Snead on negotiations with Aaron Donald: 'No movement'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Trade his ass, we cant be having a player going against our new head coaches motto of 'We not me', also if we give him this mega deal it almost all but guarantees we're gonna be very handicapped paying some of the other players set to hit free agency. PLAYERS THAT ARE PLAYING UNDER THEIR CONTRACT AND ACTUALLY GOING WITH WHAT MCVAY IS TRYING TO DO... AHEM 'WE NOT ME' <rantover>

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Can I ask a question to you guys that know more about the ins and outs than me? Is he not in breach of (his current) contract if he doesn't play?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Can I ask a question to you guys that know more about the ins and outs than me? Is he not in breach of (his current) contract if he doesn't play?

He is in breach of his contract if he does not play......of course I know as much as you do lol. But I do know he is under contact for 2 more years and the Rams have all the leverage. If the Rams want to bust chops they can hold his rights for 4 more years by making him play the 2 in his contact and then 2 year of franchise tagging him....lets hope it never gets that far.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
tenor.gif

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA

In theory yes, but due to the situation the Rams aren't going to take this down a legal road. First the union contract limits what they can do to and outline penalties they may enforce (in effect they can't really sue for more than that), their ultimate option out would be to end the contract (which doesn't take court action and which makes him a FA) which they aren't going to do. Really all they can do is fine him for days missed and ultimately games missed.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Trade his ass, we cant be having a player going against our new head coaches motto of 'We not me', also if we give him this mega deal it almost all but guarantees we're gonna be very handicapped paying some of the other players set to hit free agency. PLAYERS THAT ARE PLAYING UNDER THEIR CONTRACT AND ACTUALLY GOING WITH WHAT MCVAY IS TRYING TO DO... AHEM 'WE NOT ME' <rantover>

Ah....no

The Rams are not good at rrading away future Hall of Famers - who did we get from pitt in the Bettis trade? Name me someone from the Dickerson deal besides Gaston Green? Aaron Cox?

Aaron Donald is gonna be fresh for the season and ready to go

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Ah....no

The Rams are not good at rrading away future Hall of Famers - who did we get from pitt in the Bettis trade? Name me someone from the Dickerson deal besides Gaston Green? Aaron Cox?

Aaron Donald is gonna be fresh for the season and ready to go
If he's willing to play this season, then okay keep him but if he carries this shit into to the season... Id rather have a healthy Watkins under contract then a DT with a contract for 100 mill+ just my opinion.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
If he's willing to play this season, then okay keep him but if he carries this crap into to the season... Id rather have a healthy Watkins under contract then a DT with a contract for 100 mill+ just my opinion.

Aaron Donald is gonna end up one of the top 3 highest paid players in the NFL if not of all time

Imagine if we had drafted both Mack and Donald in the first round - talk about breaking the bank.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Aaron Donald is gonna end up one of the top 3 highest paid players in the NFL if not of all time
And he deserves it man but really gotta pull this with 2 years left on his deal and while a new coach is trying to instill a new culture and a winning attitude. Send his ass to Cleveland if he doesn't want to win games in horns.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
There is still plenty of time for him to get to camp in time for game #1, but the word you used, "disheartening" really nails it.
And if it does end up being a game of chicken, I have to ask, why?
Why draw such a line in the sand with your best player?

There is time, but if there's a stalemate and the 2 sides aren't communicating, opening day will be here before you know it.

If in fact the $70mil/guarantee is legit, then I can see why the Rams are done talking. What I don't know is what Donald wants that hasn't been offered. I would be interested to know that.

Rainram

Starter
What are the penalties/fines per game missed?

And can that money be used toward other deals/contracts?

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we do trade Donald (and I hope we don't ) I'd be calling buffalo

2 1sts
2 2nds
And thier first the year after

And if they don't go for that their 2 3rds this year instead of the first

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
There is time, but if there's a stalemate and the 2 sides aren't communicating, opening day will be here before you know it.

If in fact the $70mil/guarantee is legit, then I can see why the Rams are done talking. What I don't know is what Donald wants that hasn't been offered. I would be interested to know that.
I hear ... and I must say I don't know for a fact but, I "hear" he wants an opt out clause after yr 3 of the deal .... NO DEAL

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I hear ... and I must say I don't know for a fact but, I "hear" he wants an opt out clause after yr 3 of the deal .... NO DEAL
Heard that as well, if that's the case I'm good that just sounds like a giant headache..