Rams Offensive Line 2021

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
What a piss poor article from Gary Klein.

The headline is a grabber--"Rams OL success depends on Brian Allen's health"-- then provides exactly zero context or sourcing to back up that claim.

Jourdan Rodrique's sources imply that the Rams current starting OL is expected to be
Whit-Edwards-Corbs-Evan's-Hav.

Yet Klein claims (without any evidence) that Allen's health is the key?

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What a piss poor article from Gary Klein.

The headline is a grabber--"Rams OL success depends on Brian Allen's health"-- then provides exactly zero context or sourcing to back up that claim.

Jourdan Rodrique's sources imply that the Rams current starting OL is expected to be
Whit-Edwards-Corbs-Evan's-Hav.

Yet Klein claims (without any evidence) that Allen's health is the key?

Funny thing is IMO we all get the same resources from press conferences?? Of course reporters get one on one’s & off the record,but during Covid through zoom? I don’t know how much access reports get during the season of watching practice
I know I’ve been to a couple training camps before the Rams even moved.You get a solid view point,but not a real true one.Yes- injuries happen & you don’t see those players.

. I remember AD99 going against Jamon Brown on little one on one drills —It was the funnest thing .He did it like 3 times & the whistle blew to change drills.It was one step whiff,another step whiff,then one step Whiff. All the D & O’Lineman there.He could not even touch him in a (in front of him) box.New drill.
Then 2 years in a row he holdouts.
My point being Gary Klein should know Brian Allen is healthy & has had over a season to get healthy & was last season.The Rams held him out because they could.Jordan is going out on a limb? She might know a little something something?

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
—I hate Brian Allen for stupid selfish reasons. I LOVED John Sullivan & what he MEANT 2 The Rams.I saw his Leadership with Andrew Whitworth.He was The Glue to The O”Line & his last half of NFL football he got called for a BULL S””T penalty!! The NFL even came out & said it.Yes Robey had his against the Saints,But still calling a penalty which was not there vs. a penalty that was not called.

Talk about what a call means to a game. No one wants to talk about AD99 against the Packers being selfish & giving Aaron Rogers new LIFE.Green Bay scoring a TD because of it.Jared Goff having to play from behind.

They do want to talk about Bobby Evans being a CRAP player? He missed 2 Blocks.One was because Josh Reynolds missed a pass through his hands.I appreciate Jared Goff for what he did as a Rams QB.He was 18-20 with a broken thumb in the rain& GBay Fans going knutts on 2nd & 3rd and long.—Bobby Evans didn’t call that pass play.What about a draw? Having Brown in on pass coverage & maybe going out for a screen by whatever the defense gives you ?

I don’t know ?? I just think The Rams will have to cut a couple good Offensive lineman.Will it be Brian Allen & he just SUCKS?

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Jared Goff vs Stafford ?
This article only give The Rams 2 1st rd picks. Detroit went with The O”Lineman from Oregon instead of fields or Mac Jones ? Just another 2 QB’s he has to be compared to.
—Point being how bad was The Rams Offensive Line the last 2 years ? This article also talks about a pass by he missed(John Sullivan & Todd Gurley anybody.). I will add Todd Gurley had a little something in him,because the off season was there no matter what Imo.—Then again I remember Hollywood & North Dallas Forty.The book was a good read as well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It would certainly be a nice surprise to see A.Jax perform well enough to make the team. He may just be the great in the game and not in the testing phase or practice phase type player. I have a sneaky suspicion he is

One thing is for sure. Mcvay is going to give him plenty of playing time in the preseason to find out. Won’t get many reps during practice.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Hey Bonifay you think Jackson will really make The Rams final roster?
How many do they keep.
Rams sure needed an LT to groom. If Whitworth does what he did last season then there is a real good chance Jackson makes this OL unit.

It's not smart to put on your eggs in one 40 yr old OL'er to be your starting LT coming off his 2nd MCL tear on that same knee.

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Rams sure needed an LT to groom. If Whitworth does what he did last season then there is a real good chance Jackosn makes this OL unit.

It's not smart to put on your eggs in one 40 yr old OL'er to be your starting LT coming off his 2nd MCL tear on that same knee.
Just curious. Who would you have liked them to take at #57, #88 or #103?

The OTs I liked Cosmi, Eichenberg, Radunz and Little all went between 42 and 53. I was hoping Little would last.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams sure needed an LT to groom. If Whitworth does what he did last season then there is a real good chance Jackosn makes this OL unit.

Last year at this time I thought Joesph Noteboom wouldn’t even be ready for 2020. Crazy to think it was Brian Allen instead. JOESPH starts at LG & Corbett gets moved to take DAVID EDWARDS spot.Then Big Rob holds down the RT spot.I’m a Big Bobby Evans Fan.This Dude is going to be GOOD.You watch in 3 years. He will get paid.

