Rams Interview Megathread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
lol i dont get it
You were talking about how we only need your thread because you scour all these different resources, implying that you're super thorough... but then you didn't see the other thread on the same topic, which was probably in the top 5-7 threads. And that calls in to question your thoroughness.

IDK. Maybe it's only funny to me.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
You were talking about how we only need your thread because you scour all these different resources, implying that you're super thorough... but then you didn't see the other thread on the same topic, which was probably in the top 5-7 threads. And that calls in to question your thoroughness.

IDK. Maybe it's only funny to me.
That's actually hilarious. The majority of these on here though at least from the Senior Bowl were reported directly by me.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
You really just need mine. I scour my sources, the web and players to get meeting information. :)

You really just need mine. I scour my sources, the web and players to get meeting information. :)

We only need yours? Like you're the only person reporting the information? You state above in the first thread, "(what we've been told or what has already been reported) " .... Merlin already reported some of this info from another source.

I think @Merlin deserves an apology. You're not gaining any fans with that attitude.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
We only need yours? Like you're the only person reporting the information? You state above in the first thread, "(what we've been told or what has already been reported) " .... Merlin already reported some of this info from another source.

I think @Merlin deserves an apology. You're not gaining any fans with that attitude.
Did you miss the emoji? I was kidding. Don't take it personally.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I really like Nate Davis. I am considering putting him in my next mock. Played RT in college, but I am a big fan of him at OG. Solid movement skills, solid length, great anchor.

I didn't even know Kerrith Whyte was in the Draft. He impressed me while I was watching Singletary. I'll have to evaluate him now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really like Nate Davis. I am considering putting him in my next mock. Played RT in college, but I am a big fan of him at OG. Solid movement skills, solid length, great anchor.

I didn't even know Kerrith Whyte was in the Draft. He impressed me while I was watching Singletary. I'll have to evaluate him now.
I've read and seen a lot of good from Davis as well. Don't know anything about Singletary but that EDGE from UNR had his moments he'd be a good depth/development guy while on special teams.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
freak Wise; he's a Kansas Jayhawk.

In all seriousness, though (except freak KU), I think he's far too light to be an adequate 3-4 end. He's strictly a 4-3 three technique, and even then, I think you only use him as a pass-rusher. He's a good pass-rusher, but I don't like him for our scheme.
I don't know the guy at all but he looks a good size for a 3-4 end. Again don't know the player but size he matches up with Tanzel Smart, John Franklin-Myers and he's heavier than AD and Brockers is listed at 305 but talk was he was sub 300 last season.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I don't know the guy at all but he looks a good size for a 3-4 end. Again don't know the player but size he matches up with Tanzel Smart, John Franklin-Myers and he's heavier than AD and Brockers is listed at 305 but talk was he was sub 300 last season.

Wise's size is somewhere around 280, and he doesn't have the height or frame to grow any more without losing his quickness. JFM is around 6'4" with enough room to add more weight. Tanzel Smart is short, but he's around 295-305.

Sorry, Wise is no AD. AD has freakish strength, which Wise doesn't have.

Trust me, I'm not just saying that because he's from Kansas. I'm saying that because while I do like him as a prospect, he doesn't fit the scheme.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Wise's size is somewhere around 280, and he doesn't have the height or frame to grow any more without losing his quickness. JFM is around 6'4" with enough room to add more weight. Tanzel Smart is short, but he's around 295-305.

Trust me, I'm not just saying that because he's from Kansas. I'm saying that because while I do like him as a prospect, he doesn't fit the scheme.
Isn't Wise 6'3"?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I completely agree on Wise. If the Rams are looking for a 3 & 5 tech DT/DE with our #31'st draft pick, seems Jerry Tillery would be our guy. While Quinnen Williams would be an ideal DE, he'll be long gone before we pick. In a trade down scenario, I still go with Zach Allen in the upper portion of the 2'nd round. Zach has been a monster at batting down balls, something where those extra couple inches can be of real service. Tillery, Allen & Williams also rated the highest Sparq scores of all DL players attending the Combine, and in that order.

NFL Draft: Notre Dame’s Jerry Tillery is considered the best pass-rushing DT in
the class

Can Tillery sneak into the first round?
By Joshua Vowles@TheSubwayDomer Feb 10, 2019, 1:39am ESTSHARE
_MIL7881.0.jpg

Jerry Tillery
Mike Miller/One Foot Down
Jerry Tillery had a long and nice career with the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. The Louisiana native was able to start playing in meaningful minutes right away as a freshman, and then became a full-time starter in his junior and senior years.

During the 2018 season, Tillery amassed 30 tackles, 10 TFL’s, and 8 sacks. At times he looked completely dominant, and then there were times where he went quiet. Overall, he impressed a great deal of people with his pass-rushing skills.

