Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm pissed at McVay. He didn't have to say anything publicly about getting his head together and maybe not coming back to coach. He could have sat on that. Now we have all these ugly rumors of players quitting because their coach might quit.

Thanks Sean.

america finger GIF

TexasRam

Legend
I never once said Ramsey lost a step because I don't believe he has.

He was simply expected to do too many things and played out of position.

He should primarily be playing on the edge or he is going to be rusty there.

The dude was at career highs in tackles, sacks and interceptions.

Keep him around unless you are doing a full rebuild.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I love Ramsey. But he has declined. And his decline is potentially going to accelerate as it often does with corners, given the importance of speed. The translation for us is that he is not going to be worth what we pay him.

This is the window to move him. Rams can still get something for him right now. This time next year all we'll get is cap hits.

There is potential to move him to safety, but that comes with a contract hit for him that he would probably not accept. Only other option is to play him via scheme to allow him protections with safety coverage but that also means a contract hit.

It is always sad to see a great player decline but we are there with Jalen and the team has to decide if they're going to be ruthless as they have consistently been under McVay with guys who do not play up to their contracts. Or if they're going to be sentimental and allow it to hurt the quality of the team we field.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Welp...

McVay is staying and there's no way in hell McVay lets Ramsey go, so this is a nothing burger now...

Time for the draft gurus to start working on those mocks!!!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think Ramsey is an All-Pro safety.. the kind you can build a secondary around.
Like Fitzpatrick.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
When asked about Ramsey’s mistakes Raheem Morris always says that we don’t know all that he is asked to do. So we don’t see all that he is doing right.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think Ramsey is an All-Pro safety.. the kind you can build a secondary around.
Like Fitzpatrick.
Yeah - ok tell Jalen that!! Wtf

Sounds great though,but why? He is in his prime & one of the best CB’s in football.

Don’t know if your still watching football,but Metcalf sure looked good the next week after Jalen shut him down pretty much & had 2 picks.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
When asked about Ramsey’s mistakes Raheem Morris always says that we don’t know all that he is asked to do. So we don’t see all that he is doing right.

Well yeah & guess what ? When asked to rush on a Corner blitz he got his first NFL sack & did it in back 2 back games.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Keeps popping up that the Rams might look to move Ramsey.. am I the only one who thinks this wound be such an awful idea? An already weak group of CBs and weak Safeties and you'd want to trade one of the best in the game and absolutely deplete a soft ass secondary? I don't buy it. I'd be so livid.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Keeps popping up that the Rams might look to move Ramsey.. am I the only one who thinks this wound be such an awful idea? An already weak group of CBs and weak Safeties and you'd want to trade one of the best in the game and absolutely deplete a soft ass secondary? I don't buy it. I'd be so livid.
Agree, would be a dumb move.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Keeps popping up that the Rams might look to move Ramsey.. am I the only one who thinks this wound be such an awful idea?
No I think you are safely in the majority on that one.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Does any Ram fan want to trade Ramsey? Absolutely not. Does every Ram fan think he's going to retire a Ram? I don't think that'll happen.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We got to free up money somewhere. It sucks. I hope it’s not Ramsey but I could say the same about all the guys in the crosshairs.