Rams sign new kicker (Lucas Havrisik) CUT | Rams sign Brett Maher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That’s my reading of the situation.

No BRAINER,just posted what should happen.Mcvay is an easy read & no dummy!! He is so basic in his beliefs.

Next season is right around the corner.He builds relationships with his plays.He keeps things pretty open honest.

Over the years he has made cuts or trades for the best of both parties.He’ll fight,support & protect his players.He keeps open honest,but always make sure he doesn’t through anyone under the bus.

Maher is the right choice & Mcvay knows that.He went back & saw the 3 50 yard plus FG’s in a game & probably thought that might have been some kind of Ram record.Why don’t I just call him back up & start fresh.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Definitely take Maher over Havr. But really hope they explore the other options hard.

Why Mcvay stuck with Havr so long? Possible Reasons:

1. Mcvay didn't want to appear like some crazy man. Cutting Kickers every week.
2. Mcvay saw Havr as a good development option due to his big leg. Once Postseason reality entered the picture, K consistency became higher priority over development.
3. Mcvay trusted the evaluators (special teams coach etc.) faith in Havr over what was clear even in pregame practice.
I can’t speak for McVay,
But my thinking was reason #2.

At the time, the playoffs were a low probability.
I figured we should stick with the young, big leg and see if he could work it out.
Sometimes you strike Gold. Most of the time it’s just more dirt, though.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I get what they were doing with Lucas.. they were just wrong. It happens.
Fortunately, it didn't cost them a game.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
New Rams kicker.... Same as the old Rams kicker... :laugh1: