Rams cut

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I concur 100% Williams looked great at LT.
I finally caught up with all my film study on the OL, and although Jones is a slight surprise, I'd have picked Rhaney over him. Williams was easy, over Battle, who is just too raw. I'd like to develop him. Reynolds played good at G, and ORT. Barnes is Barnes, not great, but maybe good enough. Donnal had moments at both ORT and G. J. Brown, and Havenstein were early locks.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I finally caught up with all my film study on the OL, and although Jones is a slight surprise, I'd have picked Rhaney over him. Williams was easy, over Battle, who is just too raw. I'd like to develop him. Reynolds played good at G, and ORT. Barnes is Barnes, not great, but maybe good enough. Donnal had moments at both ORT and G. J. Brown, and Havenstein were early locks.

Q: Wasn't Rhaney always getting pushed backwards? Not sure how he beat out B. Jones

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Q: Wasn't Rhaney always getting pushed backwards? Not sure how he beat out B. Jones
Not always, it happened only a couple times, and once when he was pulling, not really his fault. He was a better G, than C, IMO. And he improved greatly, every game he played.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I guess we will be drafting a OC in Rd2-3 next draft

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Not always, it happened only a couple times, and once when he was pulling, not really his fault. He was a better G, than C, IMO.

I will take your word for it. I hope your right. Nothing worst than a OL thats gets pushed back

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I will take your word for it. I hope your right. Nothing worst than a OL thats gets pushed back
You don't have to take my word for it, but I was up until 3:00 AM, and all I was doing was studying the line, every position. I called D. Williams should make it, yesterday. Rhaney, I thought, would make it.

DrLurkalot

UDFA
Name
Don
If we keep 11 OL, 3 QB, and I'm assuming a larger than norm group of safeties what quality players at other positions might we lose? Seems like there's going to have to be some more surprises besides Dunbar and Jones.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Perhaps we will, maybe we should let them play the year to see how they do though :)

Um ya thats a given, what I was implying is we most likely need to use a high pick next draft to fix this

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
If we keep 11 OL, 3 QB, and I'm assuming a larger than norm group of safeties what quality players at other positions might we lose? Seems like there's going to have to be some more surprises besides Dunbar and Jones.
Already at DL, maybe one more. I don't see us at being super deep, anywhere else.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
He hasn't named Barnes the starter yet, and is there anybody out there or that's been released yet that might be better?
And what would make you believe that anyone out there would come in and supplant a guy who had been here for 4 years?

A starting Center just doesn't walk in and learn the system (terminology:line calls;play book, etc) without greatly limiting the offense.

I honestly don't understand what a lot of you are expecting from the position. The most important job of a center is to have the ability to get everyone on the same page. He is universally considered "half a blocker" compared to everyone else on the unit.

You really want to understand how they made the decision..... Don't focus on the individual. Focus on the unit and how it performs as an entity. Go back and look at the results when Barnes played compared to the other two. It's not even close. And wasn't throughout training camp.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
And what would make you believe that anyone out there would come in and supplant a guy who had been here for 4 years?

A starting Center just doesn't walk in and learn the system (terminology:line calls;play book, etc) without greatly limiting the offense.

I honestly don't understand what a lot of you are expecting from the position. The most important job of a center is to have the ability to get everyone on the same page. He is universally considered "half a blocker" compared to everyone else on the unit.

You really want to understand how they made the decision..... Don't focus on the individual. Focus on the unit and how it performs as an entity. Go back and look at the results when Barnes played compared to the other two. It's not even close. And wasn't throughout training camp.

A voice of reason in the wilderness!!

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Williams flashed for me in every preseason game also......for those who didn't notice he was the one taking left tackle reps in between Robinson and Battle and in my mind really stood out...... not a finished product by any means.....but looked really good at times......;)

Go Rams............ ;)

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
You don't have to take my word for it, but I was up until 3:00 AM, and all I was doing was studying the line, every position. I called D. Williams should make it, yesterday. Rhaney, I thought, would make it.
I respect your opinions when it comes to our OL, I realize you put in the work. I bet your pause and rewind deckle are worn off from watching all those tapes!!! lol

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Ummmmm I was replying to somebody saying we should be waiting for somebody to be released to come in and start over Barnes. I'm not advocating it happening I'm driving the Rhaney hype train.