Should we go after Ramsey?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
No thank you. Ramsey has never lived up to the hype and has shown that he is a locker room poison.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
would love to get ramesy but would rather see our limited resources spent on the ol

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What makes you think they would want Peters and a lower first round pick than what Miami got for Minkah?
Easy answer.
I am a just a fan making an unrealistic proposal because I would love the player.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Just from a scheme fit perspective, Ramsey is a MUCH better fit than Peters.

Doesn't mean anything is going to happen, but if we know one thing, it's that Demoff and Snead consider EVERYTHING.

Part of a trade is that ANY team trading for him has to be assured that they can sign him long term.

Rams could be a long term destination.

Also, we've had very good luck reclaiming other teams troubled 1st rounders...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
IF the Rams think he will fit in their culture a 1st and 5th pick are nothing. This is really about projecting whether he fits.

Re: Peters at that point I would move him. Why? Because he will not take being on the bench in a contract year.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
2 first round picks plus the highest paid corner in the league? I think I’m good with paying Peters and keeping our picks.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Ramsey doesn't like playing zone coverage. He'd be a good fit scheme wise with the Rams and swapping Peters would make sense because he fits the Jaguars defense. That brings into question how much else the Rams should give. Peter's cost them a second. I still think a first and a player of Peters caliber would be worth it.

In a past interview, Ramsey was asked where he will be going after his contract is up and he said Vegas. So, would the Rams be able to sign him to a contract extension, or is his plan to be a Raider? (Would Mayock take another chance on a big personality after the AB crapfests?)

The Rams and Jacksonville hooked up on trading last year, so we know they are willing to work together.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
2 first round picks plus the highest paid corner in the league? I think I’m good with paying Peters and keeping our picks.

Shefter reported a first and a fifth was the offer by an NFC team. He also said the Jags have no desire to trade him. But that is likely BS. Some say a deal happens this week.

Drafting a player of Ramsey's caliber is not likely with a late first round pick. They really should explore the possibilities. They need a trump card for the Patriots adding Brown.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, ok. So we sweeten the deal.
a 1st and 5th rounder and since Foles is out we throw in Blake Bortles

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When I first saw the thread title. I thought why would we go after @Ramsey. Seems like a great poster, excellent taste in music. What did he do? Silly me.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Fuck yes. Go get him. Talib and Peters likely walk this off-season. Give Ramsey the money that Peters would have gotten.
I'm leaning this way too. Peters has played well this season and last season since Talib returned, but i don't think i want to pay him. I don't trust it. Peters is awfully immature.

I'd be cool with it, pending the price of course.
2020 1st is a default i'm sure. Hopefully Snead is inquiring as we speak[type].

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
ESPN's Jenna Laine reports the Jaguars are seeking two first-rounders in exchange for Jalen Ramsey.

As they should for a 25-year-old No. 1 corner capable of eliminating No. 1 wideouts. Ramsey requested a trade, but he insisted Tuesday it was not his camp who leaked the news.

Ramsey is disillusioned in Jacksonville, especially with the amount of zone coverage he must play under DC Todd Wash.

Ramsey has been connected to the Chiefs, but a team source has refuted those rumors. It's looking more and more likely that if Ramsey plays a final game as a Jag, it will be Thursday against the Titans.