Rams select Stetson Bennett (QB) with the 128th pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
My projected regular season stats for Stetson Bennett as a rookie.

Pass attempts: 0
Completions: 0
Yards: 0
TDs: 0
Interceptions: 0

Rushing yards: -10 (from kneel downs he takes on Stafford's behalf in blowout wins).

Tell me you don't hope I'm right!

Well, I am assuming the Rams will have some Blowout Wins that will give Bennett some opportunities to play this season!

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
Hall of Fame QBs have been drafted later… let’s hope the Rams got lucky with this guy.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
You realize many Heisman Trophy winners flopped in the NFL or were just mediocre. Guys like Flutie who suceeeded at every previous level. So you can't always hang your hat on that.
Not sure lil Dougie was a good analogy there. Dude did some good work as a starter in the CFL AND NFL, haha. I'm jes sayin... Give these vertically challenged boys a chance!! I'm a shrinking 5'11 with an all world right arm, so I am passionate about this!!

oldnotdead

Legend
Considering Stafford's injury history I would be surprised if he doesn't come out at some point even if it's for a possession or two over the next two years. But after this season I think Bennett becomes QB3. When Snead said that next year they would return to their fuck them pick ways he sorta tipped his hand. He's anticipating having to trade up for a QB next year. Give him a redshirt rookie year as QB2 and then start him in 2025.

Bennett will be asking for a trade or release in 2025. There should be a market for him even a modest one. Hell he might even get packaged up in the trade up. It's another reason to play him the last two preseason games.

But this year he will be a good QB2 to have. If they keep Rypien on the PS and resign him again after the season before the draft that might be telling.

jjab360

Legend
Considering Stafford's injury history I would be surprised if he doesn't come out at some point even if it's for a possession or two over the next two years. But after this season I think Bennett becomes QB3. When Snead said that next year they would return to their fuck them pick ways he sorta tipped his hand. He's anticipating having to trade up for a QB next year. Give him a redshirt rookie year as QB2 and then start him in 2025.

Bennett will be asking for a trade or release in 2025. There should be a market for him even a modest one. Hell he might even get packaged up in the trade up. It's another reason to play him the last two preseason games.

But this year he will be a good QB2 to have. If they keep Rypien on the PS and resign him again after the season before the draft that might be telling.
Should we bring back Bryce Perkins?

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto

Snead saying that doesn't directly translate to a QB in the draft. There's going to be DUDES like Harrison Jr.

It also doesn't translate to trading in the draft, there's going to be a blaring hole at EDGE again, OL needs help and frankly, DL could use help too.

I'm not saying he didn't reference a QB, but I don't think that's what he meant in particular.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Snead saying that doesn't directly translate to a QB in the draft. There's going to be DUDES like Harrison Jr.

It also doesn't translate to trading in the draft, there's going to be a blaring hole at EDGE again, OL needs help and frankly, DL could use help too.

I'm not saying he didn't reference a QB, but I don't think that's what he meant in particular.
Stetson lover!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Should we bring back Bryce Perkins?
And imagine that he is not currently on a NFL roster. Remember when our brain trust feared he would get claimed if released, thus they kept him on the active roster for 2 yrs. Yikes.

Starting to question their QB evaluation's. Lol!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Do you have a link to this? I have not heard it.
I haven't seen or heard it either. I remember him saying something more to the effect of you use different strategies depending on the situation. I don't think he ruled out fuck them picks but I really don't think he said we're going back to that strategy.

Hard to say with Les. But I'm guessing it will be more determined by what this group of players is able to accomplish this season.

Hell... If they shock us all, I wouldn't be surprised by a "fuck them picks" kind of trade this season. I just won't hold my breath.

But if I'm recalling right, Les alluded to the idea that we were going toward a more sustained approach unless they see a situation too good to pass.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I haven't seen or heard it either. I remember him saying something more to the effect of you use different strategies depending on the situation. I don't think he ruled out fuck them picks but I really don't think he said we're going back to that strategy.

Hard to say with Les. But I'm guessing it will be more determined by what this group of players is able to accomplish this season.

Hell... If they shock us all, I wouldn't be surprised by a "fuck them picks" kind of trade this season. I just won't hold my breath.

But if I'm recalling right, Les alluded to the idea that we were going toward a more sustained approach unless they see a situation too good to pass.
I think Les' strategy is situational. We had a level of talent in 2021 that he felt wasn't quite enough. Matthew Stafford, Von Miller, and OBJ helped our roster reach critical mass. I think there will be a time for a "F*ck Them Picks" move again, but probably not for a couple of years until the talent reservoir is again full.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I think Les' strategy is situational. We had a level of talent in 2021 that he felt wasn't quite enough. Matthew Stafford, Von Miller, and OBJ helped our roster reach critical mass. I think there will be a time for a "F*ck Them Picks" move again, but probably not for a couple of years until the talent reservoir is again full.
Wow!!! Look at You!

'strategy is situational' ... 'critical mass' ... 'talent reservoir' ... All in one three line post!

1692471155583.png

I also agree.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
So Young is gonna suck and Hampton, Mathis and the other OLBers are all gonna be duds? 1 preseason game in and that's a given?
Our recent "projects" at EDGE haven't been promising. Young I like, Hoecht is okay and better depth.. we don't have a bonafide EDGE. Let's not sugar coat it. Same shit they tried last year, but at least we had Floyd who I actually liked.

I'm not calling them duds necessarily, but I don't have confidence in there ability to on development of EDGE which is why they went out and got Floyd a few years ago and traded for Von.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
And imagine that he is not currently on a NFL roster. Remember when our brain trust feared he would get claimed if released, thus they kept him on the active roster for 2 yrs. Yikes.

Starting to question their QB evaluation's. Lol!!
For those 2 years still unknown how bad he was. Now not so much.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

Agreed. Les and Fish had put together a hell of a roster and Kronke needed McVay to see it realized. Sean made that roster sing and they flourished with those trades that Les made. Will be interesting to see where they go from here. Fisher deserves a nod honestly.