Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You could get a late 1st from a contender and a 3rd and maybe a late pick. This spread over two drafts.

Might get more if you defer the 1st until next yr.
Sounds about right, which is why I'd say NFW....

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Aint happening. That's more than what the Rams traded to get him.
Probably would be more like a couple 2nd-4th round picks, which NFW do your trade him
Yeah i know it. If that was the offer, they'd be asking for at least our 2nd back I'd think. Was trying to get a gauge on what people would accept and not be furious about Jalen being gone.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Rams Executive Has Honest Comment About Jalen Ramsey​

The Los Angeles Rams' blockbuster trade for Jalen Ramsey in 2019 proved crucial to the team's Super Bowl win in 2021. But after their down 2022 season, his status with the team is far from certain.

Speaking to NFL Network's Bridget Condon, Rams COO Kevin Demoff hinted that the Rams are listening to trade offers for the six-time All-Star cornerback. He said that the front office will "see what direction this team goes" before making a decision but is thankful for Ramsey's contributions to the team.

"Jalen’s been a huge piece of what we’ve done and I think, for all of our players, it’s going to be about figuring out what’s best moving forward,” Demoff said. “When you are a team like the Rams who have had success, we have a lot of great players. People are always inquiring about our talent. It’s not just Jalen, we get calls on all of our good players all the time. The next few months, we’ll see what direction this team goes, but could not be more grateful for Jalen for what he’s done for the Rams leading this defense.”

Ramsey has hinted in recent weeks that he may be anticipating the team trading him as they try to get under the cap. He has a $24 million cap hit if the team cuts him, so that's out of the question.

View: https://twitter.com/bridgetcondon_/status/1626244107357261832?s=61&t=P1ecv67FOZzgeaL8kXJIIw

In his 3.5 seasons with the Los Angeles Rams, Jalen Ramsey has maintained his status as one of the elite cornerbacks in the NFL. This past year he had a career-high 18 passes defended, two sacks and 88 tackles.

For his efforts, Ramsey made his sixth straight Pro Bowl.

But the Rams can't afford to keep everyone from their Super Bowl on the team. Not if they want to field one for the 2023 season.

Will Jalen Ramsey be traded this offseason? If so, where will he go?

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Moving Ramsey would likely be a huge mistake. Every player has a price, but for Ramsey, I would only move him for a very big return.

This secondary was already poor with Jalen. I'd hate to see it without him. Despite the haters, he is still playing at a high level, and I think has at least another year or two left of high level play.

If the Rams want to re-load as opposed to re-build, and I do think this core has at least another year or two left in it to contend, then moving Ramsey would likely be a step in the WRONG direction and send the wrong message to the players.

We shall see though. Maybe a team offers a high pick for him, and the Rams can draft a young elite CB. I would not hold my breath on finding another Sauce Gardiner, but a player in that vein, even if not as good, I think you have to think long and hard about taking that trade. Can you find a young CB that can lock down players now, provide more longevity, and comes on a rookie contract? Of course, then you have to hit on the pick..... Ramsey is a sure thing at a must-have position, so if the Rams do look to move him, he should have big value.

Last edited:

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Raheem can't coach a secondary with Ramsey, can you imagine how much shittier it'll be without Ramsey?!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Sounds about right, which is why I'd say NFW....
Well you have to factor in what you can also add with his cap dollars.

So is he worth 3 solid vets and those picks? Or maybe one really good young vet and those picks?

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Raheem can't coach a secondary with Ramsey, can you imagine how much shittier it'll be without Ramsey?!
Playing Ramsey 15 yards off WR's on 3rd and 5's means he's not utilizing Ramsey as he should. Is he as valuable in our system in that scheme? Some might say no. Ramsey is an excellent press man corner. How often does Morris let him do that? He plays him like he's an inferior CB already.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well you have to factor in what you can also add with his cap dollars.

So is he worth 3 solid vets and those picks? Or maybe one really good young vet and those picks?
Only saving 5.6 mill in cap space, not getting 3 vets at that number. And while we're at it, we would be losing one of the best ever

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Only saving 5.6 mill in cap space, not getting 3 vets at that number. And while we're at it, we would be losing one of the best ever
Talking about along with 24' savings when you lose his entire $25M cap number.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
This secondary was already poor with Jalen. I'd hate to see it without him. Despite the haters, he is still playing at a high level, and I think has at least another year or two left of high level play.
I remember when Deion Sanders began to decline…Ramsey is not at that point.

Keep him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Playing Ramsey 15 yards off WR's on 3rd and 5's means he's not utilizing Ramsey as he should. Is he as valuable in our system in that scheme? Some might say no. Ramsey is an excellent press man corner. How often does Morris let him do that? He plays him like he's an inferior CB already.
I don't think he has misused Ramsey. I think he has dealt with Ramsey's diminishing talent by helping him not to get burnt as much.

Had he lined Ramsey up on the LOS sometimes he'd get his hands on the wideout and he'd win because he is very strong. But when he doesn't a good wideout is gone. Morris knows that.

But once again here's the thing with Morris sticking around... What is the type of corner he wants. Does he want a cover 2 zone type who can swoop with anticipation and tackle well. Or does he want a cover and ball skills type. And more importantly what does McVay want. Because Morris might be gone next year to a job or firing if he sucks this year. Then what. So the team ideally would have an ideal vision of what they want to play and try to get those types. I think that needs to be aligned this offseason.

Hoping they go more with cover and ball skills. I want guys who can pick balls over the middle and punish shitty QBs like whoever is behind center for the Shitters.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
A stupid ass decision by trading Ramsey is going to further heighten my suspicion that Brad Holmes was the man behind the team building moreso than Snead.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I don’t think we trade him because no team’s gonna offer what we’d require in order to make the trade

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
I don’t think we trade him because no team’s gonna offer what we’d require in order to make the trade
And not to mention it'll create a massive hole that'd already a hole. It's be the dumbest shit they could do.

Ram65

Legend
As stated before the Rams don't save much before a June 1 trade of Ramsey. You don't know the offers but, a trade after June 1 gives the Rams more cap savings. Demoff should hear all offers. It doesn't mean he is looking to trade Ramsey. All things considered, I don't see a trade here.

Last edited:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I don't think he has misused Ramsey. I think he has dealt with Ramsey's diminishing talent by helping him not to get burnt as much.

Had he lined Ramsey up on the LOS sometimes he'd get his hands on the wideout and he'd win because he is very strong. But when he doesn't a good wideout is gone. Morris knows that.

But once again here's the thing with Morris sticking around... What is the type of corner he wants. Does he want a cover 2 zone type who can swoop with anticipation and tackle well. Or does he want a cover and ball skills type. And more importantly what does McVay want. Because Morris might be gone next year to a job or firing if he sucks this year. Then what. So the team ideally would have an ideal vision of what they want to play and try to get those types. I think that needs to be aligned this offseason.

Hoping they go more with cover and ball skills. I want guys who can pick balls over the middle and punish shitty QBs like whoever is behind center for the Shitters.
I highly disagree with your point here. Ramsey is still a top notch CB in this league. We'd be dumb to trade him.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
And not to mention it'll create a massive hole that'd already a hole. It's be the dumbest shit they could do.
I'm with you 1000% here. This is the classic the grass isn't greener on the other side situation. People are crazy to think he's washed up.