Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Regardless of what happens with Ramsey the Rams need two things:

1. A legit blindside threat.

2. Influx of talent in the secondary.

Now it can to some extent be a "one or the other" situation, where the defense could be settled if one is met. Which is to say good enough defense not necessarily a great defense. Also with limited resources plus McVay needing offensive talent added at LG (minimum) and TE, it is unlikely both get addressed sufficiently to upgrade them.

So it is that I see DBs as the best approach. Bring in one good safety option and another good young corner and we'd be way better off.

But who knows maybe they get lucky and hit big on an edge in the draft. And due to AD's presence if that happens it will again mask the secondary's issues greatly.

For Edge, I'm still hoping for a big trade. The Rams were willing to give up 2 first round draft picks in 2024 & 2025 for a top young Edge rusher at the trade deadline, perhaps those thoughts are still part of our not so distant method.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
For Edge, I'm still hoping for a big trade. The Rams were willing to give up 2 first round draft picks in 2024 & 2025 for a top young Edge rusher at the trade deadline, perhaps those thoughts are still part of our not so distant method.
I would not complain if that happens. They're gonna need to get creative to restock this roster in one offseason and will end up with holes at certain spots no matter what they do. Because it's not realistic to think they can hit on every random pick they throw at a position group.

I want to go on about TE and what hitting on it could do for us but not in this thread. Either way this should be one epic offseason for us. It's gonna be fun buckle up. :beer2::woozy2:

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Trades are the worst way to get talent. You have to overpay for them in the currency of future young talent that is essentially ........free in the form of draft picks. And traded players are quite frequently on their second contracts, the worst value.
Front office, do you job right and the most important part of it is drafting young talent keeping your team well stocked.
Build through the draft while acquiring players though reasonable trades that do not gut your team.
Like the Faulk trade. A smart one.
This is not Fantasy Football.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don’t see it either because he is good for the youngsters.
What happens to Nick Scott,everyone is worried about a player under contract.
Ramsey getting traded ? Worry about him when Nick Scott is the player who is not under contract & becomes a Free Agent inappropriate to worry about?
Here is a guy who Bones liked coming out of the draft as a RB & raw CB. A 5th rd pick & just really played well with Eric Weedle who mentored him his rookie season & won a Superbowl together.
He was a starter in 2022 & played teams. Got hurt and still comes back.Is The Rams player rep & gives back to the community. — whatever?

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'm going to be SO livid when we trade Ramsey.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Demoff should be keeping his mouth shut. This is not a good look for a front office.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
Demoff should be keeping his mouth shut. This is not a good look for a front office.
Reminds me of Dallas and Amari Cooper. Some asshole in Dallas leaked that they were going to cut him if they didn't trade him. And ended up only getting a 6th RD pick or something.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I just don’t see it. The team is trying to win now with AD, Stafford and McVay. Jalen is a big part of that.

Now factor in the fact that a post June 1st trade really is the only cap beneficial option for the Rams and even more the answer is no. The rams would want draft picks now not future ones.

Maybe he can have his deal restructured before the draft in order to facilitate a (cap beneficial) trade by the Rams - I have no idea if that’s even possible. Seems unlikely.

Now next season….I definitely can see a trade happening if the Rams don’t win big in 2023.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
Of course teams are going to call about all our good players, especially after a down year and the cap situation we're in.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just read an article that said San Diego might cut Kahlil Mack, since Herbert will cost them 50 million plus a huge signing bonus, and the Rams might be the perfect landing spot. Make it happen Snead!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jets fans saying they're trading for Stafford too. Chill out with the panic :D

Antonius

Pro Bowler
I just read an article that said San Diego might cut Kahlil Mack, since Herbert will cost them 50 million plus a huge signing bonus, and the Rams might be the perfect landing spot. Make it happen Snead!

The only time I hear his name anymore is when he’s getting cut/traded

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
That would be very nice. He wasn't the game wrecker he has been in the past last year, but, teamed up with Donald and Floyd, I think he could thrive. Not sure I see the Renters cutting him though, they just traded for him last offseason already knowing Herbert would be due a raise.