Rams have fired Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Not saying I disagree with this move, but I am not celebrating a man losing his job either. Fisher wanted more than anything to make the Rams great again. I have no doubt about that. This is a depressing day that hammers home the dysfunction of this team right now. Hopefully we are able to get a new HC in here quick and he can get to work putting out this dumpster fire....

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Ecstatic we did this right away, we get a jump on the competition on not only the HC but all the other pieces as well.
On e thing that just pissed me off about Fisher was him dragging his damn feet while all the other good coaches, and FA's for that matter, were snapped up by the other teams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not saying I disagree with this move, but I am not celebrating a man losing his job either. Fisher wanted more than anything to make the Rams great again. I have no doubt about that. This is a depressing day that hammers home the dysfunction of this team right now. Hopefully we are able to get a new HC in here quick and he can get to work putting out this dumpster fire....

He got paid over $35 million. He'll survive.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wise move by Kroenke.

When a fan base loses faith in the coach you need to make sure they don't lose faith in the owner as well.

The firing had to be now.
IMG_0978.GIF

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Was only a matter of time, but THANK GOD Stan finally made the call. Fish got a real nice severance package, best of luck to him and thanks for getting this org back to respectability.

Now to the future. OFFER A BLANK CHECK TO HARBAUGH. Him first, then go from there, IMO.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
As much as I believe this move had to be made - and make no mistake, I emphatically agree with making this move and doing it now - I'm saddened that it came to this.

I was really hoping Fisher could turn it around with the Rams, but as this season unfolded, it became abundantly clear he wouldn't. Not to mention, I've had a nagging feeling for most of his tenure, as he just never seemed to fully appreciate what he needed to do on the offensive side of the ball. When you look back and try to figure out why it came to this, I think it goes back to his decision to hire Schotty over Hue Jackson. From there he compounded the mistake, first by hanging on to Schotty when the offensive performance was sub-par (whereas he dealt with defensive underperformance decisively after Walton's only year as DC), then by not making a bold move to get someone to turn it around when Schotty finally left.

I wish no ill will on him, and appreciate his efforts of bringing the roster back to being something other than the epic disaster it became during the LineSpags era. And I hope he enjoys his retirement. But if he's honest with himself, he's going to realize that he doesn't really have anyone else to blame but himself and his approach to NFL offense in the present era, because that's ultimately where he failed the Rams and eventually himself.

Good luck, Jeff.

Shouldn't Boras get shown to the door also?

Yes, he should absolutely be shown the door, with Groh taking over on an interim basis. He's a big reason why Fisher was shown the door today.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
I don't expect Fassel to make any changes (although he may), but he may instruct Boras to open up the offense. We really don't know how much Boras' hands were tied by Fisher's insistence on playing "Fisherball". Maybe Groh will get more input into the game plan.....I really don't know what to expect Thursday. It is going to be very interesting to see how they play Thursday and finishing out the season.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I guess this owner does want a winner and got rid of this loser head coach.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you think Rock Gullickson walked Fisher to Kroenke's office?

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't want to celebrate the guy losing his job but he needed to go and it's 100% the right move

He will pick up a coaching somewhere think he is done as a HC but could get a DB coaching job maybe a DC

whitedk57

Ram fan for life
Name
Duane
I know this is premature, but David Shaw's "visit" could be more than just a coincidence......just saying

This really does make some sense. The mystery of the Fisher contract signing seems to play into all this as well. Everything seemed very odd to me.

The after-game quotes by Gurley and Hayes definitely played a part too. And there was the Eric Dickerson dispute. It all seemed like a perfect storm of events.

Hmm...

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
:yay::yay::yay::yess::yay::yay::yay::yess::yay::yay::yay::yess::yay::yay::yay::yess:

Should I post my happiness 7 or 9 times?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
"This must be how Odell Beckham felt when he caught the game-winning touchdown"