Ramsey vs Rapp?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Chump move by Ramsey, he needs to face some consequence at the very least a public apology.
Meh. If that's the way they choose to handle it - ok. But I'm not so sure that is the way to get past it. I suspect handling it inside and not playing it out in public will be the best for all parties - including the team. We don't need more drama heading into the Whiner game and playoffs.

Ellard80

Legend
i blame this entire thread on Greg Fucking Olson...

I watched it again on DVR and while he is a good announcer he repeated the word "punch" a few times.

Bro that wasn't a punch... not even in a middle school fight.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Don't give a crap how it looked. Rapp is constantly taking bad angles on tackles
and his coverage is not good.
Jalen is here to win and is fed up with Rapp making the same mistakes time and again.
If anything it pissed Rapp off and made him play better.
And I would have no problem with Jalen staying on his ass and doing whatever it takes
to wake Rapp the hell up.
I wish Donald would do the same to Reeder because Reeder cost us a lot of plays once again yesterday
and now that teams know he is back to playing full time they will be targeting him in the flats , over the
middle and running right by him. He is by far the weakest link on our D. I am praying we get Jones back
in the playoffs.

Don't believe me go back and watch the 32yd run against us on film.
And watch Reeder.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Don't give a crap how it looked. Rapp is constantly taking bad angles on tackles
Jalen is here to win and is fed up with Rapp making the same mistakes time and again.
And I would have no problem with Jalen staying on his ass and doing whatever it takes
I wish Donald would do the same to Reeder because Reeder cost us a lot of plays once again yesterday
and now that teams know he is back to playing full time they will be targeting him in the flats , over the
middle and running right by him. He is by far the weakest link on our D. I am praying we get Jones back
in the playoffs.

And watch Reeder.
If anything, it embarrassed Ramsey and made him play worse.

He definitely didn't have a good game.. not for a guy who's supposed to be one of your two best defenders.

Oh.. on that run... what was Ramsey doing? Tried to take a shortcut.. failed to maintain inside leverage.. and opened up that gap.

Slapping a teammate in the face on the field is a joke and I'm sure Ramsey is still embarrassed.

Tano

Legend
in the playoffs.

And watch Reeder.
Yeah I was calling that a bad play by Reeder as well but I also didn't see anyone outside of Robinson. Once the OL grabbed Robinson and wouldn't let go, the runner basically only had to get by Reeder who doesn't have the best range of our linebackers. I still say he is slow as molasses on getting after runners that have broken free.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The Drama.

I have not seen a single mention of this in the media, and I have had BSPN and NFLN on most of the day. Yet here??? After another good win and defensive performance? Shock and horror. Some people just need something to wring their hands over....

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
in the playoffs.

And watch Reeder.
Reeder is a liability but, on that long runRobinson was playing end and took an inside move instead of setting the edge. Not a great play by several people on that one. Luckily they ran him down.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Reeder is a liability but, on that long runRobinson was playing end and took an inside move instead of setting the edge. Not a great play by several people on that one. Luckily they ran him down.
Here it is. Reeder has no clue where the ball is and runs the opposite direction.
The run happened off tackle so has nothing to do with setting the edge.
Had it been a outside run, then I would agree, but this was Middle lB's responsibility all the way.
I see what you're saying about Robinson, they had no OLB on that side which didn't help

View: https://youtu.be/UJJMRwp0LzM?t=554

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The Drama.

I have not seen a single mention of this in the media, and I have had BSPN and NFLN on most of the day. Yet here??? After another good win and defensive performance? Shock and horror. Some people just need something to wring their hands over....

There's been plenty of coverage of it.. especially, you know.. the media that specifically covers the Rams.
Nationally, it's gotten a few mentions.. but, obviously, they're gonna talk way more about the AB meltdown.

Some people just need to feel indignant about others opinions, I guess. Hand wringing over what they see as others' hand wringing, you might say....

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Here it is. Reeder has no clue where the ball is and runs the opposite direction.
Had it been a outside run, then I would agree, but this was Middle lB's responsibility all the way.

Reeder's keyed on the QB there. Seems to be his responsibility if you watch several plays.

So, no... we don't know it was his responsibility.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I see what you're saying about Robinson, they had no OLB on that side which didn't help

Yeah the end zone view shows it a little better. Whoever was supposed to be the edge on that play was MIA.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Drama.

Yeah we argue over some dumb shit but the assumptions in here are all over the map. We don't know what happened, who was at fault, or what they were thinking.

What we do know is Ramsey is a cornerstone player and Rapp is not. So even if he was right Rapp needs to move on. Ramsey being locked in mentally is critical to the team.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I kept a pretty close eye on the defense when they were on the sideline after the incident.
It didn’t look like it carried over the rest of the game. Donald and the coaches kept it from escalating. I didn’t see a kiss and make up between them either. They kept their distance.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'll be honest: I like Rapp a lot as a person, and while he has limitations at safety, maybe you move him inside. He obviously works hard in the offseason, he's a fun personality, and I predicted us drafting him. Still, if it's between him and Ramsey, I'd go with Ramsey every day.

Hitting Rapp is both out-of-line and part of a game where emotions run high. It can be both. Not excused but understood. I honestly hope that both players can reconcile their differences, I really do.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll be honest: I like Rapp a lot as a person, and while he has limitations at safety, maybe you move him inside. He obviously works hard in the offseason, he's a fun personality, and I predicted us drafting him. Still, if it's between him and Ramsey, I'd go with Ramsey every day.

Hitting Rapp is both out-of-line and part of a game where emotions run high. It can be both. Not excused but understood. I honestly hope that both players can reconcile their differences, I really do.
Agreed and also very interesting to note that both still played every snap on defense. The incident didn't seem to be something they couldn't move beyond and play the rest of the game.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Earlier in the season McVay credited Woods a ton for drawing defenders.

Now OBJ is doing the same thing.

So yes, he is impacting the game.

exactly. any wr is drawing defenders away because they're running routes that need to be covered.

obj making it out like because he is who he is defenders are swarming to him.

i don't know, i guess he rubs me the wrong way. like when he said he'll be the one next season making a record run. like as if stafford will be targeting him more than kupp because he's obj.

TheBunk

Rookie
Much of this thread reads like closet Ramsey haters getting some time to shine. This only seems like a big deal to those very vocal few.

TexasRam

Legend
If anything, it embarrassed Ramsey and made him play worse.

He definitely didn't have a good game.. not for a guy who's supposed to be one of your two best defenders.

Oh.. on that run... what was Ramsey doing? Tried to take a shortcut.. failed to maintain inside leverage.. and opened up that gap.

Slapping a teammate in the face on the field is a joke and I'm sure Ramsey is still embarrassed.
I wouldn’t say Ramsey had a bad game. I think it’s clear he was a little discombobulated on a few plays. But he also has at least 3 critical PBU’s. Not to mention some excellent coverage on Andrews in key spots. Not his best game but still some game changing plays. The Rapp situations defintitely looked to affect his head space at times, despite what Mcvay said after the fact.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I wouldn’t say Ramsey had a bad game. I think it’s clear he was a little discombobulated on a few plays. But he also has at least 3 critical PBU’s. Not to mention some excellent coverage on Andrews in key spots. Not his best game but still some game changing plays. The Rapp situations defintitely looked to affect his head space at times, despite what Mcvay said after the fact.
I think it's fair to say he had a bad game, for him? No?
Not awful, not a catastrophe, just a run of the mill bad game.