GAME DAY Rams vs Cowboys Pre-Season Game 1 / 4:30pm ET

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
After re-watching the interceptions I seriously wonder if Stetson's height caused at least a couple of those to happen. Especially that last one was so blatantly bad but taking a screenshot of when he starts to throw this ball and he's got some big dudes right in front of him. This doesn't forgive it because he'll have to learn to work around this handicap if he wants to keep playing but just wondering. When he rolls out or the pocket or the pocket opened up in front of him it seemed like he was money.
1723469215955.png

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Throwing over the middle is a staple of McVay’s offense. Bennett doesn’t seem to be able to see the field well enough to master that skill. I don’t see the fit for the Rams.

Maybe I’m biased because I didn’t like the pick from day one. Four INTs don’t push me towards the Bennett camp. It took me right back to the Goff days.

Oyster

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bennett's four ints were pretty bad. The scramble and the TD pass is what he used to pull off at Georgia. Can't teach that.

Learning from his ints is teachable. He's our third string, but his intangibles has me interested in him as a project.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How great was Karty? Drilled his kicks, no doubters
Im sure we'll suffer thru some rookie pains and overall kicker fatigue, but it was pretty cool to just expect to see the pigskin flying between the uprights

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Bennet had 3 of the 4 INTs because he didn't see the cover man sitting right there underneath or in the box he was throwing to. His height could be looked at, but there were tall guys in college, and he didn't do it a lot there.

I am ok with it because these glorified practice sessions are where you want to see it and work on it. It is frustrating seeing the replay and looking at the Dallas CB just standing there out in the open and Bennett never sees them.

People keep saying that if the Rams get stuck with Bennett after a Stafford injury for two games we are done. If the Rams are done because of two games, then it doesn't matter who is QB.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
How great was Karty? Drilled his kicks, no doubters
Im sure we'll suffer thru some rookie pains and overall kicker fatigue, but it was pretty cool to just expect to see the pigskin flying between the uprights
I was hoping they would test him when they had a 4th down in Cowboy territory. Would have been a 46-47 yard try. But they went for it and got the first down. He ended up making a shorter field goal on that drive. I think they went for it again instead of a 52 yard try. I just want a guy you aren't nervous about every time they line up for a 45 yard field goal. Hopefully Karty is that guy. He did make the 39 yarder look easy.

Tano

Legend
That screen run down is such a big brain play it makes me smile. 10 year veterans will still sprint to the QB mindlessly in a "not my job" mentality. The fact he immediately recognizes and immediately runs down the RB is elite.
Hungry Chef GIF by Rosanna Pansino
That was awesome to see. He had a clear path to the QB and immediately saw the screen.

Bravo.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Looks like I might have to eat some crow over Bruss and will be glad to do it.
Happy for him if the kid makes the team and would be great to see him string a couple good preseason games together but I doubt you have to eat much crow, was a high 2nd round pick years ago. As it stands, it's not even looking like he'll be a top backup - those would be Noteboom, Thomas, and McClendon (and Limmer).

Hope he finds some peace with his NFL journey because this is gonna be about what it's going to be.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Happy for him if the kid makes the team and would be great to see him string a couple good preseason games together but I doubt you have to eat much crow, was a high 2nd round pick years ago. As it stands, it's not even looking like he'll be a top backup -
Bruss was actually a low-3rd Round draft choice. Believe he was a compensatory pick.

You’re right that he has been a disappointment.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Happy for him if the kid makes the team and would be great to see him string a couple good preseason games together but I doubt you have to eat much crow, was a high 2nd round pick years ago. As it stands, it's not even looking like he'll be a top backup - those would be Noteboom, Thomas, and McClendon (and Limmer).

Hope he finds some peace with his NFL journey because this is gonna be about what it's going to be.
He was pick 104.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Oline guys.. how good was Limmer?
I just wonder what the best Oline alignment would be if Jackson is out long.. and moving Avila back to guard would seem like one option.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I dont know his situation but....
It might have been the first game Bennett has played 100% sober in a long time.... he might have felt nerves he's not used to....
I don't know but I'm willing to see what he looks like in the next game
I doubt this seriously. But if it were even partially true/fact, then that’s the last kind of guy and character I want leading my team at QB.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I doubt this seriously. But if it were even partially true/fact, then that’s the last kind of guy and character I want leading my team at QB.

What do you think was the reason he needed to take a year away and get some mental health treatment etc?

It's incredibly easy for some people to find out they have an alcohol issue.
If* that was the case, and he has it behind him and is doing everything possible to win McVays trust, then I'll wait and see what coach and Les decide...

But I'm purely speculating on a pretty atypical situation