GAME DAY Rams vs Cowboys Pre-Season Game 1 / 4:30pm ET

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
Nothing turns me off more than 4 picks in a game but he looked decent at times I have to admit. Go rams!

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Speights played well... Tylor Davis too... Davis and Desjuan are real players...

Xavier Smith looked good as well

But yeah...

We need a QB. Bennett isn't it. Really wanted us to draft a joe milton to compete with Bennett. .

But now... figure out how to make a deal with Cleveland...they don't need DTR and Jameis..

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Bennet hasn't played in an NFL game and today was his first action since last preseason. No one likes picks, but I was looking at everything else he did all while considering this was a glorified first day of practice.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
Speights played well... Tylor Davis too... Davis and Desjuan are real players...

Xavier Smith looked good as well

But yeah...

We need a QB. Bennett isn't it. Really wanted us to draft a joe milton to compete with Bennett. .

But now... figure out how to make a deal with Cleveland...they don't need DTR and Jameis..
Trade for a player that under best expectations doesn’t see the field all season long. Yeah that’s intelligent. NOT

Hobgoblin

Rookie
I’ll settle two years with Staff working until he can’t and Bennett as our project. Focus on other areas until Arch Manning in two years.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Trade for a player that under best expectations doesn’t see the field all season long. Yeah that’s intelligent. NOT
In what universe are back up QBs not valuable?

We need a back up QB to compete with Jimmy G ...who it's being reported is struggling in practice... as he did last season in real games. We need a QB to compete for #2... and today Bennett showed he's not likely the guy.

We have an old starting QB whose been hurt before...

We could get DTR for a 3rd or a 4th .. he's better right now the the other 2 guys we have behind Stafford

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Basically, without those picks to set up the finish, we wouldn't have the excitement that exists in this game!! :thinking:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
One thing I loved was the entire DB group.

They tackled well and they seemed to be in the right place at the right time.

Thats a big improvement for the depth of the group. It looks like they should be able to find some good backups in that group and I’m hopeful that the quality of play is permeated throughout the entire defense under Chris Shula.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Whittington was a good. Another day 3 gem.

Tyler Davis too. Another day 3 gem.

I thought the backup line did very well. Especially in pass protection. Holes were not there early on. But by the second quarter Boston Scott was finding some room to run.

Bennett. Well, the finish was nice. He needed that. But the picks. No way you survive that in a regular season game. I expect McVay to let him get back on the horse next game. A chance to redeem himself. Hopefully he does. He showed some good things but 6 points in the first 59 and a half minutes ain't exactly inspiring. I will wait and reserve judgement till after his next two games.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Just curious, when you say "if next game isn't significantly smoother I'd sign a vet", what do you mean by that?
He needs to cut the completions to the defense. I don't mind an occasional INT from forcing it in a tight window. If you mindfuck a QB to be safe above all you end up with a Jeff Fisher offense. But that INT in the four minute cannot happen if you want to be a backup.

Good thing is he gets the boys out of the huddle quick and seems to know the offense. But goal will be quick through progressions and if it's not there throw it away.

Also of note is that he looked quite good when Limmer was in there. Seemed like Limmer going out fucked with his mojo. But early on he was moving the offense well and making throws on key downs. So he's part of the way to where they need him to be just gotta clean things up and not fuck the team with bad decisions.