Still no respect for Goff ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s weird how this won’t go away despite experts dismissal of it. It has been asked on every show and every expert: Jerimiah, Brooks, Rosenthal, has said that it’s a great system AND Goff is ballin out. Mahomes has guys running free 40 yds downfield and all we hear about is his brilliance not the scheme. Mahomes escapes the pocket and throws a rocket on the move and he might be the best in the nfl, Goff throws a strike inches away from 2 defenders and we’re still wondering if he’s any good.
I heard a guy today suggest it’s because of the o-line, well duh.
Rogers is having another year where he’s all the Packers have, Brady has lost 2 games cuz he has no one to throw to. Somehow having firepower is a bad thing?

didnt brady use to have some guy named cooks to throw to??

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
So, so oooooo good. My son was too young to remember the GSOT and has been a lifetime Rams sufferer/supporter. Tonight we enjoyed the hell out of this. Seriously, this O rivals that one from 99-01. Absolutely amazing.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff was beasting last night, but he ain't no Jimmy Grappalo. Lol, jk.

Hoping he balls out for the rest of the year and take home both the superbowl and mvp trophy!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last night Goff reminded me of another #16 that will not be mentioned by name. Great things lie ahead!

i said on the celebration thread that on sportscentre they said he looks like another #16 that will not be mentioned by name 2.0.

Psycho_X

Legend
The last two games I feel like this was Jared Goff to all the people who called him a system QB.

giphy.gif

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Et tu, Florio?!?

Jared Goff, franchise quarterback
Posted by Mike Florio on September 28, 2018, 7:51 AM EDT
gettyimages-1042173930-e1538135448757.jpg

Getty Images

When the Eagles and the Rams got together last December, the consensus was that the second pick in the 2016 draft (Carson Wentz) had become a franchise quarterback, and that the first pick in the 2016 (Jared Goff) hadn’t. This morning, and in light of the injury suffered by Wentz in that game from last December, would anyone take Wentz over Goff?

And don’t give me the “Goff has Sean McVay” nonsense. Wentz has Doug Pederson. Most franchise quarterbacks enjoy above average to great coaching. And that helps franchise quarterbacks become even greater.

What football witnessed last night from Goff was greatness.

“I think just a comfort level,” McVay told reporters after the 38-31 win over Minnesota. “I think he’s got such a great command right now and you know he’s intentional about getting better. [Quarterbacks coach] Zac Taylor has done a great job with him. Really just having him make sure that he has an ownership of the game plan, understands what we’re trying to get done and you know that constant dialogue, that communication that we talk about being on the same page. At the end of the day I think he’s just thrown the ball extremely well. When things are in rhythm he’s been outstanding, giving guys a chance to run after the catch. Then you look at a couple of plays where we ended up running some bootlegs. He’s going to his left, getting his shoulders around, hitting [Brandin] Cooks in stride, hitting Robert Woods, so there’s a handful of plays that he made tonight that are just a great player making great plays, but then also when things were there in rhythm I thought he was outstanding.”

Goff, a mild-mannered, soft-spoken gunslinger who will rip out the heart of a defense and show it to them, was mild-mannered and soft spoken after he ripped out the heart of the Vikings defense and showed it to them.

“It felt pretty good all night,” Goff said after the win that moved his team to 4-0. “I thought we did a great job protecting, as we’ve done most of the season this year and, really, all of the season this year. Just keeping me upright and anytime that happens, we’ve got such good guys on the outside and try to get the ball in their hands and let them make plays. Tonight, we were able to do that.”

On one of the most impressive throws anyone will make — a pigskin through the eye of a needle touchdown throw to Cooper Kupp — Goff was humble.

“You know, kind of taking a little bit of a chance there and got away with it, but that’s what happens when you’ve got good players,” Goff said. “I trust Cooper [Kupp] and he ran right through it. Wasn’t sure if he was in bounds or not, but he made a good catch on it. I think that just shows kind of my trust in him.”

Every year, Goff has gotten better. Every week this season, Goff has gotten better. And the Rams have gotten better. Last night, he generated the oddly-precise perfect passer rating of 158.3, completing 26 of 43 throws for 465 yards, five touchdowns, and no interceptions.

And it actually looked like Goff would do even better than that, based on the first half of the game. He finished the second quarter with 251 yards and four touchdowns, putting him in position to challenge the all-time single-game yardage record (554 from former Rams quarterback Norm Van Brocklin, in 1951) and the all-time single-game passing touchdown record (seven, from multiple players).

It looked a lot like the football equivalent of the basketball team that used to play in the venue located near the team’s new stadium in Inglewood.

“I don’t know,” Goff told reporters after the game with a laugh. “I wasn’t alive.”

He is now, and what a time it is to be alive and be an NFL fan. There’s a golden age of young quarterbacks, from Goff to Wentz to Patrick Mahomes to Baker Mayfield to Josh Allen to Sam Darnold to Deshaun Watson to Josh Rosen (maybe) to Lamar Jackson (maybe) to Dak Prescott (maybe) to whoever else keeps emerging from a pipeline that is suddenly bubbling more crude than Jed Clampett’s back 40.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/28/jared-goff-franchise-quarterback/

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And it actually looked like Goff would do even better than that, based on the first half of the game. He finished the second quarter with 251 yards and four touchdowns, putting him in position to challenge the all-time single-game yardage record (554 from former Rams quarterback Norm Van Brocklin, in 1951) and the all-time single-game passing touchdown record (seven, from multiple players).

with this offense i can actually see this happening ...

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Pretty amazing that single game passing record by Norm Van Brocklin has stood for almost 70yrs

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But they did say that our WR group is possibly the best of ALL TIME !
a long way to go before we cor them can pronounce that its a big claim but it also points to Goffs start being because of them

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whitworth and that block on the Cooks play. :grouphug::later: . Hopefully someone can put together a clip of just that. Or better yet a highlight video of last night that includes that block, the 7-10 split.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
none of the TD throws he made yesterday were easy, NONE of them

he made them look easy

it's just that simple

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Silver of NFL, has this article in which McVay defends Goff on the "system QB" tag.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ly-leads-los-angeles-rams-to-perfect-30-start

Goff ain't worried a bit...(y)
Love the non-hollyweird style of Goff.

Rams have a franchise QB who is 23.

Let that sink in.
And his receiver group is all young and signed for several years. I can't wait to watch this group grow together. It honestly sends shivers down my spine when I think about it.

The night Jared had tonight is the type of game I remember dudes like Dan Marino having.
Oh - PLEASE don't compare him to the greatest QB to NEVER win a SB.

…..

Legend
To the OP- I'm not at work today, but I'm betting my bottom dollar that EVERYONE is now talking about Goff in the breakroom, ;)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What football witnessed last night from Goff was greatness.

Well it's not like Foolio has a choice here other than recognizing the greatness we all saw last night. But that crow still tastes delicious. :p

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff is looking EXPENSIVE out there! He's gonna make a lot of people eat their words after this year.