Sick of "The Story"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
They wind up looking like bugs hitting a windshield when trying to pop a dude who has a major weight advantage on them. If you want to complain about anything point out the piss poor tackling form, dude is going to get himself knocked out trying to tackle like that regardless of where he tries to hit.

And again this is a reaction to the NFL's essentially no tolerance approach to hits that can be considered anywhere near high during contested passes. Just like you'll see a flag on a QB getting hit regardless of how late they start their slide. Teams and players aren't afraid to go across the middle anymore on hospital passes because they know if a defender tries to lay the boom its going to be a free first down for them.
I highly doubt he'd get squashed like a bug. For example, if he put that shoulder right in his gut aka the numbers, that'll knock the shit out of a lot of people. Now does it take toughness and committing to putting some force behind those hits? Well of course it does. To me, Joseph had the clear momentum and leverage advantage and could have knocked the snot outta Higbee with a much cleaner hit instead of the dirty shit he pulled. I'm sure an old school safety like Ronnie Lott (who I hate to use as example cuz he's a fuckin Whiner, but the same size as Joseph) would agree. Defenders have also gotten soft because they rather know they'll be ok after making a hit aka make a business decision. This one could have taken money off of Higbee's plate if he hadn't signed his new contract earlier in the year. By the way, laying the boom scares the shit outta players coming across the middle, just ask Dweebo when Scott laid his ass out.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
While I never have and never will root for the whiners, when a hated team beats a team I merely dislike, the consolation is that the team I dislike is done for the season. I can enjoy what I don't have control of in that sense. I'd be like go Lions (ugh) beat the whiners (F Them!) but if they don't then I'm like yeah you guys beat the Rams but that's why we let Goff go because we wanted that trophy.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
They wind up looking like bugs hitting a windshield when trying to pop a dude who has a major weight advantage on them. If you want to complain about anything point out the piss poor tackling form, dude is going to get himself knocked out trying to tackle like that regardless of where he tries to hit.

And again this is a reaction to the NFL's essentially no tolerance approach to hits that can be considered anywhere near high during contested passes. Just like you'll see a flag on a QB getting hit regardless of how late they start their slide. Teams and players aren't afraid to go across the middle anymore on hospital passes because they know if a defender tries to lay the boom its going to be a free first down for them.
Squashed? I don't see Csonka or Earl Campbell running around any more. If that dude knew how to tackle cleanly there's no squash. Quit diving at players knees.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
And he was defenseless right? He didnt see him comming right?
Yeah a solid hit to the mid area (between shoulders and thighs above knee) when the defender doesn't see him coming is pretty awesome. (see: Dweebo hit) Still, we've seen the defenseless receiver penalty called on some of those. I'm not condoning anyone hitting softer in that area. But AT the knees is dirty because the player diving knows that he could severely injure the player. How could they not, and just claim "duh, that's fooh-ball"?

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
It’s a bitter pill to swallow but the simple fact is Goff played extremely well 3-3 in the RZ while MS was 0-3

Yet Stafford outplayed him?

Scoreboard disagrees guys

It sucks, Goff came out on top and sent us packing

Crying about the refs?

Now we’re Saints level whiny bitches? Nope…cya next time JG

We’ll be ready
I couldn't agree more with this post.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Lots of salt in this thread....

There always have been story lines, and there will always be supplemental story lines within and around the game. I didn't see anyone complaining when they did features on Puka and what it meant to him and his family to have the season he did. The game isn't a math equation.

Joseph is a 200 lb safety, when tacking a dude who outweighs him by 50 lbs they are gonna go low 100% of the time. Nothing dirty about it, just unfortunate that Higbee's foot got stuck in the turf on the hit. This is exactly what defensive players were saying would be a problem if they kept expanding what all gets called as a "high" hit. In fact you can see a very similar hit laid on LaPorta earlier in the game....and will see TEs getting hit low almost every game because they are huge.
Apparently this is rocket science to some people.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Lots of lions fans in this thread. Maybe they will leave next week when they find a new team to intentionally injured.

oldnotdead

Legend
Old news guys. Time to look forward not behind. We didn't win regardless of why. IMO the Rams lost the game for one simple thing.

THE RAMS CAN'T FUCKING TACKLE.

Play soft defense then not tackle what do you expect? HC goes off his nut and becomes pass happy in the red zone, not once but 3 fucking times?

The Rams got outplayed and out-coached. It's just that fucking simple.

Time to move on guys.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Old news guys. Time to look forward not behind. We didn't win regardless of why. IMO the Rams lost the game for one simple thing.

THE RAMS CAN'T FUCKING TACKLE.

Play soft defense then not tackle what do you expect? HC goes off his nut and becomes pass happy in the red zone, not once but 3 fucking times?

The Rams got outplayed and out-coached. It's just that fucking simple.

Time to move on guys.
I'll say it was more with how we played in the rz more than anything. But that's just me.

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
Well, if we really wanted to point fingers, Kupp was wide open in the end zone on the drive that we had to kick the first field goal. It was the first down play. Stafford simply missed him. Those 4 points wins the game.

But pointing fingers is not realistic. Stafford played a fantastic game. Everyone makes errors. Nobody is perfect. If we are pointing fingers, the biggest culprit is the refs holding their flags when Puka was held down by his jersey on the last drive. Another 15 yards should have been added to that PI flag for the second defender hitting Puka in the head. If that call was made, game over in all probability.

