Should we go after Ramsey?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Im going to take the left hand path and say, nah. He's going to be asking for top corner money, which he deserves, but i think keeping Kupp and Woods here as well as someother key players like Littleton are far more important to continuing our success than one CB.

And John Johnson is a must keep and he won't be cheap.

Ram65

Legend
Can't see Jags taking Peters. Reynolds maybe. Nice to think about but, hard to do cap and comp wise.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Rams can handle Peters, they could easily handle this cat.
Heck send them the first rounder and Peters
Spent a 1st rounder on Cooks, I recall that working out just fine

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
All these people hating on Peters but as I have posted on here, his name has not been called in the first two games which is a good thing for a CB.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
If Rams can handle Peters, they could easily handle this cat.
Heck send them the first rounder and Peters
Spent a 1st rounder on Cooks, I recall that working out just fine
What makes you think they would want Peters and a lower first round pick than what Miami got for Minkah? I just don't see us trading a starter and a pick to add someone new after the season has started. We can't just trade picks for Ramsey because we don't have the cap room in 2019.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd love for the Rams to acquire Halen Ramsey, but I am guessing it would screw up the cap plan to sign him. It could make some others unaffordable.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
1st... let me just remind everyone that I'm basically a lifelong FSU Fan. My Grandmother was close friends with Bobby Bowden. My twin sons are currently Seniors there.

Ramsey has a shit load of talent. There is no denying that. He also has a name that should require him to be a Ram.

But...

I think I would say no way.

Here's my thinking on that. Sure... players want to get paid. They all do, especially top talent. But the way that they go about their business with this is very telling. Ramsey played straight halfass through many games last year and was a major distraction in the Jags locker room and in the media. He hurt the team worse than if he just held out. His mouth isn't even close to being the Deon Sanders mouth that he dreams of... not even close.

Let's not forget his entrance into Jags training camp this year. Note the tremendous crowd he displayed this to. He is a fucking loon...

So... if we do give up a real amount of value... and it will require a shit ton of REAL value. We're then going to have to make him the highest paid CB in the history of the NFL.

I see Ramsey as a top talent QB who is only interested in himself and the almighty $. His heart is not in his team or winning... he's only concerned with what he can get out of football... not what he can do for football or his team. Let's face it... lots of players are just like that. But if I was the decision maker... I wouldn't make a player like that the highest paid ever at his position. I reserve that kind of rare award for players that truly love the game and are blessed with talent... rare players like A. Donald. This guy reminds me more of a player on the A. Brown end of the spectrum.

Ants

Starter
Peters prefers zone and Wade had to adjust defense last year because he was getting burned in man to put him in more zone. Ramsey prefers man and jaguars are forcing him to play zone. Sounds like a good swap as far as fit for both teams. Salary cap would need figured out. But would certainly be an improvement as far as giving Wade the tools he prefers I think.

Yeah, I was also looking at this as being a possible trade. We might have to sweeten the pot a bit, but it looks good to me! :cool: