Rams have fired Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MFaulk107

The Realness
Thank God. Guy doesn't know shit about offense.
Who tf promotes their TE coach to be o Coordinator????! There is a reason why he's a TE coach n wasn't OC. But Fisher just wants to run run run n more run when it's obvious it's a PASSING league. Even not so good teams like saints n bucks seem to get it
But not Fisher. Guy needs to get his head out of his ass.
I hope Harbaugh comes back to NFL to coach is personally. Or Coughlin.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Coach bones "yo Jeff before you go ... what was the secret to beating Seattle "

Psycho_X

Legend

I think he cared about the goal he had. Once he achieved it I think he cared a lot more about other stuff. Doesn't really matter though. Point being the empty seats and the dirt cheap tickets finally made him act instead of the team making excuses like they have for 15 years now which is a positive for the team.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Thank God. Guy doesn't know crap about offense.
Who tf promotes their TE coach to be o Coordinator????! There is a reason why he's a TE coach n wasn't OC. But Fisher just wants to run run run n more run when it's obvious it's a PASSING league. Even not so good teams like saints n bucks seem to get it
But not Fisher. Guy needs to get his head out of his ass.
I hope Harbaugh comes back to NFL to coach is personally. Or Coughlin.

You started out so well here. But Fisher didn't run run run and run. We actually pass a lot more then we run.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
We need a strict coach that preaches discipline and accountability . Coughlin sounds like the perfect choice right now but I'm sure there will be a lot of choices. O and please bring a real offensive coordinator!

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
It was needed. I feel bad for Fisher but I felt much worse for fans and players! I feel Fisher had reached a point where he refused to change, refused to put in the time, and wanted to be buddies with the players rather than their boss. The team needs new blood and new ideas. This hire has to be the right hire. Screw up this hire and the Rams will be cellar dwellers for years.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32 @Memento Any new mocks coming soon? I dunno, maybe some kind of inspiration may have happened today or something?

Yea. I'll have one up tonight. I'm trying to decide if I should go with something completely unrealistic for fun or stick with a realistic one.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not going to celebrate another mans demise but we all know this was needed. Now it's up to the front office to replace somebody who can resurrect this franchise and turn it into a regular winner. Easier said than done.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
On the one hand, it's about freaking time.

On the other hand, you fire him on a Monday, in a week where you play a Thursday night game against the only team whose number he consistently has?

The smarter move would have been to fire him Friday morning, regardless of the Seattle game's outcome.

But then he would own the L record and the record would be tied to the Rams franchise. Seeing as how you aren't a Rams fan maybe this is a good time for you not to be on our boards talking shit.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I predict this will be the biggest change in a football team we have seen in years. This team is full of talent and with the right leadership and game plan they could be a completely different looking team next season. I'm excited.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Not going to celebrate another mans demise but we all know this was needed. Now it's up to the front office to replace somebody who can resurrect this franchise and turn it into a regular winner. Easier said than done.
You're a class act, Oldschool. Nicely said.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Thats true, a mass firing would be too much right now.

Yes, and I would think that a lot of people are on notice, so this will be a three game chance.

Having said that I'm glad Fassell gets a shot. I seriously doubt he or any of the coaches will be here past this season but he gets a chance to show he can prepare a team as a HC. Out of all of our coaches he deserves to get his name out there in NFL circles.

Are you wondering why it wasn't Williams? I kinda am.

Those $6 seats on stubhub and a half empty stadium scared him thinking about his $2.5 billion stadium. Too bad he hasn't cared until now.

True.

Debacled

Starter
Time to spin the coaching roulette wheel again.

Hire doesn't matter if Goff doesn't work out though :baghead:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The right decision and i'm honestly surprised it was made before the end of the season. Still quite a bit of possible fallout from this and the fate of other people. Snead, other coaches, players etc.
I think we can safely rule out Fisher staying on in another front office role though. That would have involved an offseason move.

So much to talk about but i'm still going on record as saying that i want Demoff, Snead to stay.

Demoff I don't care if he stays or goes, he's not really important they can find cap guys.

Snead on the other hand should stay. GM is a more important job than HC and I think he's good.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
To you guys that want Snead to stay. I like him too in fact I really liked Fisher. I Just didn't think he would be so stubborn with his failing Offensive philosophy and at the end of the day it is exactly that which got him fired. I remember when Fisher was the heir apparent to John Robinson at S.C and thought he had a bright future GL in your future wherever it takes you. But to be clear that Les is in charge of player retention and acquisitions that is what he is responsible for so he absolutely is culpable and needs to be held accountable.

Last edited:

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea. I'll have one up tonight. I'm trying to decide if I should go with something completely unrealistic for fun or stick with a realistic one.
Or you could do both ? Pretty please

Psycho_X

Legend
Are you wondering why it wasn't Williams? I kinda am.

I think Williams has burned too many bridges in the NFL to ever be a head coach again. I'd honestly be surprised if he gets another DC gig just because there aren't a lot of people out there that like him... or at least that is what is perceived by me. I could be wrong though as I have no real idea. But I think that'd serve too much of a distraction on an already distracted team.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'd like to place on the record of this site at least, that I am thankful for the work Jeff did with the Rams, for his turning around the absolute dreadfulness of the era he inherited and turning us into at least a competitive team (kind of). He's handled the tough fact of just not being good enough in a dignified manner.

But now, we can move forwards. Everyone is no doubt aware that it is essential we choose wisely.
^^^This

I hate that it came to this. I like Jeff Fisher, but moving on is by far the best course of action for this team. Thanks for bringing us up from the mess Linehan & Spags left behind, coach!

Go Rams!!
^^^And this

I'm predicting....

A major thread merge.....
Maybe so. We're probably all just as surprised/excited/maybe a little bummed because it had to be done as the rest of yawlz. Seems a little unimportant but may end up being necessary.

I would like to remind those who are happy about this news (like i am) to be respectful towards Fisher. He isn't an idiot, he didn't wreck the Rams or steal your money. He just wasn't good enough.
Please don't act like a 5th grader in here. We're better than that :)
^^^ absolutely this ^^^

But was hoping Fisher's parting gift would be owning that loss record.
I just don't get why this is necessary. He didn't try to lose. He was our coach and couldn't cut it. Why would anyone want a Rams coach to own that record. Seems very petty.

Not saying I disagree with this move, but I am not celebrating a man losing his job either. Fisher wanted more than anything to make the Rams great again. I have no doubt about that. This is a depressing day that hammers home the dysfunction of this team right now. Hopefully we are able to get a new HC in here quick and he can get to work putting out this dumpster fire....
^^^This

"This must be how Odell Beckham felt when he caught the game-winning touchdown"
That's some funny shit right there.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: