Rams sign new kicker (Lucas Havrisik) CUT | Rams sign Brett Maher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
So what I'm getting from this is that they both called it in different ways and you are calling Den an alcoholic.
Not Exactly.

Den's suggestion was PRE-signing ... XXXIV comment was POST-signing.

Den suggested Havrisik as an option to the Rams, which was a name out-of-Left-Field in my opinion.

XXXIV suggested Matt Gay's input / influence after it was reported that the Rams were signing Havrisik.

My Den-the-Alcoholic comment was a PRE-Evening cocktails consideration. I don't think clearly later in the day.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
McVay says they're being patient with Lucas and it makes sense.
If he pans out.. you have a cheap kicker under control for a few years. Maher was a one-year guy.. no reason not to move on.

Psycho_X

Legend
McVay says they're being patient with Lucas and it makes sense.
If he pans out.. you have a cheap kicker under control for a few years. Maher was a one-year guy.. no reason not to move on.
If he keeps missing XPs I don't think that patience will last long. But at this point in the season our only options are other young guys with no confidence yet or old dudes as a temporary stop gap. Might as well see if a a young guy can develop I guess. Going to have no confidence until he instills me with some though.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If he keeps missing XPs I don't think that patience will last long. But at this point in the season our only options are other young guys with no confidence yet or old dudes as a temporary stop gap. Might as well see if a a young guy can develop I guess. Going to have no confidence until he instills me with some though.
Weird week for kickers.. felt like I saw a lot of misses you don't usually see.

What I like is that he's got a cannon.. I think consistency can come.. we'll see. Kinda like with Gay.. you don't want to give up too early on a guy with that potential, imo.

pvtdragon39

Rookie
I honestly think he was hard on himself on that missed 54 yarder, and that caused him to not focus and miss the XP. Gay was the exact same way when he was learning. What I noticed is he has a mechanics issue with a curve to the right sharply. Even on XP.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah I'm good with this guy as our kicker. Like the leg and honestly are we going to find an upgrade right now out there? Probably not. Definitely in the "keep developing him" camp.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yeah I'm good with this guy as our kicker. Like the leg and honestly are we going to find an upgrade right now out there? Probably not. Definitely in the "keep developing him" camp.
Until it costs them a game. Let's see how the kid rebounds, but if he struggles against Cleveland, then I pivot and sign Mason Crosby, who they worked out or Matthew Wright off the Falcons practice squad.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
For whatever reason I am still in support of him, lets see how he rebounds. He didn't look on at all even on XP's but I haven't soured ......yet

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
The Rams must like Lucas Havrisik -- or they would have signed reliable 39-year-old veteran kicker Mason Crosby.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Rams must like Lucas Havrisik -- or they would have signed reliable 39-year-old veteran kicker Mason Crosby.
Let’s see if he can bounce back.

All kickers miss a kick and have a bad day, but the best ones always bounce right back. This is a good test.

And… an interesting storyline to Sunday’s game.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
He's definitely got enough leg to be an NFL kicker. But accuracy is another thing. I suppose we have to stick with him for this season. If he rebounds and does well enough the rest of the season then we have our kicker for next year. If not, well, I hope it doesn't cost us a crucial game during a playoff push.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
No kicker is perfect. Even Justin Tucker, widely considered the greatest kicker of all time, misses sometimes (98.7% success rate on XP and 89.9% on FG attempts).

Havrisik has the leg; he now has to work on his accuracy and technique. Yes, he’ll miss a few, but hopefully those misses will reduce with experience.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
He is fine, this is a little bit of "just something to talk about".
He has a lot of talent, a cannon as a matter of fact.
Roll with him for awhile and see what happens.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He misses another kick this weekend and he'll be off the roster by Tuesday