Rams have fired Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Los Angeles Rams Part Ways With Jeff Fisher
Posted 51 minutes ago

By TheRams.com

600x200-blue-white-logo-1.jpg

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Rams have relieved Jeff Fisher from head coaching duties, the team announced today.

“Making a decision such as this - especially during the season - is one of the most difficult in sports,” said Rams Owner/Chairman E. Stanley Kroenke. “I have great respect for Jeff as a coach, person, father and friend.

“He has worked tirelessly despite some challenging circumstances. He played an integral role in helping this team make history in returning the NFL to Los Angeles, and we always will be grateful for his commitment and dedication to our organization.

“However, this is the right time to make a change as our performance has not lived up to my or our fans' expectations. We all are focused on improving as an organization and building a team that makes Los Angeles proud. Our mission is to celebrate a Super Bowl title with our fans in Los Angeles. Today is the first step to bringing us closer to that goal.”

Fisher was hired as head coach of the Rams in 2012 and has amassed a record of 31-45-1 in nearly five seasons.

Rams Chief Operating Officer Kevin Demoff will be available to media today at 3 p.m.

The news conference will take place at the Rams practice facility, located on the campus of California Lutheran University (3680 Campus Dr., Thousand Oaks, CA 91360). Please park in open spaces near the rear of the parking lot, and look for the “Media” directional signage to enter the facility.

Demoff will speak to the media at a podium inside the media workroom. There will be a mult box available in the back of the workroom for television and radio outlets that need to gather sound.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I'm predicting Dave McGinnis as interim HC. Let Williams, Boras (assuming he isn't fired next) and Fassell concentrate on co-ordinating their respective phases.

This is great news by the way. Don't care if it's a short week. It had to be done. This franchise was becoming a laughing stock.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The right decision and i'm honestly surprised it was made before the end of the season. Still quite a bit of possible fallout from this and the fate of other people. Snead, other coaches, players etc.
I think we can safely rule out Fisher staying on in another front office role though. That would have involved an offseason move.

So much to talk about but i'm still going on record as saying that i want Demoff, Snead to stay.

Psycho_X

Legend
Fassell will be interim head coach and I'm happy about that.

But why do it today? On a short week, just kind of weird. At least let him own that damn loss record.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Yes it's reliable.
Heard it on the radio.
Fisher has been fired.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
So my prediction about Dave McGinnis being interim coach was quickly proven wrong.

Fassell deserves whatever chance we can give him. The man's a magician at what he does.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
About damn time, I appreciate Fisher improving the roster in 2012 very quickly. Now I hope the next coach in line will be able to take us to the next level.

I certainly hope Snead will be retained as well. He's been excellent in scouting for talent and moving up or down in the draft.

…..

Legend
My apologies. Do you not think this is good for our team? If not, why is that?

Well yes it will be a good move but this day just symbolizes the whole crappy term to me. I just think its a bit odd to celebrate our dysfunction. I'd rather get to work on becoming respectable again.