Ramsey vs Rapp?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
He hit his face mask. More damage is done when celebrating. It looks bad, but it has blown over. Me and my brothers had some vicious fights, but it never Broke our bond. People are so quick to judge other people with no info, like they are perfect.

Nothing to see here people.
But you don't fight your brother during a fight with someone else. Time and a place. This slap is absolutely nothing if it happens at practice. But it happened in the middle of a game, and that's not good.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
But you don't fight your brother during a fight with someone else. Time and a place. This sshit outlap is absolutely nothing if it happens at practice. But it happened in the middle of a game, and that's not good.
Unless it turns into something bigger, I don't give a shit. you have a problem you work it out. I would prefer no violence, but they are playing a violent sport and adrenaline is hi. When you are on the outside looking in you have no clue as to what went on or how you would react if you were in that situation. Some players like to play angry and mean and get themselves all worked up. It just doesn't turn off. So yeah this is no big deal.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Remember when the 49ers beat us on that 3rd and 16 deep ball a couple years ago? Ramsey turned and yelled at Rapp on that play for his rookie mistake. Has there been more times we don't know about with these two? Was there bad blood brewing between them that led up to this?

I hope it wasn't Rapp showing Ramsey he can't tell him what to do on the field. Ramsey has a lot more knowledge and experience. If he was pulling a Kobe thing where he demands better from his teammates I'd be ok with it. Although I wish Ramsey woulda waited till they got on the sideline.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Unless it turns into something bigger, I don't give a shit. you have a problem you work it out. I would prefer no violence, but they are playing a violent sport and adrenaline is hi. When you are on the outside looking in you have no clue as to what went on or how you would react if you were in that situation. Some players like to play angry and mean and get themselves all worked up. It just doesn't turn off. So yeah this is no big deal.
Agree with you there. If nothing else happens, no biggie. But its not acceptable behavior and should be acknowledged as such, behind closed doors, by the coaching staff. Hopefully they all handle it and we forget about this.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It doesn't matter if he has a key or not when the ball is being handed
to the RB right in front of his eyes. I could understand it if the QB had his back
to the line of scrimmage at the hand off. But it happened right in front of him.

Your response reminds me of the press conference he had after a game
earlier in the year before he was benched. He had like 7 missed tackles in that game
and actually responded to the press that he thought he had played a pretty good game.

Sorry, really easy to say that when we have the elevated camera angle to see the football and where it's going. Reeder is staying on his key and his responsibility. Based on several plays I watched, his number one job on those RPO type plays was to tag the QB.

I'm happy to criticize Reeder when he's bad.. but that's not the case on this play. In fact, it was schemed right and the players just didn't execute. Look at the numbers they had where the ball went and the fact that Ramsey and Scott basically both got knocked out of the play by a WR.

Your response reminds me of people who want to make other people look bad by using bad analogies.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
For all the people saying "Rapp sucks so he deserves it", it's kinda funny that McVay credited him and Gaines with the biggest play on defense for the day.
2nd and goal on the 3 yard line.. he shoots the gap and blows up the play for a 3 yard loss.

Team game, guys... team game.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Sorry, really easy to say that when we have the elevated camera angle to see the football and where it's going. Reeder is staying on his key and his responsibility. Based on several plays I watched, his number one job on those RPO type plays was to tag the QB.

I'm happy to criticize Reeder when he's bad.. but that's not the case on this play. In fact, it was schemed right and the players just didn't execute. Look at the numbers they had where the ball went and the fact that Ramsey and Scott basically both got knocked out of the play by a WR.

Your response reminds me of people who want to make other people look bad by using bad analogies.
LOL. He doesn't need me to make him look bad. He is a liability and that concerns me. don't take it so personal.

I will stop making bad analogies if you will stop making bad apologies for reality.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
LOL. He doesn't need me to make him look bad. He is a liability and that concerns me. don't take it so personal.

I will stop making bad analogies if you will stop making bad apologies for reality.
I believe this is the straw man portion of the argument.

I'm not arguing Reeder is good, though, fortunately, he's played really well, for him, since Jones was hurt. He's what he is.. an NFL backup level ILB.

But what you're pinning on him is wrong.

A'Shawn over pursued.. that edge is his responsibility.. and Long and Ramsey just blew it. It was an RPO and Reeder stayed on him and had contain on the outside play... one guy to cover one guy.

Ramsey and Long were both on the run side and got taken out by poor angles and one WR.

Reeder followed this patter on multiple plays.. Huntley was his responsibility on the RPO. Sorry, but you're wrong.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Here is why LA Rams Jalen Ramsey rapped Taylor Rapp in Week 17 win​

by Bret Stuter1 day ago Follow @milroyigglesfan

LA Rams News Jalen Ramsey Taylor Rapp

The replay ruling​

The first completion was to WR Rashad Bateman at the sidelines, covered by Rams DB Darious Williams, good for 15 yards and a first down. The second completion was on the fourth play of the drive to WR Marquise Brown for 13 yards and another Ravens first down. You can check out the play-by-play for yourself at this link for the NFL Games Video site. Now let’s describe the play that led to the fracas.

