Rams cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought Rhaney was the worst run blocker of them all. None were great I agree but Barnes looks like he can hold his own and unfortunately that's all we can hope for. I'm not overly concerned with Barnes starting. He was pretty good overall
I sometimes wonder if I watched the same games as everybody else. I recall multiple occasions where Rhaney beat his initial block and was on the second level continuing to block. Keep in mind the first part of my statement "none of them outshined the others".

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I didn't see Barnes as clear cut. I saw all three look like backup quality players at best. We will be in the market for a starting C next offseason.

I thought it was pretty clear cut, but I also agree they will be in the market for a center next year. I really thought Rhaney was poor at center. So to me it was clear as jones was ok

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Tired of fans throwing out the term "bust" whenever a draft pick gets cut. Well guess what, Jones was beat out by a seventh rounder, yet those same fans won't say what a great pick Rhaney was. Oh yeah, had he been cut, they would call him a bust too I guess. I mean some still refer to Rok Watkins as a bust and he was a 5th rounder.

I never said that Rhaney wasn't a great pick. He's a 7th rounder who made the 53 man roster and possibly could start for us. That's a great pick, just like Daryl Richardson was a great pick because he contributed. Barrett Jones, on the other hand, was a terrible pick. Not contribution and has no value.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I sometimes wonder if I watched the same games as everybody else. I recall multiple occasions where Rhaney beat his initial block and was on the second level continuing to block. Keep in mind the first part of my statement "none of them outshined the others".

Are you sure he didn't miss his block lol. Oline can be seen differently by many. It's all opinions.

jjab360

Legend
I don't know. I thought Barnes outplayed the pack. To me Barnes was the easy winner at C.
Me too, Boston. And even if Barrett is a slightly better C than Rhaney, he didn't show the versatility or athleticism that Rhaney did at OG.

baconandbread

Let's get the Karty party starty
Not sure at all what they see in Barnes. I feel he has reached his ceiling and that isn't noticeably better than Jones is now. Personally, I would have went with Jones and hope that he finally gets it, seeing as they'll be in the market for a new centre next year anyways.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Drafting is not a science, at some point it comes down to a player putting in the work or simply staying healthy. And keep in mind as a teams roster gets stronger, you simply can't expect all draft picks to make a team.

Sure, in hindsight Jones was not a good pick because he did not make it, but the term bust should be assigned only to highly touted 1st or 2nd rounders that never make an impact, not middle to late round picks where league averages show most are not in the league after a few seasons.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@jthom1: Have been told that OLs Andrew Donnal and Darrell Williams have both made the Rams' 53-man roster.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
@jthom1: So either, the Rams are keeping 11 offensive linemen or Isaiah Battle did not make the 53-man.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
According to Pro Football Focus, of the 43 Rams receiving an scores on Offense, Barnes was ranked 3rd of 43, Jones 36 of 43, Rhaney 42 of 43.

The debate of the validity of the Pro Football Rankings is a subject for another thread, but it's an a non-biased ranking and pretty telling in the differences. Barnes far out performed the other two in every game he played.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Ok - apparently a bunch of us are on Twitter.

What are your handles?

I'm @wilfay33

jjab360

Legend
Williams outplayed Battle, but the guy we just spent a supplemental pick on not making the team would be pretty surprising..