think i explained all of that a few posts earlier my friend.
I'm 44.
I grew up in AZ without a pro team so i latched onto the LA Rams in '79. The Cardinals arrived here in '88 and as a hometown guy i rooted for them also as a number two team. Went to games etc...until the the realignment that put both teams in the same division. Since then i have no allegiance to the AZ Cardinals.

I will be a Rams fan till my dying day no matter where they play. The Zimbabwe Rams? I'm a fan.
Sorry. I read the post but didn't pay attention to who wrote it. Guess my memory is a little poor. Not sure why that would be.:cheese:

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I'd always hoped that the LA melonheads would become as popular as the cheeseheads in Green Bay.
My friends cut one out for me to wear at the SB34 party. Messy as hell but quite liberating. I'm superstitious by nature,and my friends cut another one out for me to wear for SB36 and i shrugged it off. Ooops.
When the Rams get back to the promised land i'm wearing a watermelon on my head. Thats a promise :juiced:

Lol that's pretty funny, Ill wear one too when they make it.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would love them back here in So Cal, but, I've accepted they will never be back. Also, I think the T.V. revenue that the Rams generate being in the central part of the U.S. is going to be more of a factor in the financial success of the team and not the market statistics (L.A. is the #2 U.S. market blah blah blah) of the city they are located. The Rams have a fairly wide surrounding interest where they are now and the T.V. revenue must be good from what I've heard here and there. That's reason enough not to move.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Never Understood the whole St. Louis - l.a. Ram fan rivalry. We are fans of the same team and don't get how one side can be more sour at the other for whatever reason. Come on we cheer for the same team that has a long and proud history in a few places for many decades. I love going to the AZ games and the vast majority in the stands ( 40-65%) in the stands are LA Ram fans. They are still loyal.