Rams Interview Megathread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2019/...geles-rams-nfl-draft-charleston-john-cominsky
Charleston Golden Eagles DE John Cominsky visited the Los Angeles Rams

On we go with the pre-draft visits!

By Sosa Kremenjas Apr 5, 2019
usa_today_12278831.0.jpg
Brian
On we go with the pre-draft prospect visits. This time it’s Charleston Golden Eagles defensive end John Cominsky who has already visited with the Los Angeles Rams, per NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo:

Interest in @UCWV_Football DE John Cominsky is high. The #Rams, #Falcons, #Jets, #Saints and #Texans are among the teams who have kept an eye on the late Day 2/early Day 3 #NFLDraft hopeful. pic.twitter.com/85KrsTohH2

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) April 5, 2019
Garafolo’s blurb claims Cominsky has been in high demand, so that’s something to make note of. Regardless, Cominsky is a senior prospect who also competed in the Reese’s Senior Bowl, and that automatically makes him a serious target for Rams’ General Manager Les Snead.

Cominsky had 15.5 sacks in his four-year career at Charleston. Cominsky is 6’5” and 286 lbs, likely making him a defensive end in the Rams’ base 3-4 defense. Cominsky is a fantastic athlete who tested very well at the NFL Scouting Combine. Here’s his spider web from mockdraftable:

Here’s a blurb on Cominsky from NFL.com’s Lance Zierlein:
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/john-cominsky?id=3219434f-4d27-5428-ccac-ad99ba74b4eb

The one-time option quarterback should be able to impress with his athletic testing during postseason workouts, but he still needs to keep adding play strength to be ready to handle NFL offensive linemen. Cominsky is built like a 3-4 defensive end and flashes potential to handle those types of run duties down the road.

Cominsky could certainly be an option for the Rams on day three, though he might not make it there with how much interest there is surrounding him.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Does anyone happen to know how many players that we've drafted in the past two years were guys that we had these visits with?

I can't locate anything regarding 2017, but in 2018, the following players were part of the Top 30 ;

Jamil Demby
Micah Kiser
Justin Lawler
Obo Okoronkwo
Joe Noteboom
Brian Allen
John Franklin Meyers

That's 7 in 30

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't locate anything regarding 2017, but in 2018, the following players were part of the Top 30 ;

Jamil Demby
Micah Kiser
Justin Lawler
Obo Okoronkwo
Joe Noteboom
Brian Allen
John Franklin Meyers

That's 7 in 30

So 6 of their first 7 picks. Only John Kelly wasn't brought in (the 6th player they drafted). So definitely important, though might have been a one year fluke I suppose.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is what really stands out to me on Reed. He seems to have an exaggeratedly short stride which is fine when in tight but not good when needing to cover ground. Even with a short stride, he seems to lack any kind of explosive step.

I think Weddle is likely a one or two year option and mentor with the Rams. It seems to make sense to grab his heir before we actually need him.

I was hoping we would wait on addressing safety, but that makes sense. Plus, they might already know how much money they're willing to offer JJ and he might not take it.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Got another one:

View: https://twitter.com/unclemike21/status/1115431496582668288?s=21

Underrated and seems to be under radar due to injury. Quick first step tho!

I watched a game or two of Bingham. I was impressed at first. Then I noticed he was unblocked on at least half of the sacks he got. I moved on.
In comparison, Derick Roberson from Sam Houston St. was more consistent bringing pressure off of the edge and up the middle on stunts. The schools they played were smaller like Bingham's Arkansas St., but I saw a more complete player. He also showed well at the East-West Shrine game.

Last edited by a moderator:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Louisiana Tech EDGE Jaylon Ferguson to visit Los Angeles Rams

Could the edge rusher be a possibility for the Rams at pick #31?
By Sosa Kremenjas/ Apr 8, 2019

usa_today_12159218.0.jpg

Chugging along the pre-draft circuit, Louisiana Tech Bulldogs edge rusher Jaylon Ferguson is set to visit the Los Angeles Rams next week, per NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero:

Also visiting the #Bills today: Louisiana Tech edge Jaylon Ferguson, who heads to #Giants next, then #Colts and #Eagles, with #Cowboys, #Titans, #Rams next week. One of the most well-traveled prospects in this pre-draft process.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 8, 2019
Ferguson — who was a senior in 2018 — had an insane amount of production in his four years at Louisiana Tech. Ferguson totaled 67.5 tackles-for-loss as well as 45 sacks. Ferguson was clearly extremely productive in college, though his abysmal 3-cone and shuttle times at his pro day are certainly something that’ll push him down draft boards:

I was running just offense code today, but I spent the extra time to re-run end just so I could run Jaylon Ferguson's #RAS.

Honestly, could have been a lot worse.

This is not, however, the athletic profile of a starter in the NFL. pic.twitter.com/cRTkcnG9mr

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) March 20, 2019
Ferguson clearly lacks the necessary athleticism that most starters in the NFL have, though his production ultimately states otherwise. Ferguson was mocked in the first or second-round of mock drafts generally all offseason, though it seems most have soured since as Ferguson is no longer a regular in the first-round of mocks.

Being a Senior, Ferguson attended the Reese’s Senior Bowl, automatically qualifying him as a prime prospect for General Manger Les Snead.

