Sick of "The Story"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Did Stafford call those fades? How many TDs did Goff actually throw? Was it more than Stafford? I don’t remember that.

I guess by your measure then Ah-mon Rah St. Brown outplayed Puka Nacua too. He must have, because the Lions won the game right?
I mean does it really matter how many tds he threw? If he got all 3 of the tds in the rz would you then say he outplayed him? All that matters is they scored down there and we didn't and yes Stafford had alot to do with that since mcvay decided to leave the ball in his hands instead of pounding the rock.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
There it is. You do you. I was waiting for that one to come out. It’s typical. But how Am I slandering what you say. You are saying it. You just agreed that you did. You also insinuate that our lives are miserable over this.

You know that a player can go low without going at the knee. He could go after the hip, the thigh, the calfs, the feet. There are more options than helmet down directly on the knee.

We will just have to agree to disagree. I’ll see you around, or maybe I won’t.
I'm cool with that. See you around gnome.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I mean does it really matter how many tds he threw? If he got all 3 of the tds in the rz would you then say he outplayed him? All that matters is they scored down there and we didn't and yes Stafford had alot to do with that since mcvay decided to leave the ball in his hands instead of pounding the rock.
The question is which QB played the better game. It’s subjective imo. But stats back it up. It’s also necessary to look at what each quarterback faced. Stafford faced much more pressure the entire game. In the first half Goff wasn’t pressured at all, or until that first pressure by AD, I don’t recall if that was before or just after half time.

The question is not who won the game. The game was won by the entire team. Goff didn’t win the game. The Lions won the game.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Lmao how am I rubbing salt in anyones wound? Please elaborate. I'm not the one who brought up JG...you are. So I suggest you stop crying and try again.
We just lost to a team that was intentionally trying to hurt our players.

I'm over the loss, but I'll never get over the dirty team.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
We just lost to a team that was intentionally trying to hurt our players.

I'm over the loss, but I'll never get over the dirty team.
I highly doubt they were trying to intentionally hurt anyone. But hey believe what you want.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
They wind up looking like bugs hitting a windshield when trying to pop a dude who has a major weight advantage on them. If you want to complain about anything point out the piss poor tackling form, dude is going to get himself knocked out trying to tackle like that regardless of where he tries to hit.

And again this is a reaction to the NFL's essentially no tolerance approach to hits that can be considered anywhere near high during contested passes. Just like you'll see a flag on a QB getting hit regardless of how late they start their slide. Teams and players aren't afraid to go across the middle anymore on hospital passes because they know if a defender tries to lay the boom its going to be a free first down for them.
Tell that to Nick Scott after he laid out Deebo...and Deebo didn't miss a season because of that hit. Text book...even was acknowledged for a text book tackle by the NFL tgst gives out a weekly award for one.

1000002852.jpg

And won another for this one in the playoffs.
1000002853.jpg

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
The question is which QB played the better game. It’s subjective imo. But stats back it up. It’s also necessary to look at what each quarterback faced. Stafford faced much more pressure the entire game. In the first half Goff wasn’t pressured at all, or until that first pressure by AD, I don’t recall if that was before or just after half time.

The question is not who won the game. The game was won by the entire team. Goff didn’t win the game. The Lions won the game.
That why I said objectivity. Both qbs were awesome imo.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I highly doubt they were trying to intentionally hurt anyone. But hey believe what you want.
So after the QB is down, the next guy can come in and elbow him in the head, and the next guy after that can come in with a full stomp?
Okay, sounds legit to me.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Both QBs played great as the obvious stats show. Matthew was on fire for 4 quarters. Goff had an amazing start leading them to the first 3 scores. He almost blew it on that fumble but maintained his composure at the end to get them the needed first downs. Matthew had less mistakes, just the Cooper miss on the potential big gain. One could add RZ issues but I fault McVay more for not running. Goff's mistake was typical of him and was nearly costly. The QBs were so even that's it's just a matter of opinion who outplayed who. I love Stafford because the dude was tough as always and was ready for the challenge with the crowd against him. Goff was on a mission, you could tell from his interviews the previous week. Dude was like John Wick. Not joking, no care free attitude, just extremely focused to do what he needed to do. Anyone see him on the podium correct that one reporter? I was like whoa, this guy is wanting it bad. Taking no bullshit. Hats off to Stafford though, he showed up and made believers out of many who weren't sure he still had it. If he had gotten the win he would've been the media hero all week. Instead Goff took that honor.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What about “the journey“ to get to the “the story”?