The dispute between Jalen Ramsey and Taylor Rapp began on the very next play (at the 4:00 mark in the video at the above website if you are following along). The Rams defense was facing another first and 10 from their own 44-yard line, and the defense faced a Ravens offense that was heavy to their right, away from Rapp who was playing deep, all the way back to the LA Rams 32-yard line.
  • The configuration bothered Ramsey pre-snap at the 4:24 mark, who clearly asked Rapp why he was playing so deep on the play? Even inside linebacker Troy Reeder turned to Ramsey and then Rapp, and pointed to a spot that lie about eight yards in front of the spot Rapp had chosen, indicating that Rapp was playing too deep. Rapp’s depth forces Ramsey to slide over to cover the void where Rapp was intended to line up. It was a miss by Rapp.
  • The very next Baltimore Raven’s play was a run, and Rapp’s insistence on playing 15 yards off the line of scrimmage and forcing Ramsey to change his alignment to cover Rapp’s spot placed both defensive backs too far to provide any run support on the next play. When it was over, Rapp and Ramsey had further discussions about the misalignment.
  • As the camera panned off Rapp and Ramsey at the 4:38 mark, it was obvious that Ramsey was infuriated with Rapp’s excuse. It was after that running play where the officials stopped the clock and the telecast cited the fact that two Rams had to be broken up in the huddle at the 4:50 mark of the video.
That’s the way it went down.

After rewatching the play a dozen or so times, it was obvious that Rapp was playing to his own cadence and he redirected Ramsey to a spot that offered no defensive support for the rest of the team that had to go nine on 11 to stop a running play. During my rewind-play review of the action, I also grew a bit frustrated by Rapp on that play.

Perhaps that frustration was not unique to me? If that was the reason for Ramsey’s ire, then I for one feel that it was warranted. I have not been particularly impressed with Taylor Rapp’s coverage skills nor the frequency in which he runs himself out of the play and away from the receiver he should be covering. In fact, I am quite certain that I am not the only one to feel that way. Still, a slap or punch of a teammate in a huddle during a game is a rather extreme measure.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Here is why LA Rams Jalen Ramsey rapped Taylor Rapp in Week 17 win​

by Bret Stuter1 day ago Follow @milroyigglesfan

LA Rams News Jalen Ramsey Taylor Rapp

The replay ruling​

The first completion was to WR Rashad Bateman at the sidelines, covered by Rams DB Darious Williams, good for 15 yards and a first down. The second completion was on the fourth play of the drive to WR Marquise Brown for 13 yards and another Ravens first down. You can check out the play-by-play for yourself at this link for the NFL Games Video site. Now let’s describe the play that led to the fracas.

The dispute between Jalen Ramsey and Taylor Rapp began on the very next play (at the 4:00 mark in the video at the above website if you are following along). The Rams defense was facing another first and 10 from their own 44-yard line, and the defense faced a Ravens offense that was heavy to their right, away from Rapp who was playing deep, all the way back to the LA Rams 32-yard line.
  • The configuration bothered Ramsey pre-snap at the 4:24 mark, who clearly asked Rapp why he was playing so deep on the play? Even inside linebacker Troy Reeder turned to Ramsey and then Rapp, and pointed to a spot that lie about eight yards in front of the spot Rapp had chosen, indicating that Rapp was playing too deep. Rapp’s depth forces Ramsey to slide over to cover the void where Rapp was intended to line up. It was a miss by Rapp.
  • The very next Baltimore Raven’s play was a run, and Rapp’s insistence on playing 15 yards off the line of scrimmage and forcing Ramsey to change his alignment to cover Rapp’s spot placed both defensive backs too far to provide any run support on the next play. When it was over, Rapp and Ramsey had further discussions about the misalignment.
  • As the camera panned off Rapp and Ramsey at the 4:38 mark, it was obvious that Ramsey was infuriated with Rapp’s excuse. It was after that running play where the officials stopped the clock and the telecast cited the fact that two Rams had to be broken up in the huddle at the 4:50 mark of the video.
That’s the way it went down.

After rewatching the play a dozen or so times, it was obvious that Rapp was playing to his own cadence and he redirected Ramsey to a spot that offered no defensive support for the rest of the team that had to go nine on 11 to stop a running play. During my rewind-play review of the action, I also grew a bit frustrated by Rapp on that play.

Perhaps that frustration was not unique to me? If that was the reason for Ramsey’s ire, then I for one feel that it was warranted. I have not been particularly impressed with Taylor Rapp’s coverage skills nor the frequency in which he runs himself out of the play and away from the receiver he should be covering. In fact, I am quite certain that I am not the only one to feel that way. Still, a slap or punch of a teammate in a huddle during a game is a rather extreme measure.
Anybody try the link and follow it through to be able to watch the video?

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
I believe this is the straw man portion of the argument.

I'm not arguing Reeder is good, though, fortunately, he's played really well, for him, since Jones was hurt. He's what he is.. an NFL backup level ILB.

But what you're pinning on him is wrong.

A'Shawn over pursued.. that edge is his responsibility.. and Long and Ramsey just blew it. It was an RPO and Reeder stayed on him and had contain on the outside play... one guy to cover one guy.

Ramsey and Long were both on the run side and got taken out by poor angles and one WR.

Reeder followed this patter on multiple plays.. Huntley was his responsibility on the RPO. Sorry, but you're wrong.

according to your understanding of keys ,are you saying that reeder was supposed to follow huntley,
regardless of where the ball is?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
according to your understanding of keys ,are you saying that reeder was supposed to follow huntley,
regardless of where the ball is?

it looked like reeder fell hook, line and sinker for the jet sweep.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
There is an extremely good article on The Athletic by Jordan Rodrigue about Ramsey. I recommend 10/10.