There could be lots of fingers pointed:
1. We know that Goff doesn't handle pressure well. Why does Raheem wait to blitz until the second half after Goff ate our lunch in the first half? Got me. Goff did shit in the second half.
2. If Alaric had contained his man Hutchinson, Stafford would have made the 50 yard+ completion to Kupp that ended up sailing out of bounds as Stafford tried to avoid the pressure.
3. If Havenstein hadn't held his guy at the end of the game, doing a takedown, the Rams could have kicked the field goal (presumably cough cough) from 51 yards instead of 61 where McVay opted to punt.
4. On the other hand, we were gifted a flag when our guy jumped offsides but the refs called it on the Lions. Goff was unstoppable at that point but we got lucky. The Lions would have probably scored again.
5. After Goff made the stupid lateral, they were like 2 and 25. Yet, we give up the first down. No blitz on obvious passing????
6. Our use of early timeouts left us with none when we needed them.
7. Even then, all we needed was a 3 and out from our D. They failed.

It was a team loss. Everything was there for a win, but it didn't happen. My biggest grief was with the no-PI call at the end. That was not only obvious, but was the game. Nothing the Rams can do about that.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Outcome of our last game isn't changing, but fuck the dirty ass Lions, the refs that helped them and hope the Whiners get smashed too! And yes, I'll still enjoy football hahahaha

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Lol. Don't worry, you'll still be crying next week, while I get to enjoy life and football.

It might be easier for some of us to move on when one of our so called "fans" isn't here rubbing salt in the wound gloating because he's got a boy crush on Goff and the Kneecaps.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
It might be easier for some of us to move on when one of our so called "fans" isn't here rubbing salt in the wound gloating because he's got a boy crush on Goff and the Kneecaps.
Lmao how am I rubbing salt in anyones wound? Please elaborate. I'm not the one who brought up JG...you are. So I suggest you stop crying and try again.

dang

Legend
Well, if we really wanted to point fingers, Kupp was wide open in the end zone on the drive that we had to kick the first field goal. It was the first down play. Stafford simply missed him. Those 4 points wins the game.

But pointing fingers is not realistic. Stafford played a fantastic game. Everyone makes errors. Nobody is perfect. If we are pointing fingers, the biggest culprit is the refs holding their flags when Puka was held down by his jersey on the last drive. Another 15 yards should have been added to that PI flag for the second defender hitting Puka in the head. If that call was made, game over in all probability.

There could be lots of fingers pointed:
1. We know that Goff doesn't handle pressure well. Why does Raheem wait to blitz until the second half after Goff ate our lunch in the first half? Got me. Goff did shit in the second half.
2. If Alaric had contained his man Hutchinson, Stafford would have made the 50 yard+ completion to Kupp that ended up sailing out of bounds as Stafford tried to avoid the pressure.
3. If Havenstein hadn't held his guy at the end of the game, doing a takedown, the Rams could have kicked the field goal (presumably cough cough) from 51 yards instead of 61 where McVay opted to punt.
4. On the other hand, we were gifted a flag when our guy jumped offsides but the refs called it on the Lions. Goff was unstoppable at that point but we got lucky. The Lions would have probably scored again.
5. After Goff made the stupid lateral, they were like 2 and 25. Yet, we give up the first down. No blitz on obvious passing????
6. Our use of early timeouts left us with none when we needed them.
7. Even then, all we needed was a 3 and out from our D. They failed.

It was a team loss. Everything was there for a win, but it didn't happen. My biggest grief was with the no-PI call at the end. That was not only obvious, but was the game. Nothing the Rams can do about that.
Solid!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I... honestly don't understand the complaint here.

Part of the sportscaster's job is to entertain by creating drama and reporting on interesting storylines. It might be entertaining for diehard fans like us if all they did was report the news and results with no bias or opinion, but the NFL is built on keeping its casual fans interested.

Warner was a great story. I loved it. But that Rams team didn’t play dirty to win either. If they did, then that story isn’t so great or so important.
It’s a bitter pill to swallow but the simple fact is Goff played extremely well 3-3 in the RZ while MS was 0-3

Yet Stafford outplayed him?

Scoreboard disagrees guys

It sucks, Goff came out on top and sent us packing

Crying about the refs?

Now we’re Saints level whiny bitches? Nope…cya next time JG

We’ll be ready
You think Goff outplayed Stafford? Who had better throws under pressure? Who played after having his bell rung? Thanks to the soft defense the Rams opened with Goff was throwing with no pressure. Once he was pressured the Lions got 3 points.

Stafford fought through that game and nearly won it. He had a much harder road. The QBRs were nearly identical. Stafford threw two TDs to Goff’s one. Stafford threw for 367 yards to Goff’s 277.
View attachment 63939
Not sure what to make of this, I don’t recall the hit, but looks like someone is diving at someone’s knee, it’s football fellas
It looks like Durant’s helmet is in front of Laporta knee in that picture. For it to be like Joseph’s hit Durant’s helmet would be directly on LaPorta’s knee and driving in the opposite way. It even looks like LaPorta had time to get his hand on Durant and push his head down, which likely means the hit was above the knee, more in the thigh area.
Lots of salt in this thread....

There always have been story lines, and there will always be supplemental story lines within and around the game. I didn't see anyone complaining when they did features on Puka and what it meant to him and his family to have the season he did. The game isn't a math equation.

Joseph is a 200 lb safety, when tacking a dude who outweighs him by 50 lbs they are gonna go low 100% of the time. Nothing dirty about it, just unfortunate that Higbee's foot got stuck in the turf on the hit. This is exactly what defensive players were saying would be a problem if they kept expanding what all gets called as a "high" hit. In fact you can see a very similar hit laid on LaPorta earlier in the game....and will see TEs getting hit low almost every game because they are huge.
Head down, right at the knee. Plus he’s a two time offender. How is that good tackling form. The smallest kid on our high school team weighs 145 lbs and he’s the best open field tackler in the backfield. He doesn’t put his head down and aim at the knee.