Rams select Stetson Bennett (QB) with the 128th pick.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Where did you hear or see McVay say this? I haven’t seen it and it does not jive with what I have seen him say.

Exactly OLDnotdead beats to his own drum.Sort of have to really filter through all his long post.
Still waiting for The Rams to cut Havienstien.The good part is The Rams might have found his replacement of the future.
What happens with Stetson is up in the air.Wolford to Tampa & Perkins in Pittsburg show Mcvay(rams)do a alright job with developing there backups.He is in a good spot with The Rams.

—3 QB’s is The NFL finally going to allow the extra(3rd) QB that doesn’t go against the game day number of 48(48 & qb) ? Just a thought about ruling(rules).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not gonna read it because I really don't care but I wonder if those guys were laughing when he was winning titles?
Well, Matt Leinert and Tim Tebow won multiple titles too and they were for sure, laugh worthy

oldnotdead

Legend
McVay said it right after the draft. That it was LaFleur and Robinson that targeted Stetson from the very beginning. All he said at that time was he liked his throwing motion. That's a far cry from what he said about Mayfield as someone he followed and liked. Stetson doesn't have the arm for McVay's normal scheme. Too many of his deep throws are rainbows and make the WR adjust. Go ahead and watch his pro day, many of his throws were catches because of the WR adjusting, which he might not be able to do in actual coverage.

That said, in a more normal offense, being able to drive the ball 20 yards with accuracy is really all you need. You do that and the WR will often get good YAC. I think Stetson will be a very good backup, but I simply don't see him making the throws in the way that Goff or Stafford can. I think Stetson is viewed as being a decent backup and a future comp pick or trade bait.

IMO Snead and McVay have targeted a QB in next year's draft that will be their future QB1. I've said in other posts, that if the Rams didn't get a clear future QB1 in this draft, that future franchise QB would probably be targeted next year. I don't think McVay or Snead sees Stafford playing beyond 2024. I think they saw that when they extended him and the contract is structured that way. It's also obvious that Stafford understands that and wants those 2 years to make another run at a second Lombardi.

As long as the Rams have a healthy Stafford and Kupp their offense is dangerous enough to make a run. Their defense simply needs to be in the top half of the ratings, not the bottom half where Morris dropped it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

1684089026465.jpeg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As is the idea that winning titles is somehow an attribute for belief in Bennett
So you're saying two guys that were drafted in the first round is the same as a guy drafted in the 4th to be a backup? Sorry man grabbing two guys who also won in college and making them the same as Bennett's situation is just a fail.

Tano

Legend
Well, Matt Leinert and Tim Tebow won multiple titles too and they were for sure, laugh worthy
The problem with Leinart is that he wanted to party instead of playing football.

He pisses me off because he could have been a decent QB in the NFL if he would have pushed himself to be better.

I guess there are a lot of players like that.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
His only chance is playing with anticipation and command of the offense early, imo.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I really cant see McVay giving a flying F##k about what LaFluer and Robinson think when it comes to who is drafted by the Rams, he makes up his own mind, and the 4th round QB is a longshot for sure, but weirder things have happened in the NFL, Dak was a 3rd round pick.

train
What about the Vikings QB? How much has he made & contracts he’s earned since being drafted out of Michigan State?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Mills from Stanford ? Does he win a starting spot or is it the number 2 pick from Ohio St., who starts the 1st game ?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, what an idiot. He will probably only make 10-20 million as a backup QB in the NFL. Imagine what he could have been with that <insert useless degree here> on his resume....

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah, what an idiot. He will probably only make 10-20 million as a backup QB in the NFL. Imagine what he could have been with that <insert useless degree here> on his resume....
There’s no guarantee he’ll stick on. I just think that if you’re in college for six/seven years, and you didn’t care enough to get a degree, you deserve to be called an idiot.

nighttrain

Legend
There’s no guarantee he’ll stick on. I just think that if you’re in college for six/seven years, and you didn’t care enough to get a degree, you deserve to be called an idiot.
Are you absolutely positive about your facts?

I read differently
train