Rams sign new kicker (Lucas Havrisik) CUT | Rams sign Brett Maher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I suggested to my wife if it is 4th and short when the Rams are on the other side of the 50 around the 40 or 30, they should just go for it. If I am not mistaken, they use to do this when they were the greatest show on turf.

Tano

Legend
I suggested to my wife if it is 4th and short when the Rams are on the other side of the 50 around the 40 or 30, they should just go for it. If I am not mistaken, they use to do this when they were the greatest show on tuff.
Yeah when they were 4th and 4 at the 34 - I was saying - just go for it - I did not trust Maher to make that 52 yard field goal

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
So his last season at AZ, he had a 90% conversion rate. Maybe we shouldn't panic just yet.

Maher left 7 makeable points on the HOME turf last week in a 7 point loss.

Let's hope this kid doesn't kill us like that.
Worse still, the Steelers got ten points off of those missed field goals.

Havricik would have to be very bad to do that, but at least he’s still young. Maher is old and not good.

oldnotdead

Legend
I've seen Havrisik kick and he's got a very powerful leg that said like all college kickers his issue is consistency. He's not a bad kicker, but he's got his inconsistencies as well. In college he was an average kicker. IMO he's in the NFL because of his leg power. If he has improved his consistency he could be a find. Kicking is all about technique. He's stuck around on practice squads for a couple of years so the teams must have seen something in him.

Hell just set him up on the 40 yd line and have him kick a few hundred balls this week.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
This ain't gonna end well.

Jimmy Fallon No GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I find it a bit odd, that teams have Kickers on practice squads.

How bad of a player must someone be, to lose a spot for an extra kicker?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Well, when the fans want someone cut at least they listen to them.

I suppose if he misses a few 50 plus field goals and an occasional PAT they won't be doing any worse than before. But hey, Evans has a strong leg. He's been kicking off. Try teaching him to kick field goals. Imagine being able to have an extra roster spot on game day if your punter is also your place kicker.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I'm just glad to see a change made. Let's see what the kid can do, if he was kept on a practice squad, he must have potential.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
if he was kept on a practice squad, he must have potential.
That’s how I see it.

You don’t do that normally with kickers.

The light came “on” with Matt Gay at 26. This dude turned 24, just 25 days ago.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That’s how I see it.

You don’t do that normally with kickers.

The light came “on” with Matt Gay at 26. This dude turned 24, just 25 days ago.
It’s definitely a high stress job.

I hope he can pull it off.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We need to start scoring more TDs and quit kicking so many FGs. McVay needs to take his balls out his wife's purse and get more aggressive. I hate playing scared all the time.