Rams sign new kicker (Lucas Havrisik) CUT | Rams sign Brett Maher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
What happened here?
I posted a gif in response to your "we're rooting for you comment", that bomebadeeda had already used, so I deleted it. :)

giphy (11).gif

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Kickers are fucking weird. We have seen top college kickers implode in the NFL. You just never know with these guys. So maybe he can step up.

What I think happened is we dodged kicker hell with Gay and that got Snead and McVay thinking hey why not do it again. But this time we got snake eyes. This may be the flaw that keeps us from contending for that wildcard.

oldnotdead

Legend
Because they didn't draft a kicker they don't have a lot of choices. This is probably the most expedient choice right now. But you have to know if this guy is just "ok" then they will be drafting a kicker next year. That said, IMO they should have simply focused upon someone who is money under 50 yds. Then coach up Evans to take the 50+ yd kicks.

Better yet if they get close to the 40 then it's 4 down territory as long as it's less than 10 yds to gain. With their passing game it's less risk than a long FG attempt.

Psycho_X

Legend
@Mods
Can we maybe just change the title to "New Kicker" or "Kicker Thread" something similar so we don't get a new one every time we bring in some dude off the street in case this is a weekly drama?

Never mind, too late lol.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I called this one

Well, you called the positive impact of Matt Gay ... Good Job. However, @den-the-coach mentioned Havrisik before the signing when many of us thought ... Who the Hell is Lucas Havrisik, and is Den drinking again!?!

Den really called this one! We are still looking into whether he is drinking again.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Den really called this one! We are still looking into whether he is drinking again.
Two glasses of red win per night during the week. On weekends, well, depends on the company we keep. However, hopefully when it comes to Lucas Havrisik, we will only drink in celebration.

Tano

Legend
Two glasses of red win per night during the week. On weekends, well, depends on the company we keep. However, hopefully when it comes to Lucas Havrisik, we will only drink in celebration.
I have a feeling I will be drinking some hard stuff before he attempts a field goal (and my medical condition does NOT allow me to drink alcohol - I am in deep trouble)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have a feeling I will be drinking some hard stuff before he attempts a field goal (and my medical condition does NOT allow me to drink alcohol - I am in deep trouble)
Chill Just Relax GIF

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Jourdan’s column & 11 personnel segment highlighting McVay’s 4th down decisions against their approach to paying a kicker is great.

Basically… if you’re not going to have an elite kicker, you gotta be more aggressive on 4th downs.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well, you called the positive impact of Matt Gay ... Good Job. However, @den-the-coach mentioned Havrisik before the signing when many of us thought ... Who the Hell is Lucas Havrisik, and is Den drinking again!?!

So what I'm getting from this is that they both called it in different ways and you are calling Den an alcoholic.