Rams select Stetson Bennett (QB) with the 128th pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I'm not saying O'Connell won't be successful. I'm just saying he's not a Ram so I don't care.
And BTW, if O'Connell played for Georgia, he would have been a top 15 pick at the very least. He made Purdue relevant for the first time in generations. They got to the Big Ten Title game last yr and he threw for 366 yards against Michigan... while playing for Purdue!

After looking that up, the pick bothers me even more.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
And BTW, if O'Connell played for Georgia, he would have been a top 15 pick at the very least. He made Purdue relevant for the first time in generations. They got to the Big Ten Title game last yr and he threw for 366 yards against Michigan... while playing for Purdue!

Jeff Brohm was a huge part of that too. AoC is damn good, but that system for Purdue and now Louisville where Brohm is, is a masterpiece.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
He towers over Bennett. He would have a legit shot to be a future long-term starter.
Lol, is height the "measure" of a long time starter?

Paxton Lynch would like a word...

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Lol, is height the "measure" of a long time starter?

Paxton Lynch would like a word...
Catch up on the thread will ya? It's not about height and height is not everything.

I am 6-5, doesnt mean I can play QB.

Just pointing out the difficulty he will have completing a 17 game schedule with his overall size & slight build.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Aiden O'Connell- this year's effing Humphrey.:rolleyes:

And - funny thing: I do not remember ANY posts about how we should take this guy, until... wait for it...

a couple talking heads give him some love after ONE preseason outing.

Things never change. :cool:

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Catch up on the thread will ya? It's not about height and height is not everything.

I am 6-5, doesnt mean I can play QB.

Just pointing out the difficulty he will have completing a 17 game schedule with his overall size & slight build.
Haha. Sorry man, I saw that and was just DYING to make a Lynch comment... Almost used Ryan Mallett... But too soon..... Too soon.

Also, I totally get your concern with his frame. Hoping he can overcome that with good presence, footwork, etc...

jjab360

Legend

I've acknowledged the point about Bennett's frame and have no interest talking in circles.

As for this incessant O'Connell point, we'll see. Once again, this is pointless but I think Bennett has a higher floor because of his SEC pro-style experience and a higher ceiling because of his mobility and arm talent. And the guys who brought us a Superbowl agree.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Aiden O'Connell- this year's effing Humphrey.:rolleyes:

And - funny thing: I do not remember ANY posts about how we should take this guy, until... wait for it...

a couple talking heads give him some love after ONE preseason outing.

Things never change. :cool:
I mentioned many times pre draft that he was intriguing and my QB target. Some sites had him as a 3rd rounder and the Rams had him on for a visit (when i started researching him). So when he was sitting there at 128 I thought it could be him.

I fear our short statured coach overlooked the size issue even though it's likley why he ended up at Miami of Ohio as a player instead of Miami.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yep. All you need is height to be legit. Sean Manion says hi.

You’re finally admitting that Mannion was terrible? :p

Hell, it took me a week to see how bad Gabbert was at Mizzou. I still have no idea how he became a top ten pick.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I mentioned many times pre draft that he was intriguing and my QB target. Some sites had him as a 3rd rounder and the Rams had him on for a visit (when i started researching him). So when he was sitting there at 128 I thought it could be him.

I fear our short statured coach overlooked the size issue even though it's likley why he ended up at Miami of Ohio as a player instead of Miami.
Fair enough - and not directed at you by the way. Just bristle at the "we shoulda..." AFTER the fact.
The hue and cry over Humphrey (which I agree with btw), didn't intensify and become gospel until Atwell appeared to be busting.
And does anyone remember the "I really wanted Garrapolo" chant, which eventually died very quickly after "further "review.

I should have said have not heard about him AFTER we selected Bennett, until he got love.
He probably is, on paper, better than Bennett, but McVay wanted Bennet for his mobility, quick release and some intangibles - like he just wins - and I concur. Had nothing to do with their relative heights, althouigh I think you were joking a bit.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
You clearly have a verticle superiority complex.

Memento

Name
Jemma
DAMNIT!!!! I am on a treadmill, in a work meeting....give me some grace here!!! :)

What work meeting allows you to use a treadmill? I’m jealous, haha. :D

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
What work meeting allows you to use a treadmill? I’m jealous, haha. :D
A Teams meeting, haha. I work from home and have an under desk treadmill, so I walk while I work a lot of the day.

Memento

Name
Jemma
A Teams meeting, haha. I work from home and have an under desk treadmill, so I walk while I work a lot of the day.
Sweet! It’s always nice to work from home. And multitasking as well. I can definitely forgive a mistake; I mean, I’m typing on my phone, so…

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I should have said have not heard about him AFTER we selected Bennett, until he got love.
He probably is, on paper, better than Bennett, but McVay wanted Bennet for his mobility, quick release and some intangibles - like he just wins - and I concur. Had nothing to do with their relative heights, althouigh I think you were joking a bit.
I think we all had our own depth QBs in mind in this draft and there were quite a few to choose from. This past draft was quite nice in that way. I was rather sweet on the kid from BYU who went to Minnesota. But I will say after seeing Bennett in action it looks like there's a good chance the Rams got that pick right.