Rams have fired Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
It was inevitable, and I'm glad it finally happened. No more spinning wheels with Fisher. I'm also glad Fassel is getting the nod here.

The fact is we were getting Spags near the end level bad this season. This was needed.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Because they were paid less? I'm sure they were well compensated and were given a chance as well. I feel for them. I don't feel bad for Jeff. He got a chance. He tried and failed. So it makes you feel better to bag on him? Good for you. Seems kind of bush league to me.
No not just because they were paid less because they will take longer to land on their feet and yes it does make me feel good to see an unsuccessful head coach leave my favorite team and it makes me feel even better to see a replacement take his place. If that is "Bush league" as you call it then Cool! I'm Bush League. Some would say an unprovoked insult is Bush League as well. Did I kick your puppy?

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Hopefully now that Fisher is gone, every starter sees that he's playing to impress the next HC, whoever that may be. If there was ever a time to play your best ball, it's the next three weeks. Here's to hoping for some 7-9 bullshit.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well this didn't take long...

Eric Dickerson says he'll return to Rams games now

Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson says he will return to Los Angeles Rams games now that coach Jeff Fisher has been fired.

"Of course I will go to the games now," Dickerson told Colin Cowherd on "The Herd" radio show moments after Fisher was let go Monday.

Fisher, Dickerson said, told him in late November that he didn't want him on the sideline during games. Fisher said Dickerson's public comments disparaging the team had made players "uncomfortable."

Atlanta Falcons on Sunday at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, dropping to the team to 4-9 for the season. Fisher was 31-45-1 in nearly five seasons with the Rams.

"I am not hating on Jeff. I am not mad at him," Dickerson said. "but I can't feel sorry for a guy who's made $35 million coaching. He'll be OK. It is what it is. When they cut players, they went another direction; we are just going another direction here also."

Dickerson had some thoughts on what he would like to see in the next Rams coach.

"They have to have someone who is a real football guy, who is going to make a difference, a splash," Dickerson said. "Not a yes man; they need someone who knows football and wants to win. That's what it's all about in L.A. You can't put a mediocre product on the field out here as you saw yesterday."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...tend-los-angeles-rams-games-jeff-fisher-fired

Does anyone actually care about whether or not he is going to the games again?

MountainRam

Rookie
I wish Fisher has a long and happy post-coaching career.

And ask a doctor to watch on Mike Silver. He is talking like he is going to cry live on NFL and pass out soon.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On the one hand, it's about freaking time.

On the other hand, you fire him on a Monday, in a week where you play a Thursday night game against the only team whose number he consistently has?

The smarter move would have been to fire him Friday morning, regardless of the Seattle game's outcome.
I concur, for the most part. I think Stan was being nice by keeping Jeff from owning the most losses mark all by his lonesome, and the Rams would join him in that record too. Perhaps the Rams start playing better under the interim coach. They just had really stopped playing under Fish. Also, it's hard to have that "eye of the tiger" in La La Land with the weekly pool parties.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Does anyone actually care about whether or not he is going to the games again?
Not me, but I wanted to post it showing how quickly some media pundits churn out crap which means absolutely nothing about this team. Plus, I knew @-X- would really appreciate my continuous "digging" for the truth.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Aye. And I didn't celebrate the assistant coaches who were fired either. I don't have a problem with people celebrating a new direction. I'm pretty excited about it too. But tearing apart the guy personally, and taking shots at him as he leaves, is kinda stupid to me. But, that's just me maybe.

Not just you...

Psycho_X

Legend
I just don't get why this is necessary. He didn't try to lose. He was our coach and couldn't cut it. Why would anyone want a Rams coach to own that record. Seems very petty.

13oJ7rlCpZPnr2.gif

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Thanks coach Fishers. I saw how badly you wanted to turn this thing around. Sorry it didn't work out.

On to the next chapter of Rams football.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I just wonder what this team is going to look like on Thursday. Is it going to be the same boring offense or do they start to air it out, even though this is a short week.

I'm guessing everyone is going to do what they please since the ST coach is running the show and isn't really going to be able to tell anyone what to do even if this was a bye week.

Could test the long-running theory that no matter who called the plays, Fisher was keeping his foot on their neck.

We already know that's not really true though.

Sounds like completely/ While I wouldn't have been surprised to see him stay on in some capacity, it is probably for the best to just move on completely.

Nah, he's no longer employed by the Rams. I thought there might be a chance he was given a spot on the team somewhere but I think they would have said that in the press release.

I'll take whatever I can get! Just retain Coach Bones for me as ST coordinator :love:

If they let him go we riot.

Not me. He's like a freaking Kardashian to me now.

Makes perfect sense and I have to agree. "Reality TV" and sports media are essentially neighbors over in Integrityland.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Thank you for your help Eric Dickerson. Thank you for helping us start heading in the right direction.

ED001.jpg

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
It seems like just yesterday when I said....

apost.JPG