Let’s get into as word starts to get out about The O’Line.We’ve been doing this for years together. Always like your input because you think off the grid,but stay True to The History of it all.
Thanks Bonifay- hope all has been well with you.Not sure if you’ve done much camping or traveling of late.
—This new Stadium & season sort of has me GEEKED UP! Much L””E Bro—

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

The OTs I liked Cosmi, Eichenberg, Radunz and Little all went between 42 and 53. I was hoping Little would last.

I know your asking Bonifay’d,but since your asking about the draft. I personally never looked at a Tackle.
Quinn Mienerz would have been my O’Line choice with who was on the board.Still believe it Landon Dickerson was there he would have been that Red-Shirt guy.

The thread is about The Rams offensive line. Like Mcvay said Chandler Brewer was The Rams 2021 draft pick.

View: https://youtu.be/gJ-Om80iSgs

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Little was the LT that I thought would be an excellent LT to groom but as you know they would have had to make a trade up to make that happen. I was of the opinion Snead would have tried to select an LT on day 3. Snead/McVay went the UDFA route instead.

I have been on record (for a long time) of desiring a pass rusher (OLB'er/DE) & outside corner early in 2021.

If the current Ram roster contains valid LT prospects to groom other than Noteboom I would hope McVay directs those LT prospects' full attention to that LT post only in the mini & training Camps & into the preseason.

It's my position, time is just about out on Whitworth being able to continue to be able to be effective taking full-time starting snaps in the regular season. A better plan needs to be implemented to preserve Whitworth as best as they can. AW's value to this Ram team & OL is not just what he does on the field during the game.

I have been advocating for well over a year that the Rams use Noteboom @ LT to share those snaps last season taking the game load off AW. I was suggesting Noteboom would relieve AW on several offensive series during the game. Kromer had other plans in 2020 with Noteboom starting @ OG instead.

My hope is this organization would finally act on this LT issue.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Little was the LT that I thought would be an excellent LT to groom but as you know they would have had to make a trade up to make that happen. I was of the opinion Snead would have tried to select an LT on day 3. Snead/McVay went the UDFA route instead.
I also was intrigued by Little and expected him to be available at #57. Was hoping he would last to #88 and the Rams would select him.

Thought Jacksonville made a good gamble with Cam Robinson on a Franchise Tag for 2021. If he shows well as a rookie reserve, Jags could turn to Little in 2022 ... get an upgrade and save $.

Did not expect the other three (Cosmi, Eichenberg and Radunz) to make it to #57 but would have hoped the Rams might have pulled the trigger had one been available.

Mostly agree on your Whitworth thoughts/concerns.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Last year at this time I thought Joesph Noteboom wouldn’t even be ready for 2020. Crazy to think it was Brian Allen instead. JOESPH starts at LG & Corbett gets moved to take DAVID EDWARDS spot.Then Big Rob holds down the RT spot.I’m a Big Bobby Evans Fan.This Dude is going to be GOOD.You watch in 3 years. He will get paid.

Let’s get into as word starts to get out about The O’Line.We’ve been doing this for years together. Always like your input because you think off the grid,but stay True to The History of it all.
Thanks Bonifay- hope all has been well with you.Not sure if you’ve done much camping or traveling of late.
—This new Stadium & season sort of has me GEEKED UP! Much L””E Bro—
I would hope that ROD members who can attend the open TC's can shed some complete info on Booby Evans & just how well he can progress.

I just do not see a good starting OG in Evans. I do see a decent starting RT though. If the OL coach does move Corbett to center (still questionable), the vacated RG post is in an outstanding position to be filled with excellent prospective young starting RG's with Tremayne Anchrum, Bobby Evans & Chandler Brewer. In this case, the Rams have themselves in good shape.

I would not even rule out Coleman Shelton giving all of those three a good bit of competition too. Shelton is a RFA in less than a year & is sure to desire to place himself in the best position now entering his 3rd season for contention for an open interior position.

I still remain positive that ROD's favorite whipping child, Brian Allen (who is entering his 4th season & endured some serious setbacks can be a good interior reserve for all 3 posts this season if he does not win the OC post. Allen was primarily a starting OG in college. If the 6-1 & 7/8th tall Anchrum can play OT then Allen certainly can play some OG if needed.

It will interesting to watch the two new rookie UDFA LT's in TC for anyone who gets to attend. Max Pircher & Alaric Jackson reports will catch my attention instantly.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Understand but Bonifay's post was focused on LT, and I did not see a good Tackle option for the Rams given where they were selecting.

Your right - of some of those names you mentioned and liked. Who would you have wanted & at what price to move up? I like Noteboom &!would resign him. There is a lot of positives there.I also believe that a Free-Agent would be the way to go when Big Whit hangs up the cleats.
I was at UCI when the dinosaur Jakckie Slater was still a Ram.Really was trying to look back at the Rams history.