Rams cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I know it's not all their fault - you can only get as much access as a team is willing to give - but Rams media leaves a lot to be desired - especially when you compare them w some of the "marquis" teams coverage.

FRO

Legend
Weather it's Barnes or Jones I'm very underwhelmed with either as starters.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Rhaney showed while at guard, he is mobile for a big guy...hustling...throwing his body around..If he played like that as a center, while holding his point...He'd be fine...I never saw much difference between Jones/Barnes/Rhaney at the center position.....So whomever they keep, just do your job...

I usually agree with you, but Rhaney was really disappointing to me this preseason. I thought/think Barnes has earned the starting C job. Rhaney looked better at G but boy I can't bear thought of him potentially playing in a game that matters. I still think he should be cut but as stated before I don't know what he has done in practices, he may be doing something there that warrants a spot.

FRO

Legend
I usually agree with you, but Rhaney was really disappointing to me this preseason. I thought/think Barnes has earned the starting C job. Rhaney looked better at G but boy I can't bear thought of him potentially playing in a game that matters. I still think he should be cut but as stated before I don't know what he has done in practices, he may be doing something there that warrants a spot.
Yeah I'm not sure he is there mentally yet. When he was allowed to go out there and play at OG he was very good.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@Boston Ram ...you may have missed the disclaimer "while holding his point" which should have included "of attack" dude was always missing blocks and getting blown off the LOS....while definitely not ideal, I could see were they think he may improve....May...improve...nowhere near that yet...but IMO, he was as good as Barnes or Jones in this area....and since he can run a lil bit, I guess I'd take him over...whoever was the 2nd/3rd guy....trust me, I feel ya...these guys need to really improve in 9 days....Seahawks are wounded...They'll want to apply max pressure on Foles..and remove all running lanes...O-Line can win that game alone by being stout...at the point of attack.(y)

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@jthom1: I'm also told Cody Wichmann has made squad. Nothing's official yet. Rams have not released their cuts at this point.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
What I liked about Rhaney, was his absolute tenacity. Dude never stops helping, looking to hit someone else. RIP Jones.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
So Barnes is the starter I assume. Still surprised Jones got cut. He's now a Rams bust.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
So Barnes is the starter I assume. Still surprised Jones got cut. He's now a Rams bust.

I've never heard of a 4th round bust before.

Anyone who applies that label is putting stock in their own over inflation of his value. He was a great college lineman. Sometimes that's a peak for a guy.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What I liked about Rhaney, was his absolute tenacity. Dude never stops helping, looking to hit someone else. RIP Jones.
Agree, I thought he showed much more blocking in the run game and you always saw him on the 2nd level looking for somebody to flatten. That and the only one to mess up shotgun snaps was Jones. They all got beat equally in pass protection but Rhaney showed more in run blocking.

FRO

Legend
4th round picks aren't busts. I really only consider the first or second day picks as bustable. That's just me though.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I've never heard of a 4th round bust before.

Anyone who applies that label is putting stock in their own over inflation of his value. He was a great college lineman. Sometimes that's a peak for a guy.

A 4th rounder who took maybe 10 snaps for you is a bust in my mind. It's a wasted pick, and you shouldn't expect to cut 4th rounders without some sort of production on any level, whether it's special teams or on offense/defense.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

A 4th rounder who suffered a major back injury is not exactly a definition of a bust. They gambled on somebody who was injured coming out of college with the foot injury, knowing there was a real chance he never became productive, but also knowing that if he had been healthy he would have been picked much higher.

Gambles by definition don't always work out.

T-Hawks

UDFA
I am not even mad Jones is cut. He had the opportunity to be our starting center, and he did not take it.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
A 4th rounder who took maybe 10 snaps for you is a bust in my mind. It's a wasted pick, and you shouldn't expect to cut 4th rounders without some sort of production on any level, whether it's special teams or on offense/defense.

If that is the case then the 4th round sees a lot more busts than hits. Just the way it is ....

And this doesn't mean that his career is over. Stranger things have happened in this league - he could catch on and start elsewhere.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Whether you would consider him the definition of a bust or not, Barrett Jones was a wasted pick.