Still no respect for Goff ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Just wait till he's 25!!!
I have also been on board the Goff trailer. His mental toughness had me sold. I think it is a big reason Snead and Fisher chose him. In college he got beat to crap and never said a word. Went 1 and 11 and just kept working to get better. Even if we hadn't hired McVay he would have made major improvements to his game. It is who he his. He has complete confidence in himself and that never wavers. Just wait till he is 25!!
That is exactly right, he got beat up, and kept getting up, as his career went on, he could throw two INT's, and then throw 2 TD's while getting hit in the 4th, and win the game. He impressed the hell out of me, while at Cal.

Last edited:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I truley belive Goff was not fishers choice he was forced on him (with plans to go in a diff coaching direction) if Fisher had his choice Wentz would have been here
I would disagree with you on that. Fisher lit up when talking about Goff. I think Fisher got every 1st pick, good or bad, while he was our coach.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I would disagree with you on that. Fisher lit up when talking about Goff. I think Fisher got every 1st pick, good or bad, while he was our coach.
All the evidence, especially inside stuff fron Mike Silver and comments at the time from Fisher himself, was that Fisher and probably Snead too really wanted Goff, and in fact traded up to the first pick to get him. I believe Fisher had been aware of Goff for some time, but in any event Goff blew them both away with his passing at a workout in the rain in Berkeley in January.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I truley belive Goff was not fishers choice he was forced on him (with plans to go in a diff coaching direction) if Fisher had his choice Wentz would have been here

You can debate whether it was right or not, but it was Fisher’s choice, always.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

I dunno where this comes from.

The story is well known. Fisher saw Goff while seeing a game with his son who was going to Cal. He relayed this to Mike Silver, also a Cal Alum.

The only reason that Wentz entered the picture is that he tore it up during the combine, Senior Bowl and in private workouts. And I think they really only looked at Wentz because Snead was doing his job of due diligence.

Left to Fisher alone, they take Goff without question.

Also, Fisher courted the attention that came with having the pick and really really milked it.

Bottom line was that Fisher was gonna take Goff all along.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

The story is well known. Fisher saw Goff while seeing a game with his son who was going to Cal. He relayed this to Mike Silver, also a Cal Alum.

The only reason that Wentz entered the picture is that he tore it up during the combine, Senior Bowl and in private workouts. And I think they really only looked at Wentz because Snead was doing his job of due diligence.

Also, Fisher courted the attention that came with having the pick and really really milked it.

Agreed.

Wentz was also the more logical choice amongst those of us who thought we knew Fisher better than Fisher knew himself.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm sending this one out to our BOI Goff !!!!!!!!

GOFFENSE = DROPPIN DIMES, DROPPIN DIMES

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Stephen A Smith today : rams go to superbowl if they have home field advantage . Says this offense and jared Goff would not do well in the cold.

We have not even seen this yet and they are already creating hate lol
Yeah I heard that. It really sounds like wishful thinking. This is what fans do when they are hoping a team they hate doesn't really have as good a team as they really do.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Because Fisher was well known for his complete and open honesty on the mic? Did you follow any of the Vince Young drama when he was drafted? There were several reports after Goff was drafted about him being forced upon Fischer they could have come out of know where but doubtful. I mean I'm happy either way that we got Goff he's who I wanted

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Because Fisher was well known for his complete and open honesty on the mic? Did you follow any of the Vince Young drama when he was drafted? There were several reports after Goff was drafted about him being forced upon Fischer they could have come out of know where but doubtful. I mean I'm happy either way that we got Goff he's who I wanted

That stuff only started when it became clear that Goff wasn’t going to develop himself.

Fisher was a drama queen and I couldn't be happier he’s “gone fishin’.”

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's getting respect, people are coming around on him. It's going to continue to be a work in progress though.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

As mentioned, that's not true.

I'm sending this one out to our BOI Goff !!!!!!!!

GOFFENSE = DROPPIN DIMES, DROPPIN DIMES

Meanings change, I understand that.

But does anyone understand the meaning of that particular term? Do any of the idiots rapping it know the origin?

IMO it's a stupid use of the phrase in it's current form.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Chris Simms is the simple son of a moron. Think about that for a sec. Let is sink in..

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

so goff still getting disrespected. espn has promoted the game for mnf as mahomes vs gurley.

when do they ever do that, not show the qb in ads? when a qb is horrible and the rb is the only star on the team. like ap with the vikings. when was the last time a qb, playing as well as goff is at the moment, wasn't the headline of their team in an ad for a prime time game?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

so goff still getting disrespected. espn has promoted the game for mnf as mahomes vs gurley.

when do they ever do that, not show the qb in ads? when a qb is horrible and the rb is the only star on the team. like ap with the vikings. when was the last time a qb, playing as well as goff is at the moment, wasn't the headline of their team in an ad for a prime time game?

I agree but I think it also shows just how good Gurley is. During the GSOT years there were plenty of games that Marshall Faulk was the reason we won. Gurley is that guy too.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Goff under Fisher:
112 of 205 (54.6%) 1089 yds, 5.31 yds/att, 5 TD 7 Int 63.6 QB rating

Goff under McVay
523 of 809 (64.6%) 6938 yds, 8.58 yds/att, 50 TD 13 Int 105.6 QB rating

Goff seems pretty good in a legit NFL offense.
Goff looked pretty bad in what ever the hell Fisher's offense was.

I'll take Goff and McVay for the win Alex!!!

A + 42.0 on the QB rating
A + 3.27 on the yards/attempt
A + 45 on the TDs
A + 6 on the Ints.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame

That’s just flat disrespect. I don’t care what anybody says. You don’t pit one teams quarterback against another teams running back.

We’ve all seen thes promos for years. They’ve hyped Andy Dalton. They’ve hyped Alex Smith. They’ve hyped You-like-that cousins! Even Gag Prescott, for crying out loud.

Our guy Jared is arguably the best quarterback in the league right now!! Did you hear me? And they don’t even mention his name??

Did they confuse him with Jared from Subway??? Why the disrespect.

I hope he lights up those fools Monday.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

so i saw an ad on espn for the superbowl. they started showing the qb of every team. i knew what was coming. sure enough, after they showed the qb from the 7 other teams, when it was the rams turn they showed gurley. all you can do is laugh at this stage.