Rams have fired Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Gary Klein ‏@LATimesklein 15s15 seconds ago
Rams announce Jeff Fisher fired.

Los Angeles Rams ‏@RamsNFL 8m8 minutes ago
The Los Angeles Rams have relieved Jeff Fisher from head coaching duties. Full statement to follow.

CzgBDQWVEAAxX84.jpg

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is that a reliable source?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Heard the same.....I didnt see this coming. I really thought he would become President and then bring in another coach

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I really didn't think it would happen but I can't argue it wasn't time any longer. Here's to hoping the next guy has better luck moving this team forward.

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yes.
Just heard it on Cowerd radio show.
Am 570 LA

Odd timing. On a short week?
Why not wait until the end of the season. It's not like we have a playoff shot.
Intersting.

Edit: They may have a coach in mind they want to get to before anyone else.

Last edited:

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I'd like to place on the record of this site at least, that I am thankful for the work Jeff did with the Rams, for his turning around the absolute dreadfulness of the era he inherited and turning us into at least a competitive team (kind of). He's handled the tough fact of just not being good enough in a dignified manner.

But now, we can move forwards. Everyone is no doubt aware that it is essential we choose wisely.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/12/rams-fire-jeff-fisher/

Rams fire Jeff Fisher
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 12, 2016

615032968-e1481110436646.jpg
Getty Images

The teflon coach is finally fired.

Jeff Fisher, whose job security became baffling as he led the Rams through years of mediocrity, was fired today as the team’s head coach. The team announced the move this afternoon.

Fisher was fired after perhaps the single ugliest loss of his coaching tenure, a brutal blowout at the hands of the Falcons on Sunday that ensured he would have his fifth consecutive losing record at the helm of the team.

Now the question is who Rams owner Stan Kroenke will find to lead his team in Los Angeles going forward. Kroenke is more focused on building a stadium than on building a football team, but if he can’t find someone who can help his team win, he’s not going to fill his stadium.

Fisher clearly wasn’t the answer, and now he’s out.