Rams select Stetson Bennett (QB) with the 128th pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I think Rams nation is very pleased with what they saw from him Saturday. It is hard to go wrong with SEC players and especially from Georgia.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I’m willing to eat some crow. Stetson Bennett IV played extremely well. Yes, it helps that our receiving corps is deep as hell, but I loved how well he processed things.

The only thing I worried about is maturity. Hell of a backup/potential starter to have if he’s grown from his mistakes - and granted, I wasn’t really mature in my early twenties.
He did process things well, but he also played with poise like a veteran. He was pinpoint accurate, leading WR's so they could get YAC. I think we have a winner here. We need to see more, but it could be that we won't if McVay thinks he's the #2 QB after this game.

dang

Legend
First impression: sooooooooooooo much better than what we’ve had at backup QB for quite some time. If he continues to put in the work and evolves to the speed of the NFL He’ll get a shot to take over from Stafford in a couple years

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First impression: sooooooooooooo much better than what we’ve had at backup QB for quite some time. If he continues to put in the work and evolves to the speed of the NFL He’ll get a shot to take over from Stafford in a couple years
bastid! ~ Sean Mannion

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he can be a really good backup qb. Not sure about starting but the size isn't my issue with that there are some very good and super bowl winning qbs that are around his size.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Am I the only one who feels like the praise Bennett is receiving for last weekend’s performance is a bit over the top compared to his actual performance?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Am I the only one who feels like the praise Bennett is receiving for last weekend’s performance is a bit over the top compared to his actual performance?
I think people are more just pleasantly surprised. I will say though, he threw some absolute dimes and showed an extremely quick throwing motion where he needed it. Might as well start the HOF talk now. :sunglasses:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well you can crucify the dude for what should have been 3 INTs. Or you can see the value in what happened, which is a rookie flipping the script mid-game. That's not an easy thing to do for a QB. It's one thing to show well after a slow first half but when you have catastrophic mistakes x3 on the first drive most rookies would have a hell of a time coming back from that.

I wonder how things would have gone if that first one had been returned for a TD. Probably about the same. So this first game was great to get a feel for who the QB is and what to expect from him in the next outings. He's off to a good start which is incredible given that first drive.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
I think most of the praise is coming from ROD optimism after what has been a run of not so ready to win games back up's.
My short answer is yes, the praise is a little rose-tinted-glasses. I did think he got smarter with the ball after looking a bit shaky (overly ambitious ) the sack he took was BAD. My takeaway is that he looks like a tough competitor with a positive QB mentality and I like the way the ball comes out of his hand. I need to see a lot more to go beyond that but I am optimistic.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
No doubt about it. I think it is partially because the higher picked QB's underwhelmed, so some of the media (McAfee, etc) are all over our 4th Rd TWO TIME NATIONAL CHOMPION!!

I liked the pick, and still like it, but want to see how he does the rest of the preseason before I get too excited. This is fun though, and sure bears the alternative.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Hard for me to get too excited for a backup QB but if he can progress a little in the next two games, he sure looks like a guy who can win you 1-3 games in relief over a year and that's not nothing!

jjab360

Legend
I haven't watched it yet, but I'll leave this here. Been waiting for this to drop.

On first look, Stetson obviously had some bad decisions he'd like back but the NFL talent is clear as day.

Something that doesn't get talked about enough with him is that lightning fast release, short accuracy, and processing speed. You look at a guy like Garopahoe and those 3 things are pretty much all he has going for him and that's made him one of the most winning QBs in the league. Plus Stetson's ability to throw off platform with different releases shows that he was way more arm talent than he's given credit for.

That throw at 10:32 is an absolute dime with crazy anticipation. That's an NFL starting QB caliber pass.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont think so, not one bit.
And this coming from someone who wasnt happy with the pick.
I just see it that we spent the last couple of pre-seasons watching terrible QB play in the pre-season. Wolford was awful, and I tried to think Perkins could play but it was just wishing and making excuses for him
I liked that Bennett opened up with what could have been 3 INT. Didnt rattle him one bit. It's pre-season and that's the time for guys to learn and grow. I saw him throw a couple of slants that impressed me.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Bennett & O'Connell

Wish they would have taken O'Connell, who was taken right after Bennett.

He towers over Bennett. He would have a legit shot to be a future long-term starter.
Screenshot_20230816_230911_Facebook.jpg