Rams select Stetson Bennett (QB) with the 128th pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That last bit is what some are hung up on. You're not going to be dating the guy and he's not a bad guy off the field so get over it. McVay identified a guy early in the process and we took him in a string of a lot of guys that will be NFL backups with little chance to be more. Love the pick with that in mind, he's McVays guy and he's a long term backup.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess its just a sign of times, and the world we live in. Anything said about him that is less than positive is deemed "hating"
Worse is if one disputes a pontificated statement, its trolling
Alas, I cant wait for the guys to be in pads and playing some ball

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I am looking forward to how well he handles the pre-snap shit in preseason. If he's got that down, which is possible given that he's off to a fast start in the underwear sessions, then he should be good to go as backup. And him impressing McVay and the offensive staff early on is definitely a good sign. They undoubtedly put a lot on him to try to get him ready for that backup role so no matter how you slice it good reports are what you want to hear.

But how will he do when he doesn't have a top trench group in front of him, with more diversity in the rush threats, more checks at the line to get it all sorted, and needing to diagnose safety intent. It's a lot so I expect him to have some hit and miss when the snaps go live. Hopefully he'll flash though. I expect these games will be a little bit more fun for us than usual.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I guess its just a sign of times, and the world we live in. Anything said about him that is less than positive is deemed "hating"
Come on man. You're trying to create a self fulfilling prophecy. I see lots of discussion here without to what you're alluding.

I know there was a fair amount of knee jerk reaction early on and I'm sure there was some of what you're saying, but... Meh.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yup. Id like to know why folks think he’s a cerebral qb. Does he have a high IQ like Fitzpatrick? I don’t know.
Is he a quick study? Well thanks to my quote, it sure doesn’t appear that way. It took 5 years of college ball (when everyone else goes pro) before he got good late in his 6th season and then his 7th
So again, without misconstruing anything let’s just stick with the question, what about him makes people think he’s smart?
Mind you, I am not saying he’s dumb, I’m not saying anyone is wrong, I’d just to hear what that’s about
Many top QBs were 5th year seniors. The fact that he had a 5 star recruit come in and get the nod, then he transfers, adds a year, then he is on the outside trying to get in while they have another highly regarded young gun doesn't really tell me much about his football IQ. It tells me he would need to climb a pretty tall hill at 5'11" to take over starter duties. Is that heart? Brains? Quickness? All of the above? I don't know but it's fairly remarkable any way you look at it.

So stop being a troll.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The fun part for me is watching the reports about him looking and doing good in OTA's and knowing people who aren't high on Bennett will call it coach speak or team speak and ask what else anybody thinks would be said. As 503 said people are focused on self fulfilling prophecies. To some he'll never be good enough and it's sad so many people have made up their minds about him, and other players and positions as well.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The fun part for me is watching the reports about him looking and doing good in OTA's and knowing people who aren't high on Bennett will call it coach speak or team speak and ask what else anybody thinks would be said. As 503 said people are focused on self fulfilling prophecies. To some he'll never be good enough and it's sad so many people have made up their minds about him, and other players and positions as well.
I hate that stuff.
Me… I stated my feelings when he was drafted. They were my feelings about the guy.. his attitude and behavior that I didn’t like.
There have been nothing but positive reports on him in OTAs on and off the field.
Young men can make mistakes… they can grow, too.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Good buzz is better than no buzz.

Bennett has good buzz so far, and thats all we could hope for at this point. It doesn’t mean anything firm. But… good better than nada.

Season 6 Eating GIF by Friends

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hate that stuff.
Me… I stated my feelings when he was drafted. They were my feelings about the guy.. his attitude and behavior that I didn’t like.
There have been nothing but positive reports on him in OTAs on and off the field.
Young men can make mistakes… they can grow, too.
I didn't want to draft him, I'd have preferred a couple others but I didn't dislike the guy or the pick or where we picked him. Willing to give him a chance and like what I see/hear about him so far.

nighttrain

Legend
I didn't want to draft him, I'd have preferred a couple others but I didn't dislike the guy or the pick or where we picked him. Willing to give him a chance and like what I see/hear about him so far.
that is why i looked up the stats, a 4th round pick has a 6% chance of becoming a starter, this according to FORBES, so the pick is no big deal

train

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
As a newcomer to this forum, I have to ask: is this the longest thread we’ve had for a player who has yet to play a single snap for us?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
As a newcomer to this forum, I have to ask: is this the longest thread we’ve had for a player who has yet to play a single snap for us?
Years ago, there was a 47 page thread on how to properly pronounce the last name of then Rams’ fourth round pick Brandon Manumaleuna.

Poster @Loyal hyper ventilated, and @CGI_Ram needed to lock the thread before anyone was seriously hurt.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Could be. Hard to say. We have a pretty active membership so we do get some long threads at times. Funny too because if I recall correctly, there are more posts per page than other boards as well.

We're some opinionated bitches - eh? :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

TexasRam

Legend
Let me introduce you to my little friend..

Tutu Atwell.

ah yea man, you ain’t seen nothing yet.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This reminds me of the "Aaron Donald hold out thread" back a few years ago. I believe that was the longest thread on an active player. He was holding out and we were losing our ever loving minds as fans, I mean ready to jump out a window if we lost him, and all Aaron would say is "it's between my agent and them" . I think we all came on the board 50 times a day and night seeing for any news that they worked it out and signed him to a long term deal. He was worth every penny and every sleepless night.
si040122_cvr.jpg