NFL.com’s Lance Zierlein compared Ferguson to 2018 first-round pick Marcus Davenport, whom the New Orleans Saints traded up to draft.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Louisiana Tech EDGE Jaylon Ferguson to visit Los Angeles Rams

Could the edge rusher be a possibility for the Rams at pick #31?
By Sosa Kremenjas/ Apr 8, 2019

usa_today_12159218.0.jpg

Chugging along the pre-draft circuit, Louisiana Tech Bulldogs edge rusher Jaylon Ferguson is set to visit the Los Angeles Rams next week, per NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero:

Also visiting the #Bills today: Louisiana Tech edge Jaylon Ferguson, who heads to #Giants next, then #Colts and #Eagles, with #Cowboys, #Titans, #Rams next week. One of the most well-traveled prospects in this pre-draft process.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 8, 2019
Ferguson — who was a senior in 2018 — had an insane amount of production in his four years at Louisiana Tech. Ferguson totaled 67.5 tackles-for-loss as well as 45 sacks. Ferguson was clearly extremely productive in college, though his abysmal 3-cone and shuttle times at his pro day are certainly something that’ll push him down draft boards:

I was running just offense code today, but I spent the extra time to re-run end just so I could run Jaylon Ferguson's #RAS.

Honestly, could have been a lot worse.

This is not, however, the athletic profile of a starter in the NFL. pic.twitter.com/cRTkcnG9mr

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) March 20, 2019
Ferguson clearly lacks the necessary athleticism that most starters in the NFL have, though his production ultimately states otherwise. Ferguson was mocked in the first or second-round of mock drafts generally all offseason, though it seems most have soured since as Ferguson is no longer a regular in the first-round of mocks.

Being a Senior, Ferguson attended the Reese’s Senior Bowl, automatically qualifying him as a prime prospect for General Manger Les Snead.

NFL.com’s Lance Zierlein compared Ferguson to 2018 first-round pick Marcus Davenport, whom the New Orleans Saints traded up to draft.
I see JF as a 5 tech DE in the Wade defense, not an Edge-Rusher. If your 6-5 270-275 coming out of college & lack quickness ??? I suspect he will put on some good muscle over the first couple of seasons in the NFL & work out fine as a 34 D 5 tech prospect.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2019/...s-sheldrick-redwine-pre-draft-visit-nfl-draft

Miami Safety Sheldrick Redwine visits Los Angeles Rams

Another day, another safety visiting the Rams pre-draft.
By Sosa Kremenjas Apr 9, 2019, 2:57pm CDT

usa_today_12282827.0.jpg
Brian
Another day, another 2019 NFL Draft prospect visiting the Los Angeles Rams. Adding to the long list of safeties that have visited, this time it’s Miami-Florida HurricanesSheldrick Redwine, per his own Instagram:

Sheldrick Redwine is visiting the Rams pic.twitter.com/g9h48DGJCm

— Billy Marshall (@BillyM_91) April 9, 2019
Redwine — like almost all of the remaining safety visits — is a senior prospect with four years of college production underneath his belt. In four seasons as a Hurricane, Redwine totaled 164 tackles, six tackles-for-loss, five interceptions, and 10 pass deflections. Redwine was a Reese’s Senior Bowl participant, just like all of the safeties who’ve visited the Rams this offseason.

Here’s his athletic profile with numbers pulled from the 2019 NFL Scouting Combine:

Sheldrick Redwine posted a Elite #RAS with Poor size, Elite speed, Elite explosiveness, at the FS position. pic.twitter.com/2RzvvhRPIY

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 9, 2019
Big, tough, fast, physical, and heavy-hitter are all words often used to describe Redwine. The only qualm about the player seems to be he fits more of an in-the-box role at the NFL level, though his talent and physical traits may allow him to make the transition into more of a coverage safety/versatile secondary player.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2019/...s-sheldrick-redwine-pre-draft-visit-nfl-draft

Miami Safety Sheldrick Redwine visits Los Angeles Rams

Another day, another safety visiting the Rams pre-draft.
By Sosa Kremenjas Apr 9, 2019, 2:57pm CDT

usa_today_12282827.0.jpg
Brian
Another day, another 2019 NFL Draft prospect visiting the Los Angeles Rams. Adding to the long list of safeties that have visited, this time it’s Miami-Florida HurricanesSheldrick Redwine, per his own Instagram:

Sheldrick Redwine is visiting the Rams pic.twitter.com/g9h48DGJCm

— Billy Marshall (@BillyM_91) April 9, 2019
Redwine — like almost all of the remaining safety visits — is a senior prospect with four years of college production underneath his belt. In four seasons as a Hurricane, Redwine totaled 164 tackles, six tackles-for-loss, five interceptions, and 10 pass deflections. Redwine was a Reese’s Senior Bowl participant, just like all of the safeties who’ve visited the Rams this offseason.

Here’s his athletic profile with numbers pulled from the 2019 NFL Scouting Combine:

Sheldrick Redwine posted a Elite #RAS with Poor size, Elite speed, Elite explosiveness, at the FS position. pic.twitter.com/2RzvvhRPIY

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 9, 2019
Big, tough, fast, physical, and heavy-hitter are all words often used to describe Redwine. The only qualm about the player seems to be he fits more of an in-the-box role at the NFL level, though his talent and physical traits may allow him to make the transition into more of a coverage safety/versatile secondary player.
He would be a very nice day 3 or high priority udfa.