Pro Football Focus gave Tillery the highest pass-rushing grade in the country for an interior lineman. In that respect, he was graded better than Quinnen Williams, better than Ed Oliver, better than Christian Wilkins — all of them.

Jerry Tillery has the best pass-rushing skill-set of any defensive tackle in this class.” -Mike Brenner, PFF (the guy with a man bun in 2019)

People love that Tillery has an arsenal of weapons to use as a pass-rusher, but there are those that are concerned with his overall play — while still drooling over his size and length.

The biggest questions still seem to come about his “off the field problems” and his character.

Allow me to defend Jerry Tillery without defending his actions. First, the “off the field problems” don’t exist. Tillery simply is... not simple. He has other interests besides football, but because these interests aren’t video games or whatever else the NFL would rather him do besides using the intelligence and curiosity that he was blessed with — that becomes a problem for them.

The character issues rest on a few plays where he lost his cool. One was most notably (and most vicious) when he stomped on the head of a player in a game against the USC Trojans in 2016. The other was a ridiculously late hit on Trevor Lawrence in the Cotton Bowl.

Again... I won’t defend what he did, but these were isolated instances and not what we saw throughout the many plays during his our years at Notre Dame.

I highly doubt Tillery is picked in the first round of the NFL Draft, but he still remains a very good candidate for the second round.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In a trade down scenario, I still go with Zach Allen in the upper portion of the 2'nd round. Zach has been a monster at batting down balls, something where those extra couple inches can be of real service. Tillery, Allen & Williams also rated the highest Sparq scores of all DL players attending the Combine, and in that order.

I would be very disappointed if Allen is our first pick. I see an effort guy who lacks the dynamic ability to be a consistent pass rush presence in the NFL. As for SPARQ, we all have our own ways of evaluating. There's no right way to do it. Personally, I don't put any stock in SPARQ scores/ratings.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I would be very disappointed if Allen is our first pick. I see an effort guy who lacks the dynamic ability to be a consistent pass rush presence in the NFL. As for SPARQ, we all have our own ways of evaluating. There's no right way to do it. Personally, I don't put any stock in SPARQ scores/ratings.

And that is surely your right. Sparq is just a tool to read measurables, can't really see how that is a problem. We'll have to agree to disagree on Allen. While he may not become the sack leader, and i'm not sure that's the main criteria for a 3/4 LDE, he's still quite capable of disrupting the QB pocket, rushing the passer, defending the rush and knocking down balls. Brockers had 1 sack last year and hasn't been nearly as productive since shedding all that weight prior to last season. Allen worked out of a 3/4 Base D at BC. For a mid to upper 2'nd round pick, he's about the best we might expect this year in a 3/4 DE. Allen & Franklin-Myers might just end up being a great rotation at LDE for many years, but that's jmo. It also doesn't hurt dropping down and gaining another pick when we have so many questionable depth areas.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And that is surely your right. Sparq is just a tool to read measurables, can't really see how that is a problem. We'll have to agree to disagree on Allen. While he may not become the sack leader, and i'm not sure that's the main criteria for a 3/4 LDE, he's still quite capable of disrupting the QB pocket, rushing the passer, defending the rush and knocking down balls. Brockers had 1 sack last year and hasn't been nearly as productive since shedding all that weight prior to last season. Allen worked out of a 3/4 Base D at BC. For a mid to upper 2'nd round pick, he's about the best we might expect this year in a 3/4 DE. Allen & Franklin-Myers might just end up being a great rotation at LDE for many years, but that's jmo. It also doesn't hurt dropping down and gaining another pick when we have so many questionable depth areas.

That's why I wouldn't reach for one. Allen doesn't have the burst, speed, or cornering ability to win with speed, and he didn't show the overwhelming punch and power to consistently win that way in the NFL. I saw a try-hard, smart player. He's a safe pick, but I don't see the sort of impact you want out of that pick.

As for SPARQ, that's why I don't consider it important. I don't consider measurables to be important except in isolated circumstances.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
That's why I wouldn't reach for one. Allen doesn't have the burst, speed, or cornering ability to win with speed, and he didn't show the overwhelming punch and power to consistently win that way in the NFL. I saw a try-hard, smart player. He's a safe pick, but I don't see the sort of impact you want out of that pick.

As for SPARQ, that's why I don't consider it important. I don't consider measurables to be important except in isolated circumstances.

Sorry, but I just don't see him as a reach in the mid to slightly upper 2'nd round. He definitely would be a reach imo if he was still projected in the later half of the 1'st round as some had him several weeks ago. With Suh & Westbrooks gone, a very unproven Tanzel Smart, and what appears to be a slowing Brockers, I'd like to make room for two additions along the DL, my thinking led me to Allen and perhaps Khalen Saunders, but i'm more than ready to hear other suggestions where we can improve quickly.