Ramsey vs Rapp?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
[W]hen the Rams offense was on the field, Rapp stayed at one end of the bench and the rest of the defensive backs at the other.

I don't know if this is just regular Rapp or Rapp's reaction to the facemask shove, but seems odd.

Couple of comments seem right:

I recall Demarco making a comment on Around the Horn. He addressed Rapp specifically and told him not to be worried about feeling like he doesn’t fit in.
I do feel bad for Rapp, it seems like he's the outcast.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Whatever happens shouldn't be announced to the public.

At my work I constantly have a woman that reports to me complaining that there are never any ramifications for others on the team if they do something wrong. I have to keep telling her that there are ramifications, even if she doesn't see them. It's not her job to be tracking that shit and no manager of people that is worth anything will flog their employees in public for a mistake. That shit happens behind closed doors.

So, if there are ramifications, it's none of our fucking business. I don't think this is a big deal, but guess what ... It doesn't matter what I think. I'll trust the head coach with the 12-4 record - and a winning season every year he's coached - to know how to best manage his team.

Damn, are you fucking up at work, pissing some lady off? lol

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

“Regardless of what anybody can ever say or any stat line, I know that I’m affecting the game,” said Beckham, who has five touchdown catches in seven games. “And when you know you’re affecting the game and someone else is getting open and eating, it’s just a wonderful feeling, especially [when it’s] your brother in the receiver room.

sorry to break it to you odell, kupp doesn't need anybody to get open. he does it on his own and has been since he entered the league.

stop trying to ride on his coattails.

rapp looks like he's ready for round 2. any aggressive movement and he was ready to pounce.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That is where I'm getting it from.
That’s a pretty general statement about leadership. Don’t think you should have taken that to mean the rams defense would have allowed less field goals if it weren’t for that Jalen Ramsey moment.

You seem to be connecting two occurrences that are not mutually exclusive. The Rams defense played well AND Jalen Ramsey hit Taylor Rapp. By no accounts did the Rams defense play well BECAUSE Jalen Ramsey hit Taylor Rapp so not sure what you think “worked”. They weren’t playing poorly prior. Neither Taylor nor Jalen had particularly memorable games anyway so to take this as some moment that righted the ship has no basis.

Jalen has a history of disliking Rapp and he clearly lost his cool yesterday when he hit one of his teammates in the head mid drive which is not something I want to see out of my team leaders.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
Jalen could have hurt his hand, then where would we be. Glad he didn't, those helmets are pretty protective from a hand slap. May be Rapp will pay attention moving forward. Hand slap? We're talking about a hand slap? Go rams...so

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto

“Regardless of what anybody can ever say or any stat line, I know that I’m affecting the game,” said Beckham, who has five touchdown catches in seven games. “And when you know you’re affecting the game and someone else is getting open and eating, it’s just a wonderful feeling, especially [when it’s] your brother in the receiver room.

sorry to break it to you odell, kupp doesn't need anybody to get open. he does it on his own and has been since he entered the league.

rapp looks like he's ready for round 2. any aggressive movement and he was ready to pounce.

I don't think he's riding his coat tail. He's being honest. Have a hard time believing if it was just Kupp/Jeff/Skro that Kupp would still be doing what he's doing. OBj makes the defense have to account for someone else. And that's nothing against Kupp.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In Fox's news coverage, I saw Donald, Morris, and a couple of other players take Rapp to the side. It had to be something he said to Ramsey. Nonetheless, Ramsey showed his ass a bit at a time where it was really uncalled for yesterday. Take that stuff to the locker room, and don't let it play out in front of the other team.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It seemed to have started before the previous play. The two looked like they were arguing about where to line up or who was supposed to cover which receiver.

Isn’t that where Jordan Fuller comes in?

I hope Ramsey doesn’t get by with no warnings because of who he is. That is how stuff gets rolling and snowballs. Donald loves that Eric Henderson is not afraid to call him out. I don’t think Ramsey is the same type.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No clue what went on there but you could tell Ramsey was pissed off about something the play right before. He wasn't covering anyone on his side of the field. Regardless of what it was, you don't throw punches in a huddle. Take it to the sideline and have your words. Fox showed Morris talking to each of them on the sidelines and it looked like he was laying it into Rapp more so than Ramsey.
If you are going to be pissed, you better not get burned, like Ramsey did on the deep throw to brown…got caught trying to jump a route….nobody is perfect…Rapp is not as skilled in coverage, but helps mightily in the run game.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What gets me is that everyone is assuming that rapp was in the wrong ..big thing to me was Donald’s reaction .. that’s a ducking leader right there I mean I love what ramsey … but still showing he can be so fucking immature and bitchy … I mean falling out with team mates probably happens all the time .. maybe rapp called ramsey on some bullshit and that’s why ramsey lashes out ? … maybe ramsey was in the wrong place and rapp told him … they obviously aren’t fans of each other and they don’t need to be … rapp isn’t a cover safety never was never will be

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Earlier in the season McVay credited Woods a ton for drawing defenders.

Now OBJ is doing the same thing.

So yes, he is impacting the game.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What gets me is that everyone is assuming that rapp was in the wrong ..big thing to me was Donald’s reaction .. that’s a ducking leader right there I mean I love what ramsey … but still showing he can be so fucking immature and bitchy … I mean falling out with team mates probably happens all the time .. maybe rapp called ramsey on some bullshit and that’s why ramsey lashes out ? … maybe ramsey was in the wrong place and rapp told him … they obviously aren’t fans of each other and they don’t need to be … rapp isn’t a cover safety never was never will be

Rapp is a mediocre to poor football player who is, IMO, constantly out of position in coverage.

Ramsey is consistently in the correct spot.

My guess is that Rapp thought he was in the wrong place, but was wrong himself. Hence Ramsey's frustration.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If it had been the other way around after Ramsey’s fuck up on the pass to the TE. The world would be on fire.

Chump move by Ramsey, he needs to face some consequence at the very least a public apology.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't like what I saw, but I equally don't know enough to be able to say any more about it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Well that's an odd read into what he said. But do you really believe OBJ doesn't take one of their better DBs with him? Kupp is great at getting separation - no doubt. But when a guy is scoring 5 TDs in 7 games, you are going to game plan for him.
I don't see him trying to take credit for Kupp's game. I see him saying it feels good to be a part of it - which he is.

I for one like what I'm seeing from OBJ, including when he's not being targeted. I see him getting in the way of defenders, blocking down field, and really doing his best to take up the void left by Woody's injury.

I was very skeptical at the signing. But I sure like having him on our side.