Rams have fired Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
Time to spin the coaching roulette wheel again.

Hire doesn't matter if Goff doesn't work out though :baghead:

I think it is the other way around. The right hire means Goff works out! Hire the wrong guy and he fails.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eh, the only big challenge is it's a short week, but in the long run today vs. Friday will make precious little difference.
Yeah... let's say they do it Friday... today... Friday... either way, expectations are low for his successor. To me, the short week has no impact on the decision.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Is he completely gone or just as head coach?

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Sainthood? Let's not get carried away. :cool: Just that it really is difficult and WILL BE difficult. Hopefully we get it right
The people to feel bad for is all of the under staff that will go with him. Those are the people and their families that I feel for.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Is he completely gone or just as head coach?
Sounds like completely/ While I wouldn't have been surprised to see him stay on in some capacity, it is probably for the best to just move on completely.

MountainRam

Rookie
Could test the long-running theory that no matter who called the plays, Fisher was keeping his foot on their neck.

To show the world - will they open their offense playing on short week against Seahawks? No way. They will and should run Gruley 25 times and let Goff throw about 20 times and get out of Seattle without embarrassing themselves.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The people to feel bad for is all of the under staff that will go with him. Those are the people and their families that I feel for.
Because they were paid less? I'm sure they were well compensated and were given a chance as well. I feel for them. I don't feel bad for Jeff. He got a chance. He tried and failed. So it makes you feel better to bag on him? Good for you. Seems kind of bush league to me.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know why people have to bring up how much someone made, as if that erases the pain and/or humiliation. Losing your job is still a bummer, depressing, and it tears at your ego quite a bit. I don't care if he made $35M or $35.00. It's still poor form to celebrate that happening to someone else.

you're right man. he's had a hard 5 years of losing football finally come to an end.

he needs to go home, draw a bath and relax.

this is what his bath would look like.

tub-o-money1.jpeg

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Yea. I'll have one up tonight. I'm trying to decide if I should go with something completely unrealistic for fun or stick with a realistic one.
I'll take whatever I can get! Just retain Coach Bones for me as ST coordinator :love:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't know why people have to bring up how much someone made, as if that erases the pain and/or humiliation. Losing your job is still a bummer, depressing, and it tears at your ego quite a bit. I don't care if he made $35M or $35.00. It's still poor form to celebrate that happening to someone else.

Because the fact that he's been treated well in pay and patience on the part of ownership matters. Also, Fish has fired his own coaches for the betterment of the team, guys like Walton who only got one year. Deservedly so, but still. Fish had his time, he was well paid.

IMO there's nothing wrong with fans celebrating that they now have hope for the future. I think we all need to enjoy this, personally. We deserve some real hope. A real hire, a guy like Harbaugh would make much of the suffering worthwhile.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Could test the long-running theory that no matter who called the plays, Fisher was keeping his foot on their neck.
That's already been debunked.
He only offered his opinion on offensive play-calls in certain situations.
He's never dictated which plays should be called during a game.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Wow did not see this coming. Went and got a new tire put on then came home and jumped on ps4. Come out for a smoke and check my phone and bam!!

Thank you Fisher for getting us out of the basement and making us somewhat respectable again. :cheers: to you stache!!!!

Let the new email begin! Wonder we go after and who will be interim.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Because the fact that he's been treated well in pay and patience on the part of ownership matters. Also, Fish has fired his own coaches for the betterment of the team, guys like Walton who only got one year. Deservedly so, but still. Fish had his time, he was well paid.

IMO there's nothing wrong with fans celebrating that they now have hope for the future. I think we all need to enjoy this, personally. We deserve some real hope. A real hire, a guy like Harbaugh would make much of the suffering worthwhile.
Aye. And I didn't celebrate the assistant coaches who were fired either. I don't have a problem with people celebrating a new direction. I'm pretty excited about it too. But tearing apart the guy personally, and taking shots at him as he leaves, is kinda stupid to me. But, that's just me maybe.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Also, got to feel for his son Brandon. He still has to coach through the three remaining games. I'm sure it won't be easy.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Aye. And I didn't celebrate the assistant coaches who were fired either. I don't have a problem with people celebrating a new direction. I'm pretty excited about it too. But tearing apart the guy personally, and taking shots at him as he leaves, is kinda stupid to me. But, that's just me maybe.
Exactly this. I'm stoked at the idea of a new direction. I'm not going to and never have taken personal shots at coaches or employees that were fired. And personally, I find the need troubling.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Nice. I didn't expect this until January 2nd, but I'm glad it happened early. I wish Jeff Fisher the best for his future, but NOW it's time to change our culture, change our offensive scheme, and start winning! This is a good day.