Rams cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Award winner at 3 OLine positions at Alabama and wasn't ever able to start a game for us and wasn't able to start in three years. Underwhelming pro career after a stellar college one.

Ram65

Legend
Bust or not I thought Barrett Jones would become a solid NFL player. I would call it a kinda wasted pick. That statement is considering he was a 4th rounder when the Rams roster had lots of holes.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Whether you would consider him the definition of a bust or not, Barrett Jones was a wasted pick.
Tends to happen more than not once you get out of the first 3 rounds. Definitely aren't the last team who's going to be saying that about any of their 4th rounders.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
4th round picks aren't busts. I really only consider the first or second day picks as bustable. That's just me though.
I believe any draft pick that doesn't contribute is a bust. The 4th rnd and later picks just hurt a lot less.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
As per jtom tweet B. Jones OC has been cut and will announce starting OC after wednesday's practice

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
@Boston Ram ...you may have missed the disclaimer "while holding his point" which should have included "of attack" dude was always missing blocks and getting blown off the LOS....while definitely not ideal, I could see were they think he may improve....May...improve...nowhere near that yet...but IMO, he was as good as Barnes or Jones in this area....and since he can run a lil bit, I guess I'd take him over...whoever was the 2nd/3rd guy....trust me, I feel ya...these guys need to really improve in 9 days....Seahawks are wounded...They'll want to apply max pressure on Foles..and remove all running lanes...O-Line can win that game alone by being stout...at the point of attack.(y)

Thanks for the clarification. So as usual I agree with you lol! I was getting worried my old age was effecting my eyes.

TexasRam

Legend
Jones cut?

What a joke.

He outplayed the others at center. Didn't give up a sack and was solid in the run game.

The same can't be said for rhaney or Barnes.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Jones cut?

What a joke.

He outplayed the others at center. Didn't give up a sack and was solid in the run game.

The same can't be said for rhaney or Barnes.

I don't know. I thought Barnes outplayed the pack. To me Barnes was the easy winner at C.

FRO

Legend
I don't know. I thought Barnes outplayed the pack. To me Barnes was the easy winner at C.
I didn't see Barnes as clear cut. I saw all three look like backup quality players at best. We will be in the market for a starting C next offseason.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And I thought none of them outshined the others except Rhaney in run blocking. They all had bad moments pass blocking.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Surprising B Jones was cut. This year was the first time he's really flashed a little in pre-season.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Jones getting cut opens the door for Rhaney if they go with 10. Wichmann looks like the 9th. I thought Jones was slightly better but at this point there is no upside and at least there is some with Rhaney. No sure either would or will be a factor anyway.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Tired of fans throwing out the term "bust" whenever a draft pick gets cut. Well guess what, Jones was beat out by a seventh rounder, yet those same fans won't say what a great pick Rhaney was. Oh yeah, had he been cut, they would call him a bust too I guess. I mean some still refer to Rok Watkins as a bust and he was a 5th rounder.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
And I thought none of them outshined the others except Rhaney in run blocking. They all had bad moments pass blocking.

I thought Rhaney was the worst run blocker of them all. None were great I agree but Barnes looks like he can hold his own and unfortunately that's all we can hope for. I'm not overly concerned with Barnes starting. He was pretty good overall