GAME DAY Rams vs Cowboys Pre-Season Game 1 / 4:30pm ET

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bennet had 3 of the 4 INTs because he didn't see the cover man sitting right there underneath or in the box he was throwing to. His height could be looked at, but there were tall guys in college, and he didn't do it a lot there.

I am ok with it because these glorified practice sessions are where you want to see it and work on it. It is frustrating seeing the replay and looking at the Dallas CB just standing there out in the open and Bennett never sees them.

People keep saying that if the Rams get stuck with Bennett after a Stafford injury for two games we are done. If the Rams are done because of two games, then it doesn't matter who is QB.
I myself said after 4 games. 0-4 is a playoff death sentence.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
After re-watching the interceptions I seriously wonder if Stetson's height caused at least a couple of those to happen. Especially that last one was so blatantly bad but taking a screenshot of when he starts to throw this ball and he's got some big dudes right in front of him. This doesn't forgive it because he'll have to learn to work around this handicap if he wants to keep playing but just wondering. When he rolls out or the pocket or the pocket opened up in front of him it seemed like he was money.
View attachment 66693
Good point and good photo to back it up.

Bennett is only 5'11".

There's a reason ppl want NFL QB's that are 6'4".

BTW, just for comparison, Stafford is 6'3", and Jimmy G is 6'2".

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
Both the offensive and defensive lines were Really impressive…it kind of caught me off guard!

I went to preseason games last year and the year before and got so used to the offense not being able to move the ball much and the defense getting run all over. This year seems different!

The backup Oline was a revelation. I was expecting miscommunication and blown assignments but instead they were opening up holes and providing clean pockets, for the majority of the snaps, especially when Beaux Limmer was in there (Hope he’s ok. Back?). And the Defense played with so much energy seems like the chaos I saw the D line create in training camp has continued into the preseason (Chris Shula effect? Verse/Fiske effect?)

Overall a very enjoyable game with a lot to get excited about!

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I mean since the subject of QBs right now is huge. Lets hope we don’t have to rely on any QB backup. Stafford is the only one who can get us that second ring. I do think we need to start investing in getting Bennett better or find a viable QB who can lead this team for the long run. We only got Staff this season and maybe next. Bennett I will admit needs to work on his reads.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I'm hoping Stafford wants a 3 yr deal and its just a matter of the $. He has earned it, and he doesnt sound like he's ready to retire.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brady threw 4 picks in a game on six occasions. How about giving the guy some time to accumulate.
Did he throw 4 picks in a pre-season game against scrubs who at best are hoping to make practice squad? I dont think so....
We can stop with the "he's basically a rookie" bit, as he played last pre-season also, and after a fun start, was dreadful in his last 2 starts.
And now he appears to have picked up right where he left off. A gift of a phantom D holding call saved Stetson the indignity of a 5th INT.
Another poor outing and he's looking at practice squad at best