Rams have fired Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
@jrry32 @Memento Any new mocks coming soon? I dunno, maybe some kind of inspiration may have happened today or something?

Already had a mock, but I'll have to change it because Fisher was being retained. I didn't expect him to be fired so soon.

I'll probably have to make a new one, haha.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Well this didn't take long...

Eric Dickerson says he'll return to Rams games now

Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson says he will return to Los Angeles Rams games now that coach Jeff Fisher has been fired.

"Of course I will go to the games now," Dickerson told Colin Cowherd on "The Herd" radio show moments after Fisher was let go Monday.

Fisher, Dickerson said, told him in late November that he didn't want him on the sideline during games. Fisher said Dickerson's public comments disparaging the team had made players "uncomfortable."

Atlanta Falcons on Sunday at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, dropping to the team to 4-9 for the season. Fisher was 31-45-1 in nearly five seasons with the Rams.

"I am not hating on Jeff. I am not mad at him," Dickerson said. "but I can't feel sorry for a guy who's made $35 million coaching. He'll be OK. It is what it is. When they cut players, they went another direction; we are just going another direction here also."

Dickerson had some thoughts on what he would like to see in the next Rams coach.

"They have to have someone who is a real football guy, who is going to make a difference, a splash," Dickerson said. "Not a yes man; they need someone who knows football and wants to win. That's what it's all about in L.A. You can't put a mediocre product on the field out here as you saw yesterday."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tend-los-angeles-rams-games-jeff-fisher-fired

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why today? Well, I've been musing today about "why not immediately?"

I couldn't see any upside to letting him last one more game.

So, IMO, good decision. Let's see what (if any) impact Fassell has on the team's motivation and discipline.

…..

Legend

That's our @flv ......sticking to his business model, relating all things to odds.

Good man. You're doing a really good job for such little pay lol

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Why today? Well, I've been musing today about "why not immediately?"

I couldn't see any upside to letting him last one more game.

So, IMO, good decision. Let's see what (if any) impact Fassell has on the team's motivation and discipline.
Eh, the only big challenge is it's a short week, but in the long run today vs. Friday will make precious little difference.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
I just wonder what this team is going to look like on Thursday. Is it going to be the same boring offense or do they start to air it out, even though this is a short week.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I just wonder what this team is going to look like on Thursday. Is it going to be the same boring offense or do they start to air it out, even though this is a short week.
Could test the long-running theory that no matter who called the plays, Fisher was keeping his foot on their neck.

jjab360

Legend
I can't help but feel optimistic that the odd timing of this firing tied in with the recent Harbaugh rumors means that those rumors actually have legs.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He got paid over $35 million. He'll survive.
I don't know why people have to bring up how much someone made, as if that erases the pain and/or humiliation. Losing your job is still a bummer, depressing, and it tears at your ego quite a bit. I don't care if he made $35M or $35.00. It's still poor form to celebrate that happening to someone else.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
^^^This

^^^And this

Maybe so. We're probably all just as surprised/excited/maybe a little bummed because it had to be done as the rest of yawlz. Seems a little unimportant but may end up being necessary.

^^^ absolutely this ^^^

I just don't get why this is necessary. He didn't try to lose. He was our coach and couldn't cut it. Why would anyone want a Rams coach to own that record. Seems very petty.

^^^This

That's some funny crap right there.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
@RamFan503 nice job pulling together some very respectful thoughts. Agree with the decision, although I thought it would be after the Whiners game. Coach Fisher did some very good things, but as most will agree it just wasn't enough. It's time the team takes a new direction. I'm hoping whatever the direction is, every stone will be turned over before pulling the trigger. It's long overdue getting this right.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not going to celebrate another mans demise but we all know this was needed. Now it's up to the front office to replace somebody who can resurrect this franchise and turn it into a regular winner. Easier said than done.
I will echo what Paulie said. Class statement OS - and very true.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Yes we shouldn't be mean to Fisher all he did was take a job, but before we get all teary eyed lets not forget he has 7 million bucks to buy a new fishing pole next year. I'm sure there is a university someplace that will give him a job and there is also the horrible thought that we will have to watch him on espn on game day. So don't be mean but it's damn fine to be happy as hell.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will echo what Paulie said. Class statement OS - and very true.
Hold off on the Sainthood for me I'm as happy this was done as anybody, just having been somebody who had to hire and fire people it's never an easy thing to do. Oh well last post in here I'll let others have their fun on to the speculation of who the next great Rams coach will be :D

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yes we shouldn't be mean to Fisher all he did was take a job, but before we get all teary eyed lets not forget he has 7 million bucks to buy a new fishing pole next year. I'm sure there is a university someplace that will give him a job and there is also the horrible thought that we will have to watch him on espn on game day. So don't be mean but it's damn fine to be happy as hell.
Seriously dude? I didn't realize he kicked your puppy on the way out the door.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hold off on the Sainthood for me I'm as happy this was done as anybody, just having been somebody who had to hire and fire people it's never an easy thing to do. Oh well last post in here I'll let others have their fun on to the speculation of who the next great Rams coach will be :D
Sainthood? Let's not get carried away. :cool: Just that it really is difficult and WILL BE difficult. Hopefully we get it right