Rams cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think Fisher/Snead hit on more UDFA than they do 7th round picks hehe

I concur they seem to put more time in that area and have hit on a couple, but nice find with Hager & maybe Rhaney.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I concur they seem to put more time in that area and have hit on a couple, but nice find with Hager & maybe Rhaney.
Yup both could be big contributors for us. The story behind Fisher and Hagers dad still is too good.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
And Lynch IMO.
Lynch really played well in last two games. He's, at least, a lock for the PS, if he doesn't get robbed. He's why I think Bates may be gone, because Lynch is a better LB, IMO, and still a good ST. Plus Hager, who is a stud.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Well they are essentially the same thing.

Get the guys you really want in the 7th, then sign the rest. Let em battle it out.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I can. I didn't think he really played that well at Center. He looked weak and got pushed back too often. He is not a good fit at Center either. Rhaney is the better backup and should get even better with more time. If it is a matter of wanting to keep only 9 OL then I don't see how Jones is one of them.

GRob
Brown
Barnes
Saffold
Havenstien
Rhaney
Battle
Reynolds
Donnal

Wichman to PS

Hmmmm. Could be then. I was so unimpressed with Rhaney at C, it would scare me if he's the backup. Not saying he can't get better, but he got bounced all over the field.

JRobinson

MiLB
Doubt they release Bates, but maybe Hager proved enough to make the FO make that decision. I think they keep both.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Hmmmm. Could be then. I was so unimpressed with Rhaney at C, it would scare me if he's the backup. Not saying he can't get better, but he got bounced all over the field.
Bounced, but like the Bumble...
$(KGrHqZHJ!4FJRZ2PpytBSYb(r6r1g~~60_35.JPG

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Doubt they release Bates, but maybe Hager proved enough to make the FO make that decision. I think they keep both.
I think that would be too many LB'ers. Numbers game and all. Nothing against Bates, great special teamer.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Well not really. Last year Rhaney, and maybe Bryant if he makes it and then this year Hagar.

So they have done well in the 7th and reality is it is easy to find more UDFAs in total when you have 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 7th rounders in a given draft, while then having 20 plus UDFAs.

So reality is they may add 2 or 3 UDFAs each year out of 20 signings, while adding one 7th rounder each year out of maybe two picks.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well not really. Last year Rhaney, and maybe Bryant if he makes it and then this year Hagar.

So they have done well in the 7th and reality is it is easy to find more UDFAs in total when you have 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 7th rounders in a given draft, while then having 20 plus UDFAs.

So reality is they may add 2 or 3 UDFAs each year out of 20 signings, while adding one 7th rounder each year out of maybe two picks.
Sorry I figured that "hehe" at the end would make people realize that was more tongue in cheek than serious. Of course there could be more UDFA making the team as we sign many of them each year. For the Record Fisher/Snead have had 8 7th round picks in 4 years. Currently we have Hager making the team with Rhaney and Bryant a possibility. The other 5 are already gone.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I can't see them cutting Jones, he has played good and has versatility, but who knows.
I think they all played ok. I didn't really see a guy stand out though. All 3 had moments of both good and bad.
If one deserves to be cut, unfortunately they all deserve to be cut. I hope our starting C isn't just the best of the worst.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Remember a few players that survive today, may not survive tomorrow. So a 6th WR or a 7th LB, may not be long for the roster. I certainly could see them add a young vet at CB.

Btw, I expect STs to get a lot of focus going into week one with it being such a huge divisional game and with the way Tyler Lockett has played this preseason for Seattle.

So I doubt they short change their coverage units by letting go of Reynolds or anyone else that might excel on STs.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Rhaney showed while at guard, he is mobile for a big guy...hustling...throwing his body around..If he played like that as a center, while holding his point...He'd be fine...I never saw much difference between Jones/Barnes/Rhaney at the center position.....So whomever they keep, just do your job...

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Rhaney showed while at guard, he is mobile for a big guy...hustling...throwing his body around..If he played like that as a center, while holding his point...He'd be fine...I never saw much difference between Jones/Barnes/Rhaney at the center position.....So whomever they keep, just do your job...
I do enjoy watching Rahney run 15 yds up field, looking for people to take out.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
So I doubt they short change their coverage units by letting go of Reynolds or anyone else that might excel on STs.
Pead may be one of the few we have that can catch Tyler Lockett...Hagar can run....I think I saw Marquez on some teams too...coverages....So, I wouldn't feel safe if I was anyone that ONLY DOES TEAMS...Trust me, most of these defenders can learn teams...Hell, I bet G-Rob would be a monster on teams...Like Hayes & Sims were/are...

Alexander, Bryant, Marquez, Pead, Hagar, Bates, Barron, Cunningham (TE), Givens, Davis, and Joyner....I could go a few more...Westbrooks, LTP, Sims, ...all play teams...and a position....

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I do enjoy watching Rahney run 15 yds up field, looking for people to take out.
Anyone else catch D. Washington doing that from the OLT position. It's like a dream.....